Latest topics
» Random Anime Thread
Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:26 am by Chumara

» Hot Summer Garbage no jikan desu
Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:58 pm by Chumara

» Fairy Tail Manga Finally Ending
Sun May 14, 2017 11:33 pm by Chumara

» Springing ahead, but not really 2017
Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm by Chumara

» VG and anime acoustic guitar cover
Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:24 pm by Chumara

» New year, new season, new watchlist
Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:53 pm by take-mikazuchi

» New anime community board
Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:28 pm by Etrix

» New Fairy Tail movie
Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:05 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2016 (aka)...
Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:06 pm by Chumara

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Calendar Calendar


Sora no Otoshimono

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sora no Otoshimono

Post  Ryuuka on Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:30 pm

Ruben, while I don't mind the chibi style as much as you, I have to say that Hikaru gave ep 2 a much higher review than I would have.

But yeah, this show is ridiculous.
avatar
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 618
Location : behind the scenes
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  gemini09 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:58 pm

i like how its still the same old anime ive come to know and (somewhat) love, but is very original. imo anyways...
avatar
gemini09
Loli

Number of posts : 16
Location : Yes.
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  Chumara on Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:11 am

Regardless, flying pantsu is pro win but yeah I don't really get why carl loved it THAT much. He said he retardedness of that ep was a keeper

_________________

When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart.
avatar
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1802
Age : 30
Location : Tempe, Arizona
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  Ryuuka on Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:10 am

This show is just ridiculous. It's just so far out there that I just don't care and it works.
avatar
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 618
Location : behind the scenes
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  Ryuuka on Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:19 pm

OMG the new season's OP is just... lol...
avatar
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 618
Location : behind the scenes
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  Chumara on Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:19 am

This show is so bad that I just might close this thread, I mean fuck.... Kampfer is more watchable than this, and that's just bad.
I don't know how people can sit through this.

_________________

When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart.
avatar
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1802
Age : 30
Location : Tempe, Arizona
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  [DR] on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:22 pm

Chumara wrote:This show is so bad that I just might close this thread, I mean fuck.... Kampfer is more watchable than this, and that's just bad.
I don't know how people can sit through this.

Says the person who watched Queen's Blade and didn't watch more than 2 episodes of this show. My mistake 3 episodes, the club watched 3.
avatar
[DR]
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 201
Age : 29
Location : In The Shadows
Registration date : 2008-01-23

http://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10051425

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  Tekkaman Calamity on Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:05 pm

Chumara wrote:This show is so bad that I just might close this thread, I mean fuck.... Kampfer is more watchable than this, and that's just bad.
I don't know how people can sit through this.

That is a blatant lie and you know it.

_________________
Favorite Seiyū: Shizuka Itō
avatar
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1740
Location : The Milky Way Galaxy
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  Chumara on Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:52 pm

Thahn it's not easy for me to say that, but it's true, I would watch Kampfer over this show.
At least Queen's Blade had semi-decent plot.

_________________

When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart.
avatar
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1802
Age : 30
Location : Tempe, Arizona
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  Ryuuka on Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:19 pm

You know Thanh, his only gripe with Sora no Otoshimono is actually the SD stuff. Apparently having any SD qualifies a show for being the "worst show ever" because Ruben can't ever be Asian enough to tolerate it. Ever. Ever.

Sora no Otoshimono just tells it as it is: that some guys are horny potatoes who like ogling boobs and flying panties and crap. It doesn't beat around the bush - Tomoki just does whatever the hell he wants whenever and it's fantastic. Plus, there was a decent story to be had, but you had to watch past episode 2 to get to it.

Queen's Blade, on the other hand, has absolutely NO MEN in it because it was blatantly marketed as some sort of softcore porn designed exclusively for horny potatoes like Tomoki. The entire reason for Queen's Blade's existence is because people like Ruben and Tomoki exist. The plot is kinda like something Namco came up with for Soul Calibur, only without any testosterone.

Kampfer, in the meantime, has this wimpy homosexual main character that probably nobody can relate to (unless you're either gay or transsexual, of course). It's like the Happiness OVA where Jun the trap actually turns into a female FO REALZ - but no matter how attractive they are when they're female, it doesn't make you any less of a homo when they turn back (and you know they will turn back).
avatar
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 618
Location : behind the scenes
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  [DR] on Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:30 pm

Brian basically summed it up for the show.
If you disagree with throwing QB out there, need I point out something else you've watched? (ie Qwaser)
You really can't consider yourself better than a show like this when considering some of the stuff you HAVE watched.
Is it the best show ever? Hell no, but it's better than majority of the shows that's been pushed out in the past year or so that's for sure.
avatar
[DR]
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 201
Age : 29
Location : In The Shadows
Registration date : 2008-01-23

http://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10051425

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  Tekkaman Calamity on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:43 pm

Ryuuka wrote:You know Thanh, his only gripe with Sora no Otoshimono is actually the SD stuff. Apparently having any SD qualifies a show for being the "worst show ever" because Ruben can't ever be Asian enough to tolerate it. Ever. Ever.

Doesn't like SDs? I don't even know how to respond to that.

_________________
Favorite Seiyū: Shizuka Itō
avatar
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1740
Location : The Milky Way Galaxy
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  Chumara on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:02 pm

Ryuuka wrote:You know Thanh, his only gripe with Sora no Otoshimono is actually the SD stuff. Apparently having any SD qualifies a show for being the "worst show ever" because Ruben can't ever be Asian enough to tolerate it. Ever. Ever.

Sora no Otoshimono just tells it as it is: that some guys are horny potatoes who like ogling boobs and flying panties and crap. It doesn't beat around the bush - Tomoki just does whatever the hell he wants whenever and it's fantastic. Plus, there was a decent story to be had, but you had to watch past episode 2 to get to it.

Queen's Blade, on the other hand, has absolutely NO MEN in it because it was blatantly marketed as some sort of softcore porn designed exclusively for horny potatoes like Tomoki. The entire reason for Queen's Blade's existence is because people like Ruben and Tomoki exist. The plot is kinda like something Namco came up with for Soul Calibur, only without any testosterone.

Kampfer, in the meantime, has this wimpy homosexual main character that probably nobody can relate to (unless you're either gay or transsexual, of course). It's like the Happiness OVA where Jun the trap actually turns into a female FO REALZ - but no matter how attractive they are when they're female, it doesn't make you any less of a homo when they turn back (and you know they will turn back).

Yeah I hate chibi stuff, but I've liked some shows with chibi & SD in it, it just needs to have a good enough plot/story to be decent.
Sora no Otoshimono has some the most annoying characters I've ever seen, kinda like MM! only I'm not sure which main guy is more of a fag.
Kampfer is bad, we all know it. You don't have to bring up it's shittiness
Queen's Blade actually had a somewhat decent plot, and the only reason I watched it was because of the book you gave me, I went in expecting a HORRIBLE show, and I got something that actually was enjoyable, and it wasn't just the tits and ass, you can find that anywhere
Yes I've seen complete shit like KissxSis and Qwaser, but unlike SnO they brought something different to the table, for KxS it was the ability to make something so erotic without showing ANY nudity whatsoever and comedic romantic tension between the 3 main characters (none of which were bad characters therein themselves). For Qwaser it was just the most ridiculous plot device I'd ever seen, but god did that series suck...
I suppose what I'm really trying to say is that Queen's Blade is a much better show than SnO

_________________

When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart.
avatar
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1802
Age : 30
Location : Tempe, Arizona
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  Ryuuka on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:06 am

And what we're trying to say is that you're wrong.
avatar
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 618
Location : behind the scenes
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  Chumara on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:38 am

I remembered what irked me so much about SnO first season and why I knew I wouldn't like it, the main reason that is. It's basically a re-telling of To-Love-Ru with better animation and chibi.

_________________

When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart.
avatar
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1802
Age : 30
Location : Tempe, Arizona
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  Ryuuka on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:45 am

Except that it's not, and that Tomoki is a man among men.

Also, you watched To-Love-Ru? wtf is wrong with you?
avatar
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 618
Location : behind the scenes
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  [DR] on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:10 am

Not likely that you will but if you end up giving it more of a chance than you're currently willing to and watch through the point in which we hit a plot that gets semi-resolved, you'll probably come to enjoy it just like we do.

Side note: can't wait for S02E02
avatar
[DR]
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 201
Age : 29
Location : In The Shadows
Registration date : 2008-01-23

http://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10051425

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  Chumara on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:48 am

Ryuuka wrote:
Also, you watched To-Love-Ru? wtf is wrong with you?

Yeah I made the mistake once, hence the reason why I'm not doing it again.

_________________

When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart.
avatar
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1802
Age : 30
Location : Tempe, Arizona
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  [DR] on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:14 pm

Chumara wrote:
Ryuuka wrote:
Also, you watched To-Love-Ru? wtf is wrong with you?

Yeah I made the mistake once, hence the reason why I'm not doing it again.

wait a sec, off topic but you're watching the new To Love-Ru despite saying watching the series to be a mistake....
avatar
[DR]
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 201
Age : 29
Location : In The Shadows
Registration date : 2008-01-23

http://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10051425

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  Chumara on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:30 pm

[DR] wrote:
Chumara wrote:
Ryuuka wrote:
Also, you watched To-Love-Ru? wtf is wrong with you?

Yeah I made the mistake once, hence the reason why I'm not doing it again.

wait a sec, off topic but you're watching the new To Love-Ru despite saying watching the series to be a mistake....

Sequel Obligation

_________________

When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart.
avatar
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1802
Age : 30
Location : Tempe, Arizona
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  [DR] on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:35 pm

honestly doesn't make sense to obligate to watch something you don't like watching. something is really wrong with you sir.
avatar
[DR]
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 201
Age : 29
Location : In The Shadows
Registration date : 2008-01-23

http://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10051425

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  Chumara on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:31 pm

This is why I've seen 5 series/ova's of Da Capo and 4 of To Heart, I dunno why I always feel obligated to watch sequels. Also the only reason I'm watching Arakawa season 2 as well right now.

_________________

When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart.
avatar
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1802
Age : 30
Location : Tempe, Arizona
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  TI83 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:54 am

to be fair arakawa is great this season imo.(focusing on the love story in this show i know wierd)... and to love ru was my first dedicated fan service show/ best show ever. no matter how terrible it is i get exactly what i expected and i apreaciate that
avatar
TI83
Tsundere

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  Ryuuka on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:45 am

Hell yeah
avatar
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 618
Location : behind the scenes
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  [DR] on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:09 am

This season is definitely taking a similar pace to Season 1. First half all being fun and games, as a side to getting to know the character(s). Then followed by action and an actual plot taking place to wrap up. When SnO gets serious, it's one of the better shows out there.
avatar
[DR]
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 201
Age : 29
Location : In The Shadows
Registration date : 2008-01-23

http://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10051425

Back to top Go down

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum