Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead Empty Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:58 pm

"The story of "love, magic, and battles" revolves around Akuto Sai, a boy who aims to become part of his country's highest order of magicians and contribute to society. On the day he is admitted into the Constant Magical Academy, his aptitude test predicts the following: "Future Occupation … Devil King." Thus begins his difficult school life in which he is resented by his studious female class head, desired by a girl with mysterious powers, and guarded by a beautiful female android." -ANN

I actually liked the first episode and wouldn't mind following this show. They're not going to win any awards with what they have to work with, but taking it at face value I find it's pretty good actually. Jokes are decent, decent art, non-excessive fanservice, questionable censorship, solid voice cast, Shana director, blah blah blah.

It seems this show is going to be a lot about how poor communication kills with much of what Ken Sai says being interpreted as standard maou behavior. I must admit though, it was much less fanservicey (at least for now) than the preview led me to believe (this is good mind you).

Last edited by Tekkaman Calamity on Sun May 22, 2011 5:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead Empty Re: Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead

Post  Chumara Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:48 am

Wow.... well I only watched this 'cause it was on Crunchyroll and I was bored out of my mind but it was ok... Out of the 4 new shows I've seen it was probably the least-good one (I don't wanna call it bad). I agree with your predictions Thahn but I do hope eventually he does make amends with the class prez. Of course I think the character introduction pacing on the first episode was a bit too speedy but maybe there's plenty of material?
Till next week, but luckily the season quality has been showing promise thus far.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead Empty Re: Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:23 pm

A fun episode with the robot, though the ED ruins the mood of the second episode. I mean there's Fujiko being all evil and then cut to the ED where she's smooching Ken Sai for a minute and a half.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:50 pm

Yeah that was a fun episode, totally predictable with Fujiko though. I'd write more on it but I feel like crap and can't think of anything to write.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:18 am

Ok so, in episode 3 we meet the student council yada yada whatever chicks, either way....
on ANN Ruri Shiraishi is noted to be voiced by Ryou Hirohashi.......whatever...
I'd bet some amount of money that for this intro episode for her character they used Aoi Yuki to do her voice because, not only is she in the cast voicing Korone in the first place, but Ruri sounded EXACTLY like Mina Tepes from Dance in the Vampire Bund and Aoi Yuki voices her. The mannerism in her voice as she ends sentences sounds JUST like Mina, it's so similar it's bugging me.
Anyways yeah good episode, I liked seeing Akuto using his powers hardcore.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:44 am

Yeah, Ken Sai being in Demon King mode was pretty cool, though it does seem drastically out of character since my initial impressions was that he's the kind of guy that wouldn't hurt people outside of accidentally blowing them up. Maybe getting hit in the back of the head let his demon influence takeover or something and noticing Junko snapped him out of it. Though, this show is a lot bloodier and violent than I thought it'd be, much to my approval.

I'm also enjoying that Kena actually has intelligence, rather than being the brain dead genki girl.

I was both disturbed and turned on when Fujiko was jacking off after the first fight; damn it Shizuka Itou is awesome, it must be the experience from voicing all those eroges. I admit I enjoyed the end more than I probably should have when she's hoisted by her own petard.

Probably my only gripe was during the mob attack, not one person was carrying a bat with nails in it.

Last edited by Tekkaman Calamity on Sun May 22, 2011 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:26 pm

Why would they do this, now how am I supposed to cut time in my writing by referring to everyone by their color?
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Just call it pantsu-on-face green and robo green
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  roleplayfever Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:19 pm

I like ninja green and robo green myself.
roleplayfever
roleplayfever
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-01-23

https://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=782804077

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:07 pm

Man, ep 5 was great. The harem is established, Sai became the Demon King (kinda), and Lily finally did something. Also, the dragon is great; it spits drills and I'm pretty sure George is voicing him.

Reading the preview, it looks like a beach episode next.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun May 02, 2010 6:13 pm

This episode was annoying me cause I can't really take this show to be very deep plot-wise but as it progressed it just became more and more of a mess until the end. I really liked the end, it pushed the show towards the nonchalant attitude that I've enjoyed it for thus far.
I also liked that Lily got some quality screen time with some good action, but what I don't get is that if they're going to have Ryou Hirohashi voice her and have her sound like Mina Tepes from Dance in the Vampire Bund, then why not just switch character's voices with Korone, I mean seriously Aoi Yuki is RIGHT THERE, just use her!
I'm definitely looking forward to this show more due to how this episode ended though.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun May 02, 2010 7:13 pm

Chumara wrote:This episode was annoying me cause I can't really take this show to be very deep plot-wise but as it progressed it just became more and more of a mess until the end. I really liked the end, it pushed the show towards the nonchalant attitude that I've enjoyed it for thus far.
I also liked that Lily got some quality screen time with some good action, but what I don't get is that if they're going to have Ryou Hirohashi voice her and have her sound like Mina Tepes from Dance in the Vampire Bund, then why not just switch character's voices with Korone, I mean seriously Aoi Yuki is RIGHT THERE, just use her!
I'm definitely looking forward to this show more due to how this episode ended though.

When I took a look at the PV, I knew I wasn't sticking around for the plot so much as for me to make comparisons between Sai and other Maous.

As for Lily, maybe Aoi threatened to walk if she had to do two roles (Korone seems to be pretty much going to be in every ep, so since there's no risk to her paycheck. Maybe she doesn't want to work more than she needs to).
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri May 07, 2010 7:13 pm

Six was... wow.

Last edited by Tekkaman Calamity on Sun May 22, 2011 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat May 08, 2010 4:29 am

Me, Jason and Andrew LOL'ed hard at this episode. Ridiculous. Aoi Yuki did a good job this episode.
Speaking of good voice actresses, where's my Noto this season?
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat May 08, 2010 8:50 am

Chumara wrote:Me, Jason and Andrew LOL'ed hard at this episode. Ridiculous. Aoi Yuki did a good job this episode.
Speaking of good voice actresses, where's my Noto this season?

B Gata H Kei.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat May 08, 2010 3:08 pm

God I love that show so much. I'm pretty sure that the char that Noto voices in it is the main guy's older sister, it's really a different voice for her.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat May 08, 2010 3:35 pm

Chumara wrote:God I love that show so much. I'm pretty sure that the char that Noto voices in it is the main guy's older sister, it's really a different voice for her.

It is, to both regards.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuuka Fri May 14, 2010 11:29 am

WTF Gainax did this episode?

...No they actually didn't, but it looks like it.
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat May 15, 2010 12:46 am

Ryuuka wrote:WTF Gainax did this episode?

...No they actually didn't, but it looks like it.

So I wonder if they have money left over for the remaining half of the show.

I'm still wondering how Sai got all those muscles.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat May 15, 2010 1:16 am

That was pretty funny, I'm quite sure they were just fucking around and having fun this episode cause the storyline for it wasn't gonna fill in 20 minutes.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri May 21, 2010 7:22 pm

And so it would appear Fujiko has been demoted to joke character. How sad.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri May 28, 2010 9:27 pm

Suddenly ninjas...

Three episodes left I don't know where they're going with this thing, not to say I'm not amused by it. Though, needs more Lily.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat May 29, 2010 1:19 am

This show flies around faster than a moth trying to find its way into the light, so I can't really go into much detail about this show, so I'll just mention 2 things:
1. This show is ballin' Sai just busts out crazy shit and we don't care why he can do it.
2. Junko stands up in bath, no censor, sits back down, Junko stands up again in bath, censored, WTF?
Yeah this show needs more time I think.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat May 29, 2010 11:06 am

Chumara wrote:2. Junko stands up in bath, no censor, sits back down, Junko stands up again in bath, censored, WTF?

I found that part odd as well.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:46 pm

Well Lilly had a larger screen time than usual... wooo?

Despite everything, not many important things actually happened in 11. Green #2 probably could've done with something other than a robot ending, all well it ties the thread. I don't know, this just didn't wow me, probably needed more ninjas.

Well one left.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next