Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Calamity's Random Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Calamity's Random Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Calamity's Random Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Calamity's Random Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Calamity's Random Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Calamity's Random Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Calamity's Random Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Calamity's Random Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Calamity's Random Manga Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Calamity's Random Manga Thread

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Calamity's Random Manga Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Calamity's Random Manga Thread

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:17 pm

With basically nothing out today, I took a look at Steins;Gate (not the prequel). Time travel.... well I've been dealing with nothing but parallel worlds lately so this is a welcome change. With one chapter so far, looks pretty okay.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Calamity's Random Manga Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Calamity's Random Manga Thread

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:14 pm

Oldies:
Railgun - Uneventful, but keeps it stringing along to Accelerator. Though I wonder what they'll replace that event with.

Amagami - There were more than two chapters of Love Goes On!? Guess the honeymoon is over.

New:

Aquarion - Decided to take a look since I saw the show, which I mainly remember for its visuals, OP and combination scenes, though it did get pretty gay when the mech was piloted only by men. Oh right the manga... it was pretty okay. The cast will probably get an Assault Aquarion or something, since I don't see em working the main Aquarion.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Combat Butler: I'm starting to think the point Butler is trying to drive in is that adults are crazy or something.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:48 pm

Bah, NEEDLESS is back to flashbacks. Wouldn't have minded more Blade vs Saten.

New stuff:

Took a look at Gundam Sousei the (highly fictional) story of the creation of the Gundam series. Worth a few chuckles at least.

Tried to read Pandora Hearts but I keep getting distracted from finishing the first chapter. I'll give it yet another go.

Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:32 am

HoTD:
I guess status quo is God in HoTD and I suppose that's one way to end a love triangle, though honestly I did not think things would go that way. Probably why I like reading this series so much.

But hey, they got to the police station. So it'll only be another two months before we delve into a Rei story.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:58 pm

And Highschool of the Dead got licensed, wonder what took so bloody long. Did people think this thing had no readership? Anyways, I'll miss the Xamayon scans, but this is one thing I might be willing to actually pry open my wallet for if I find it in the book shelves.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:29 pm

New stuff:
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: It's a story about friends; specifically it's a slice of life comedy. An adaption of the light novels, I found the pilot was pretty funny and the plot basically boils down to club of people who don't have friends.

First volume was out on the 23rd, and a small amount of chapters are done. So, it seems like something that'll be easy for me to keep up with.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:00 pm

Yeah I think I'll stick with BokuTomo. The galge chapter won me over.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:51 pm

Been awhile since a post, mainly because I've been kind of cutting back on literature.

Anyways, I'll make a quick update with NEEDLESS since I'm currently reading BokuTomo. So yeah, NEEDLESS, so far it looks like Strom is going to be the new boss of this arc. My question is, is shota Blade going to fight him or Saten.

Otherwise, I have mixed feelings about this memory arc.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:37 pm

Holy hell, more Seto no Hanayome chapters; I practically forgot about this series. Two more characters and a North Star reference. I R amused.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Alright time for another spotlight of the whenever I feel like picking up something new. Anyways, today is My Name is Zushio. Actually I finished this awhile back and I didn't want to write about NEEDLESS or Amagami for that matter, and I haven't been reading anything else for awhile.

Anyways, back to Zushio. The manga is authored by the guy who works on Seto no Hanayome, except the art is kinda... not as good in comparison. That said, the art is compensated by the comedy. There's not really much of a plot other than an indestructible guy tries to reclaim kingdom to avoid being killed by his sister, and it didn't help that the series got canceled without basically any effort towards a conclusion.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:57 pm

I completely forgot about the HoTD release, curse you bi-monthly release. Ah well, at least it gives the author time to think and work on his... other job.

Anyways, Saeko is now sporting a pistol that's holstered to her thigh. I'd write more, but I'm still recovering from the blood loss.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:13 am

I haven't written anything here in forever, so let's throw in something I haven't written about before in the spotlight.

First on the block, Doubt. Doubt is a heartwarming story of a group of strangers meeting up to play a game and, in the process, forge an everlasting friendship. Admittedly, parts of it were predictable and kind of stupid (too magical at various critical points), but I found it a very good thriller that got me hooked for more.

Second, is Houkago Play. This is a 4koma story about Boy and Girl (these are their names btw) and they... play games all day. That's pretty much it. Probably the most thought provoking manga I've read.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2