Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 2 Empty Re: Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:03 pm

So we've got a genre shift to love comedy... okay. The show also apparently budgeted for a narrator for this arc, though I think this is the first time I've heard George using something other than his default voice (Alucard, Peterhausen, Sol Badguy).

Episode wise, I had some laughs, though Sae still remains unappealing to me. The narration is much more tolerable compared to Ookami, I guess it's all the remarks and not just stating the obvious.

That said, why does this show have a narrator?
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:23 am

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:The narration is much more tolerable compared to Ookami, I guess it's all the remarks and not just stating the obvious.

This is completely true because during the hand on stomach scene where he said "It's Practice" I was definitely thinking about "practice" between Makoto and Sekai in School Days and how eventually Junichi would and should eventually evolve to that type of practice with Sae-chan. The Narrator was definitely not saying what I was thinking there.
I actually don't mind the Narrator though because of the person they chose for it is just much more entertaining to listen to for the role, the problem for Ookami-san is that even though I liked that Seiyuu for Kuroko, I can't really enjoy the voice as a comedic Tsukkomi type dialog being thrown into EVERY OTHER SENTENCE said by the cast.
Time for Seitokai no AWESOME
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:23 pm

This is the first time I've actually really wanted the next episode to come out NOW. I laughed quite a bit in this ep though, good stuff.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:58 am

Here comes the wind-up........ and it's Morishima-Senpai with a surprise hit to left field with her legendary complete-shit-advice move
Damn, they never saw it coming.....
But at least it wasn't a shitty comedy plot device for the episode, luckily he brushed off the idea and the episode progressed splendidly.
Now tell me, how do you "practice" for a couple contest without making it completely erotic?
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Chumara wrote:Here comes the wind-up........ and it's Morishima-Senpai with a surprise hit to left field with her legendary complete-shit-advice move
Damn, they never saw it coming.....
But at least it wasn't a shitty comedy plot device for the episode, luckily he brushed off the idea and the episode progressed splendidly.
Now tell me, how do you "practice" for a couple contest without making it completely erotic?

It should come to no surprise that stupid questions get stupid answers.

Anyways, practicing is easy, just go on fake dates.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:21 pm

Well it's good to see the guy who voiced TK from Angel Beats still getting work.

Uh yeah... this was a fun episode. Full of comedy, English, death by moe and Morishima-senpai. Even though the route didn't excite me, the greater shift to comedy helped to keep me going. Also, unless the fish pound counts, we also went without a weird kissing scene this arc.

Next up, Ai is love Nanasaki. Another kouhai relationship, but I'm actually interested this time.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:21 pm

I was informed that the Sae ending was made up, her best end apparently has her becoming a teen mother. I can see how that was probably a hard sell.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:08 pm

Wait there's 15 girls in this game? DAMN
Anyways........... I KNEW THAT SOFA WOULD TURN INTO A BED
OH
MY
GOD
Seriously though, this show is fantastic, not only for the characters but also because the creators put that extra little thing is every episode that makes it great to watch. This episode not only had the awesome English, but Sae's random clothing choice as well and the SOFA BED. I have to wonder though, the director was English, the credits to the movie were in English, the heroine had blonde hair and blue eyes so she was most likely English yet, the scenes of the movie we saw were spoken in Japanese, tsk tsk.
But really Sae grew on me throughout the arc, and I ended up enjoying it more as a whole than the previous Kaoru arc, but since you mentioned the made up end (which is really less exciting than the real one you stated IMO) I still say she became a teenage mother on that SOFA BED. For being such a "shy" girl, Sae does a lot of strange/slutty things.
Oh well, now onto the poplar girl. I just wanna know when long black hair girl's turn is, her generic hair style and personality is the best.
Lastly, do voice actresses ever think to themselves "We sound SO RETARDED!!!" when they record scenes like the end to this episode?
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:23 pm

Chumara wrote:I just wanna know when long black hair girl's turn is, her generic hair style and personality is the best.

The class rep? She's last.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:25 pm

Huzzah, the ED is back to something that doesn't make me want to tear my ears off.

Well, the Ai route kicks off and it looks like we're returning to normalcy, and by normalcy I mean they apparently fired George.

Anyways, as I previously mentioned, we've got another sempai-kouhai relationship, 'cept this time the female lead doesn't have a problem with timidness. Ai is pretty amusing, what with her teasing and threat of calling the cops. Honestly, her arc was one of the three I was interested in pre-airing and I'm wondering if there'll actually be conflict this time around.

Now that I've said my piece, time to get back to ogling Nanasaki.

Oh and before I forget, imouto arc confirmed.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:24 am

Finally got around to this episode.
So they're doing the pedophile arcs back-to-back eh? Well I dunno if there will be more or not but it's entertaining having Miya bitch to Junichi about him ogling her friends.
I think it's a nice change of pace having the mutual unspoken romantic feeling for each other blossom in the first ep of the arc, at the rate they're going you could be right Thahn, there might be some conflict/resolution and a teen mother endi- errr nvm.
Either way, glad to see the previous girls getting their screentime, this show really has a good director.
About that Imouto arc thing, is that going to be a DVD only special or is it actually going to be aired, and why are they doing an incest route?
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:08 am

Chumara wrote:About that Imouto arc thing, is that going to be a DVD only special or is it actually going to be aired, and why are they doing an incest route?

DVD special. And I don't think it's an actual incest route.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:39 pm

Shows back, YEAH@!!!!! Frak, over the break I starting to go through withdrawal or something. The quacks might say it was a throat infection, but I recovered today so I say it was withdrawal!

Anyways, new OP, and I think I like it better than the first one. It has a nice flow to it.

Otherwise, Jun1 sinks to new depths of sheer stupidity and audacity. I was cracking up so hard during the apology.

The followup with the belt and the finish with Nanasaki's thoughts rounded out the episode nicely and basically finishes the foundation work. I'm guessing the next one or two is going to be about Jun1 falling for Ai or something.

edit: Oh right, there's also that scene where Ayatsuji meets them and stares at Ai. I found it kind of amusing since to me it seemed as though she's going, "Damn it, it's not my turn yet."

edit2: Wow, it took me a moment to notice the Risa (who's the star of the second ova) cameo in the OP. Least I think it's her. Hair looks like hers.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:35 am

Well assuming what you mean by "over the break" is that the show had a week long break, then I guess I can say I didn't even notice since I was busy watching all the new stuff anyways.
New OP: I like the animation for it better, a lil more entertaining I suppose, but I probably won't download the song since it's much less uplifting than the first. I'll probably still watch it in the show though.
This episode went well, as do all the episodes of this show, and yeah I lol'ed at his pool-side apology, genius. Since I guess they're doing some extra material in the show beyond the 6 heroines I wonder if that new library chick will get some screen time. Of course like always I'm amazed at how they manage to fit in all the characters at one point or another into every episode, at this point I wonder if it's because the Seiyuu's want to be in it for more than just 4 episodes or if they're starting to get annoyed from being called in for only a minute of screen time per episode.
Rihoko's arc is gonna be boring
Ayatsuji's arc is gonna be BALLER
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:13 pm

Chumara wrote:Of course like always I'm amazed at how they manage to fit in all the characters at one point or another into every episode, at this point I wonder if it's because the Seiyuu's want to be in it for more than just 4 episodes or if they're starting to get annoyed from being called in for only a minute of screen time per episode.

Dunno, but probably not the latter since they get paid the same whether they talk for half an hour, a minute, or probably just breathe into the mike.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:51 pm

Great episode, though what the hell? That haunted house made no frakkin sense? That said, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't laughing mad at that entire scene though. And I guess the body part for Ai is her finger.

That aside, when the show got back to making sense (dude Kaoru and loli Ayatsuji what) it still held my attention with the relationship taking a significant step. I had thought the pool thing would become a greater source of conflict, but I guess with four episodes, with one needed for the belt joke, something had to give. That part still played out fine though.

While watching I thought, hey wait where's Morishima-senpai then the answer came quickly with the preview.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:47 am

Always a pleasure to watch this show, never ceases to entertain. I liked the haunted house scene, of course they never told us how he became delusional. My theory is the black smoke that came out of the first mummy's mouth was some kind of hallucinogenic. Good relationship progression, and it seems he's making a more serious effort to have her like him... I guess...
On to my personal thoughts of the later dialogue
"(sic)I didn't want you to see me cry"
"But I was happy, SEEING GIRLS CRY FUELS ME!"
then later...
"Are you free right now?"
"What did you say?"
"My parents aren't home IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN"

Anyways, like always, looking forward to next week's episode of A:SS
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:26 am

This is gonna sound redundant relative to all my other Amagami posts, but damn I love this show. I can't even put my finger on exactly what it is, I've seen so many dating sim/eroge adaptation animes but this one just did SOMETHING right. It's not that I can compare it to the game, since I didn't play it, but the director is doing something right. No matter how generic the episode's plot might be there's always something there that makes it more enjoyable that the average dating anime, and I'm always looking forward to the next episode. I suppose it might just be the characters personalities, but it's hard to say that that is the mitigating factor of the entertainment since I've probably seen every plausible type of character that a person in an anime can be at this point. Either way, it's not often that a series of this type can make me wonder how the 20-22 minutes had just passed so quickly. Also the changing ED's for each girl is a nice touch they did for this show, I always appreciate the effort the studios put in to give us that variety. On that note I think this is the only arc where I've watched the ED all 4 times, Surface of the motherfucking POOL.
I can see how Nanasaki is the most poplar character in this show, she's got that personality that otakus love and the show doesn't hold back in portraying that side of her in the slightest. Regardless, I wish they had allocated more of the episode time to be about whatever goes down after the confession, but I suppose all the arcs have been following this time-line trend more or less. Again they managed to get the previous 3 characters some screen time, as well as the next two characters, so those seiyuus are definitely working for their pay.
One thought that came to mind as I watched it is that Junichi's 3rd vision of what could come at the top of the hill seemed A-OK to me, things just get kinky at that point. Also was I the only person who thought it was obvious as all holy hell that she wasn't wearing anything underneath the towel and that she was lying for his sake. Either way, congrats on this show for AGAIN creating a situation that makes the viewer wish he could be in the guy's shoes.
Next up, the only possible arc that could possibly be anything less than awesome. Yes I wrote that line right.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:58 am

I'll save commenting on the show as a whole until its done.

Anyways, the Ai arc was great. Probably because of her nice personality blend of self confidence and some embarrassment, along with her ability to tease the protagonist and take the lead in the relationship. Yukana was excellent in her voicing, and that ED was what I needed after Sae's.

I would've preferred there being more development and emphasis revolving around her being cut from the competition. Heck, if they needed more time they could've cut the amusement park, I mean that part contributed NOTHING other than a legendary ramen scene. That said, I'm still okay how they handled it though.

I wouldn't have minded if they continued with Nanasaki's yandere mode, I think that would've made for some good watching and I'd be lying if I said that didn't turn me on a little.

Regardless, I wish they had allocated more of the episode time to be about whatever goes down after the confession, but I suppose all the arcs have been following this time-line trend more or less.

Apparently nothing really happens, the ending for the show is itself is a combination of the Best end and the Bad end. Basically the best end is the spring confession, but after it years later they're watching fireworks together in their room. The bad end is basically them at the beach with Jun1's head on Ai's lap and she realizes she never stopped loving him. So basically they cut off the fireworks and replaced it with the beach with a more couple oriented dialogue. Honestly, it actually makes sense since the beach was more or less when the love love started.

Again they managed to get the previous 3 characters some screen time, as well as the next two characters, so those seiyuus are definitely working for their pay.

They don't get paid if they don't work, so I think it's more like they're only working for their pay in their respective routes. Otherwise it's just go in, say a couple of lines, and get your paycheck.

Also was I the only person who thought it was obvious as all holy hell that she wasn't wearing anything underneath the towel and that she was lying for his sake.

Not really, since it was obvious considering I could see her tan lines.

Next up, the only possible arc that could possibly be anything less than awesome. Yes I wrote that line right.

I seem to recall you saying that you were always down for some osananajimi. But anyways, her arc certainly seems less appealing considering it's following the Ai arc. Well, on the bright side the Ayatsuji arc is only like a month away.

Last edited by Tekkaman Calamity on Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:07 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
Apparently nothing really happens, the ending for the show is itself is a combination of the Best end and the Bad end. Basically the best end is the spring confession, but after it years later they're watching fireworks together in their room. The bad end is basically them at the beach with Jun1's head on Ai's lap and she realizes she never stopped loving him. So basically they cut off the fireworks and replaced it with the beach with a more couple oriented dialogue. Honestly, it actually makes sense since the beach was more or less when the love love started.

Interesting, so the bad end is a good end anyways? I did think that little transition was weird, but I guess that was their way of saying "And they lived happily forever after".

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
Not really, since it was obvious considering I could see her tan lines.

That's true, but I figured if she was going to bring him to a special place for a special moment, then she would wear a special swimsuit aka. a bikini. Either way it was obvious, but I try and think of a reason to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
I seem to recall you saying that you were always down for some osananajimi. But anyways, her arc certainly seems less appealing considering it's following the Ai arc. Well, on the bright side the Ayatsuji arc is only like a month away.

Yeah, I always like me some osananajimi, but Rihoko's personality doesn't seem very romantic, and one thing I've liked about this show thus far is the girl's ability to be romantic. I can't see Rihoko going up to Jun1 and saying "Watashi wa anata no koto ga SUKI DESUUUUUUUU"
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:37 pm

Chumara wrote:
Tekkaman Calamity wrote:

Interesting, so the bad end is a good end anyways? I did think that little transition was weird, but I guess that was their way of saying "And they lived happily forever after".

I guess at the very end. It's a bad end because they end up on non-speaking terms and thus I guess not a couple by the end of the game.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:27 pm

And so begins the Rihoko route.

As expected, there were a lot of fat jokes in this episode. It was amusing, but hopefully they scale it back before it gets too stale. There's also the matter of her being slow on the uptake. Honestly, I kind of was expecting her to try the fence again when Jun1 dashed off after pulling her out.

Interestingly, probably because of the one-sidedness from the girl's side, Rihoko got a ton of screen time and Jun1 had noticeably less. I'm not sure how I feel about the character, though I'll grant that she's a pretty cute character, but I found the episode was pretty enjoyable.

Closing thoughts: Loli Miya is adorable. Also, the ED doesn't sound like Rihoko is singing it.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:28 am

Kouai sou na ojou-sama
These words from a song from an album I've really been into lately kept playing in my head because of the way the episode started.
Of course, they might as well just call this arc "The dumb-ass arc" for christ sake. But yeah I also noticed how the main character of the episode was Rihoko instead of Jun1, I wonder if it'll stay like this for the whole arc as I do actually think he's not a bad main guy as opposed to many other male leads. Also his Taichou voice is awesome.
Jun1's gonna see a lot of creme bread in his future......
The ED sucks hard
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:43 am

So in comparison to the speed at which Yosuga no Sora is going, this show feels like a painful crawl..... of course it could just be that Rihoko is not an interesting character.
I think if I were to name the first and second episodes the subtitles would be "Dumbass" and "Pushover" respectively. Really nothing to talk about this episode, I mean the only erotic thing I could think of the entire episode was what she should ask for for her "return present", Junichi is such a player.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:12 am

Look on the bright side, only three weeks until the Ayatsuji arc begins.

Anyways, I thought this ep was pretty cute, but not that much happens. Well, oddly enough like a week or something got skipped in the show and we've got the Founder's Day festival.

At least they dropped the fat jokes, which would've gotten real old real fast, though it makes me wonder if Rihoko actually remembers that she's on a diet. The preview suggests this, but well that's the pv.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next