Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Winter 2024
SRW the Inspectors: Real Men Ride Eachother! EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
SRW the Inspectors: Real Men Ride Eachother! EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
SRW the Inspectors: Real Men Ride Eachother! EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
SRW the Inspectors: Real Men Ride Eachother! EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
SRW the Inspectors: Real Men Ride Eachother! EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
SRW the Inspectors: Real Men Ride Eachother! EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
SRW the Inspectors: Real Men Ride Eachother! EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
SRW the Inspectors: Real Men Ride Eachother! EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2022
SRW the Inspectors: Real Men Ride Eachother! EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 9:21 pm by Chumara

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

SRW the Inspectors: Real Men Ride Eachother!

2 posters

Go down

SRW the Inspectors: Real Men Ride Eachother! Empty SRW the Inspectors: Real Men Ride Eachother!

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:42 pm

Thrudgelmir, you're a dozen stages early. Angelg you're 99% of three stages late. Probably has to do with evil Kyousuke and Axel hogging the first five minutes of the show.

Okay so ANN says this thing is slated for 13 and MAL says 26, I can see it MAYBE working with 26 but not 13. Judging from ep one there will be four antagonist factions, which both leaves me pleased and horrifyingly concerned (DW had 25 episodes and two antagonist factions and they couldn't do anything right).

With the plot, uh... you kinda have to know things about the setting and characters, and they try to recap with info dumps.

The art has vastly improved from DW, and they've done away with CGs altogether. Whether this mean the eps going on are going to suffer from budget is open for speculation, but I HATED the CG from the first one so I really can't help but heap praises for trashing them.

Overall, DW basically set the bar as horrifying low as it could go with animation and story, so really unless the director gets drunk during production (which I'm not going to rule out considering he was in charge of Prism Ark) then anything would probably be hailed as a masterpiece compared to its predecessor.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

SRW the Inspectors: Real Men Ride Eachother! Empty Re: SRW the Inspectors: Real Men Ride Eachother!

Post  [DR] Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:15 pm

It was an enjoyable Ep1. If the start means anything, it will be interesting if the ATX takes a larger portion of the spotlight in comparison to DW, because there really wasn't a focus on them there. More or less they were part of the fight but offset to take care of the less important enemies.
[DR]
[DR]
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-01-23

https://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10051425

Back to top Go down

SRW the Inspectors: Real Men Ride Eachother! Empty Re: SRW the Inspectors: Real Men Ride Eachother!

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:47 pm

[DR] wrote:It was an enjoyable Ep1. If the start means anything, it will be interesting if the ATX takes a larger portion of the spotlight in comparison to DW, because there really wasn't a focus on them there. More or less they were part of the fight but offset to take care of the less important enemies.

Well... that was probably because the elements of OG1 was more revolved around the SRX team. Ryusei was the standard fall into the cockpit protagonist, Misaki and the Cybuster tagged with them, Ingram was the SRX leader, and Levi was Aya's sister. Honestly, from what I remember the ATX plot wasn't critical to the overall story (except for killing the leader of the colonies) in comparison to the SRX (Antarctica and Zoldark). Plus... you know... the SRX team had the giant combination robot.

But yeah, the ATX team should be getting more love for TI, probably because Kyosuke got so much focus on OG2.

Side note: It took me a moment to realize that Crunchy Roll changed Bullet's name to Brit.

Last edited by Tekkaman Calamity on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  [DR] Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:03 pm

As long as they don't make this 50 episodes by dragging on the plot, I don't think I'll have a problem with OG2.

Also to add. The camera angles during combat very much reminded me of GL all over again except with a different art style, obviously.
[DR]
[DR]
Zashiki Warashi

Back to top Go down

Post  [DR] Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:03 am

Wow just wow. OG2 takes place 6 months after L5 and yet Ryuusei looks like he's aged 5~10 years, Aya appears to have gotten implants in the meantime and Raidese looks more like he belongs in a Shoujo than he did before..
Totally butchered the character models from Divine Wars.
[DR]
[DR]
Zashiki Warashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:24 pm

[DR] wrote:Wow just wow. OG2 takes place 6 months after L5 and yet Ryuusei looks like he's aged 5~10 years, Aya appears to have gotten implants in the meantime and Raidese looks more like he belongs in a Shoujo than he did before..
Totally butchered the character models from Divine Wars.

I think Seolla's breasts shrunk from the OVA.

edit: NM, they're about right.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:25 pm

GESPENSTO KIIICKU!

I wonder if a mike was broken during the recording.

At this point, I don't know how the show can top that.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum