SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Introductions!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Introductions!!

Post  zenithyoda on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:08 am

Hi all

My name is Aude (Aw-day). I was the founder and President of the Anime Club/Japanese Media Society.
I graduated ASU in May, ad truthfully have not had that much time to show up to the meetings. However, I am gonna try real hard, but I can't make any promises.

My favorite anime and manga are Bleach and Naruto currently. I however love all sorts of Shonen and Shojo Smile

zenithyoda
Loli

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-12-29

http://zenithyoda.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Introductions!!

Post  Ryuuka on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:15 pm

Hi my name is Brian. I don't even go to ASU atm, but I occasionally project myself into the MU to play Guilty Gear. I have spent over 43 days of my life watching anime (not counting DBZ, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, and rewatches). I am generally open-minded when it comes to picking up a series, and I watch stuff in all genres and age groups. I'll usually sample or pick up a series if I find even one thing interesting about it (which is less often than you may think).

Oh yes, and I also believe that it's entirely possible to be a hardcore fan of something without going to conventions, cosplaying, or whatever else.

Last edited by on Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  saki_senpai on Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:31 pm

Hey, I'm Sandra. I'm an friend/associate of officials of JMS. I usually hang out or listening to the Anime Pulse podcast in the MU's Sparky's Den. I like lighthearted, slice-of-life, comedic seinen (older than shonen) anime. I'm currently into Minami-ke, Bamboo Blade and Potemayo. However, I am willingly to sample everything that JMS has to offer. Due to juggling work, school, family duties and commuting from north phoenix to tempe, I barely attend the meetings, but I'm trying my best.
saki_senpai
Loli

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-01-24

http://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10054138

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity on Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:42 pm

Greetings, I'm Thanh. I'm an associate of the JMS officials. You can usually find me in the MU (except when I'm away on Mondays and Wednesdays) at the den, probably playing guilty gear. I'm pretty tolerable when it comes to anime, having not hung myself after watching stuff like HiMM and Seed Destiny, so I'm pretty open to new shows.

1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1740

Back to top Go down

Post  Additional_Pylons on Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:04 pm

Hi. My name is Gabe, and I've been an alcoholic for 20 years now.

....Wait. Wrong group.

Anyhow, I'm your official 'Event Coordinator'. You can usually find me in the Architecture building or in the MU.
Got any outing ideas? Party ideas? Send em my way and I'll make em happen.
I'm also a pretty good DJ.
Additional_Pylons

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Japanda on Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:45 pm

hello, Zuko here
actually my name is Robbie, and i dont really go to the JMS meetings often. If you do see me ill usually be with my other half. hmm.....I like to rave, breakdance, and talk long walks on the beach(cause im from cali). Oh yea, im the one who burned down the Mu. Apparently i didnt know firebending would do so much damage. Oh well, catch you guys later!
Japanda
Tsundere

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  angrias on Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:43 am

AH HA! So you're the infamous Robbie... because your avatar totally helps me picture you.

Ah, I feel like I've done this before... but as you'll find out, I'm very forgetful... ugh but here we go.
I'm Anie, yes its Annie spelled with one "n"... No, its not a typo. Yes, I'm sure!

I've been a member of JMS for a while, but very ninja like until like last fall when I actually had Thursday afternoons free. But I'm usually around now, hiding behind a laptop. I'm really into cosplay and costuming, I love conventions so if you guys have ideas for group cosplay, need advice, or just want to laugh at some wardrobe malfunction pictures online feel free to send me a PM, email, or poke me in the forehead sometime.

My favorite drink is orange juice unless its soda, then its Dr. Pepper all the way. I hate cottage cheese, and I'm allergic to sunscreen. I work two jobs and take 18 credit hours to I'm always super busy and VERY forgetful, so if I don't remember who you are for the first ... 4 or 5 encounters don't be alarmed, it'll sink in eventually.
angrias

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-01-23

http://www.plaidfusion.biz

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinimegami23 on Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:49 pm

Hi, I'm Sophie,

Finally this semester I made sure my schedule worked around the group, so I can be at the meetings for the whole time. I don't know as much about anime as most other people in the club, but I am trying to learn. It's Dan's fault I got involved, so I don't really know anyone else. I am willing to try watching any anime once. I am taking Japanese classes and its exciting because I am actually starting to be able to understand what the people are saying sometimes without the subtitles. I am also very dedicated to the four martial arts I do (all of them happen to be Japanese), so I am very busy too. I look forward to getting to know everyone over the semester.
Shinimegami23
Tsundere

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarayaki on Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:58 pm

オス!

I'm Tara. I'm actually an ASU East student who commutes to tempe campus just for JMS, and my friends, of course. I've been watching anime since i was in diapers. Lately I've been really into Jdorama- so if you're interested in that stuff I have plenty to share. I'm also a Japanese music encyclopedia, so I'm always willing to share new stuff that's coming out in Japan, but I like jpop/jhiphop better than rock, so most of my music falls into those categories. Umm, I do like cosplaying, but i can't even sew buttons, so I'll only cosplay if i can put it together from already made stuff or buy it online. Cheating, i know, but i don't compete. I'm an aspiring Japanese snack foods chef, so maybe sometime i'll have to make something for club. I'm also currently working on my first manga, so maybe if i finish some pages before school is out i'll bring it to club. Anyways, I'd like to get to know everyone in the club better, so you can approach me if you want. I'm usually sitting with my boyfriend, Alex. He's the tall one who looks like a white Japanese boy XD!! or shaggy.
Tarayaki
Loli

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-01-27

http://wingheart.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Drift on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:41 pm

Hajimemashite.

I am Matt. Your vice president. I currently go to ASU main, major is computer information systems. I enjoy various things including anime/manga (of course), drifting (hence my name), MMO/RPG, RTS, FPS type gaming, trance music, and more. Too many to list.

Think that's all I need to say at the moment. Although for some reason, you will see me be a little more enthusiastic about a word that most people wouldn't.....

SHORYUKEN!
Drift
Loli

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Additional_Pylons on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:52 pm

Drift wrote:Hajimemashite.

I am Matt. Your vice president. I currently go to ASU main, major is computer information systems. I enjoy various things including anime/manga (of course), drifting (hence my name), MMO/RPG, RTS, FPS type gaming, trance music, and more. Too many to list.

Think that's all I need to say at the moment. Although for some reason, you will see me be a little more enthusiastic about a word that most people wouldn't.....

SHORYUKEN!

in b4 gundam seed
Additional_Pylons

Back to top Go down

Post  roleplayfever on Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:54 am

你好
My name is Aaron, its my first year (in before new fag) at ASU. I'm an anthropology major, I was in the marching band last semester/pep band this semester, and I'm also starting to learn Chinese (blame Hsien-ko). I like playing video-games, but mostly rpgs (currently star ocean III), and I started watching anime almost religiously a couple of years ago (thankfully youtube and crunchyroll were still user friendly) and as a result I have watched a variety of both new and old series. I like to cosplay, but I only went as two characters so far. I did my best last semester to try and attend the meetings, but alas someones fire-bending left me bored for a couple months. Not that anyone cares but I can usually be found at a table outside the student services building, in case anyone wants to tell me off.
roleplayfever
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 151

http://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=782804077

Back to top Go down

Post  WildKard on Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:43 am

Yo, name's Alex! I'm the Treasurer (former Treasurer/Secretary) of JMS. This is my last semester at ASU, sadly enough Crying or Very sad So, I'm trying as hard as I can to make JMS as awesome as it can be during my limited time as an officer.

I'm a psychology major and I plan to have a career in therapy and/or counseling. Don't worry, I can't read minds...>_> I liked watching anime a bit as a kid, mostly through Toonami, but my true awakening as a fan was when I was introduced to Naruto by my girlfriend, Tara (aka Tarayaki). That series showed me the wonder of the internet and its useful "tools" of anime-obtaining. I occasionally pop down to Sparky's between my two classes Mondays and Wednesdays around noon or whenever I feel like showing up.

I love anime and gaming as my hobbies, but I'm a tad picky. I usually don't mind watching most series, but there are only certain kinds of shows I will take the time to watch on my own. These include Ghost in the Shell, Hellsing Ultimate, Ghost Hunt, Paranoia Agent, Guardian of the Sacred Spirit (Serei no Moribito), and Black Lagoon. I tend to enjoy more complex, thought-provoking storylines with complex characters, although darker worlds like those in Hellsing and Black Lagoon attract my attention as well. This probably explains my love for Death Note. I've cosplayed three times that I can remember, twice as Light and once as L. I've been told sometimes I actually look like Light. If only I was as cool, lol!

Anyways, I'm easy to approach generally, so don't be afraid to chat with me if you wish!
WildKard

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  GameSage on Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:07 pm

Yosh!

Eh...well, best to get this over with.
Name's Riley, and I like manga and japanese cluture overall. I do watch anime but usually prefer manga over it (with exceptions of course). I also like to draw and manga/anime happens to be one of my favorite/easiest things to draw.
It's my first year here at ASU and it doesn't help that I have trouble socializing. Although I like mostly everyone in the club so far. (Firepants gave me a nickname...forgot it, but he'll remind me enough to were I'll remember, I'm sure)
I think that my favorite manga series are probably Dragon Ball (but I like a lot of series created by Akira Toriyama), Jing King of Bandits, and Death Note.
VideoGames: Love 'em. I'll try any video game at least once before I give judgement on it. I'm currently playing Devil May Cry 4...and wish I had a wii.
I like to go to Sparky's den when I can and if I'm there I'll probably be on DDR or Capcom vs SNK (love street fighter)
...and...uh...i think that's it.
GameSage
Yandere

Number of posts : 115

http://www.gamesage.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaelessin on Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:33 pm

Konbanwa! I'm Nathaniel (i go by the whole thing for two reasons: first 'casuse it's my given name and i like the fact that nearly no one actually goes by it 'cept me and like 5 others worldwider lol jk and second becasue it's fun to make people pronounce 3 syllables everytime they want my attention >Smile 'course that means i get called nat, nathan, or even Hursh a lot . . .meh w/e right?

I went to several meetings last semester and went to the halloween party we had but unfortunately my Distributed Software class lands in the middle of meeting times Sad( this semester so I'll be a ghost at best for the time being.

Shinimegami23 wrote:I am also very dedicated to the four martial arts I do (all of them happen to be Japanese), so I am very busy too. I look forward to getting to know everyone over the semester.

Hey I do Shinkedno and love it! what arts do you practice?

Last edited by on Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kaelessin
Loli

Number of posts : 16
Location : Right behind you wating to scare the living daylights out of you

http://www.public.asu.edu/~nhursh

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinimegami23 on Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:16 pm

ええと、my main focus is Aiki Jujitsu, and I am a member of the ASU Aiki Jujitsu club, I did Judo for a semester when I was at NAU, I do kokondo here at ASU as well, when I am visiting my home in Tucson, I have a Shiden'issen Jujutsu group that I work with (they combine iajutsu, kenjutsu and jujutsu into their practices) and I have just started working with an aikido group this semester as well.

If anyone wants more information on any of these groups, please talk to me, we are always looking for people that are interested. Or, they have websites if you want to look at them.
ASU Aiki Jujitsu club : http://asujujitsu.org.
Kokondo: http://www.public.asu.edu/~awcummin/kokondo/kokondo.html
Aikido: http://www.aikiaz.com/Home_Page.html This one is still under construction...
and I don't know about any Tucsonites, but here is the Martial Arts of Tucson Website: http://martialartsoftucson.com/

More info than you wanted, huh?
Shinimegami23
Tsundere

Back to top Go down

Post  Additional_Pylons on Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:38 pm

Ive been practicing Capoeira for a few years now, did Tae Kwon Do a few years back.
Additional_Pylons

Back to top Go down

Post  SheikAVC on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:22 am

Hello, I'm Andrea and I been going to the JMS since. . .wow, been a long time, probably within the first semester it started. My schedule usually fit around so I can come in at 3pm but this semester I have class till 4:30, so in short, I'm the shy hispanic girl that comes in around 4:30 this semester. Other then loving anime, I'm also into video games (Nintendo specifically), and playing MMORPGs. The kind of games I usually get are adventure, RPG, or fighting. I'm super excited about SSBB coming in less then a month now.

Other hobbies that I love to draw. I'm not the best but I try anyways, but anything in design overall I'm into. I guess thats no surprise since I'm a Design Management major. I still got a year left, maybe year and a half more. So JMS is always something I look forward each semester. Recently I been into cosplaying and like any other newbie I'm still not all great with it. So if anyone willing to give some tips, that would be awesome. I usually come to the Sparky den around 4:30pm-6ish on Wednesday, any other time of the week is random, but I sit in the same spot, against the wall where the pool tables are. So if you see me around, say Hi. I always need the company. ^_^
SheikAVC
Loli

http://sheikavc.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Additional_Pylons on Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:14 pm

SheikAVC wrote:Hello, I'm Andrea and I been going to the JMS since. . .wow, been a long time, probably within the first semester it started. My schedule usually fit around so I can come in at 3pm but this semester I have class till 4:30, so in short, I'm the shy hispanic girl that comes in around 4:30 this semester. Other then loving anime, I'm also into video games (Nintendo specifically), and playing MMORPGs. The kind of games I usually get are adventure, RPG, or fighting. I'm super excited about SSBB coming in less then a month now.

Other hobbies that I love to draw. I'm not the best but I try anyways, but anything in design overall I'm into. I guess thats no surprise since I'm a Design Management major. I still got a year left, maybe year and a half more. So JMS is always something I look forward each semester. Recently I been into cosplaying and like any other newbie I'm still not all great with it. So if anyone willing to give some tips, that would be awesome. I usually come to the Sparky den around 4:30pm-6ish on Wednesday, any other time of the week is random, but I sit in the same spot, against the wall where the pool tables are. So if you see me around, say Hi. I always need the company. ^_^

Delayed. Again. I cant wait till march ;_;
SAKURAAAAIIIIII!!!!!
Additional_Pylons

Back to top Go down

Post  Kylsarns on Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:27 am

*shrug*

I'm Pearly...yes that is my real name and if anyone tells you otherwise their lying. Especially if you hear it from Dan-Faye.... silent
Anyway I'm usually quiet and like my personal space but I'm usually the one sitting by all the officers near the projector with glasses and long black hair tied up, it's really not that hard to recognize me. You'll find me hanging out down at the MU most of the time and I don't bite so come and say hi I suppose.
Kylsarns
Loli

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  WildKard on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:47 pm

Kylsarns wrote:*shrug*

I'm Pearly...yes that is my real name and if anyone tells you otherwise their lying. Especially if you hear it from Dan-Faye.... silent
Anyway I'm usually quiet and like my personal space but I'm usually the one sitting by all the officers near the projector with glasses and long black hair tied up, it's really not that hard to recognize me. You'll find me hanging out down at the MU most of the time and I don't bite so come and say hi I suppose.

She does bite if you try to take the cookie. Never try to take the cookie. She'll give you Asian rabies. It's like normal rabies except you blow stuff up by shouting IT'S A GUNDAM!
WildKard

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  SheikAVC on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:41 pm

Additional_Pylons wrote:
SheikAVC wrote:Hello, I'm Andrea and I been going to the JMS since. . .wow, been a long time, probably within the first semester it started. My schedule usually fit around so I can come in at 3pm but this semester I have class till 4:30, so in short, I'm the shy hispanic girl that comes in around 4:30 this semester. Other then loving anime, I'm also into video games (Nintendo specifically), and playing MMORPGs. The kind of games I usually get are adventure, RPG, or fighting. I'm super excited about SSBB coming in less then a month now.

Delayed. Again. I cant wait till march ;_;
SAKURAAAAIIIIII!!!!!

Just hold on a little longer o.q It shall come!
I feel sorry for those euros younglings ;_; they won't have it till June.
SheikAVC
Loli

http://sheikavc.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Introductions.......

Post  LoveLess on Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:53 am

so Im a little late for the intros......but yellow everyone! *waves* ^_^ Im "Zuko's" other half (as he calls me) others also know me as colleen, and Im a little lazy right now and so I dont feel like putting up any infos about myself...........thats it bai bai!
LoveLess
Loli

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  angrias on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:31 am

SheikAVC wrote:

oh oh oh! cosplay, awesome! What have you done? I'm around from 1:30-7pm every Thursday, because, while I do have a life I'm a sucker for anime and wasting time (they're my two favorite things) so feel free to bother me anytime. I'm usually sitting upfront somewhere tapping away on the laptop-interwebs. Wink
angrias

Number of posts : 53

http://www.plaidfusion.biz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:08 pm

I came to a few meetings last semester, but work's been piling on and I haven't attended a single meeting since the beginning of this semester.  It's sad, I know, but I don't think anyone's missed me yet. >_>

Ahem~ Hobbies include drawing and video games.  I watch lots of fansubs because I'm poor.  I'm starting to explore the world of manga now that I have a steady income.  I'm currently reading/buying Black Cat and Yotsuba&.  My favorite animes are too many to list...but a few of the the top ones are Neon Genesis Evangelion, Fruits Basket, Slayers (the TV series) and Castle in the Sky.

Last edited by Manusi Tyto on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top