SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Spring 2014: "I finally won't be out of town" season

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Spring 2014: "I finally won't be out of town" season

Post  Chumara on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:29 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
Chumara wrote:Can't wait till next week's episode, followed by the after-credits announcement of season 2 coming later this year.
Or else.

There's like... 6 books.
OR.
ELSE.

So did WIXOSS end? This show...... I don't even........

On the other hand, how was Blade and Soul episode 12 NOT the ending? Episode 13 better just be a 20 minute long hot bath fanservice episode.
Alka Line Count: 13, got some action this time around.

When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart.
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:51 pm

Chumara wrote:
So did WIXOSS end? This show...... I don't even.........

Wiki says wixoss is 2 cours

1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1740

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara on Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:26 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
Chumara wrote:
So did WIXOSS end? This show...... I don't even.........

Wiki says wixoss is 2 cours

Yeah I found out soon after, but god damn, they could've just wrapped it up in 1, this train has derailed too much to warrant an attempt at a sensible ending.

Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity on Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:10 pm

BB:
Holy crap, he invented Hokuto Shinken.

Ahem, well Pleiades died easier than I thought it would.

Also, I think I need to read the novels because my brain is trying to wrap around how captain teef managed to convince a bunch of guys to doom an entire city.

1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:15 am

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:BB:
Also, I think I need to read the novels because my brain is trying to wrap around how captain teef managed to convince a bunch of guys to doom an entire city.

People who think they're fucked anyways I suppose.

So I got some serious Guilty Crown Deja Vu that episode, which isn't a good thing but luckily this show has been a few tiers above GC.

My main question is how the fuck did Rentaro go from "go kill yourself" to Commander, you're saying there was nobody who ranked in-between Rentaro and Gado, and one little order to his squadron got him demoted to the death penalty? Rentaro saying "I'm not as kind as Gado" doesn't seem accurate.

Lastly, no Rentaro, no you did not have Kiritsugu Boss Rabbit Joker Face in mind when you were originally creating your team.

Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:09 am

NGNL in review:

Overpowered characters and plot armor done right. The characters were fun and full of energy, the writing isn't overly complicated or preachy, and the art is outstanding and COLORS. The references were very well done and felt natural as opposed to just being there for the sake of being. The plot may not have been especially complicated, but the show does a hell of a lot of good work with revealing information and then throwing back, showing how it all weaves together. Also, the fan service was also not only tolerable, but part of the plot!

My only real gripe was the deusy resolution with some of the games (even after reading the scenes in the book, they don't make much sense).

9/10. Something feels off, but easily my favorite show of the season.

1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:48 am

Yeah NGNL was definitely the best show this season.

So final episode Alka Line Count is 3. The episode was the 4 main women individually finding their way to a hot spring to get eternal beauty, and compared to the garbage I was watching throughout the series, it was subsequently, the best episode.

Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity on Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:24 pm

I don't know why, but I decided to marathon all of Sidonia.

On the one hand, the less said about everyone's face the better and there's something inhuman about how they move their mouths. On the flip side, the CG fights were pretty good.

The story was lovely, though it could do with less harem elements (meh), and at least never lost sight of being a grim war story.

8/10, will probably watch season 2

1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara on Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:57 pm

Your second sentence summed up my experience watching the first ep, and I didn't continue.
I plan on marathoning Chaika and Soul Eater Not before the new season comes into full swing, so basically by Friday.

Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:02 pm

You are already dead.

Black Bullet in review:

Ahem, BB did not have good pacing. Fights ended incredibly quickly and we just pretty much went from one scene to the next. Also some tragedies lacked impact because well... we didn't spend enough time with them! Other scenes kinda dragged on for awhile with no real point.

It did not have good character writing. A lot of the characters are poorly developed. Most evil characters kinda got off on being evil and didn't exhibit much thinking. Others didn't get any writing at all. WTH was the deal with sunglasses other than just being a body to make their final unit a nice odd number?

It did not have good budgeting.

Yet despite all of these flaws, I loved this show half to death and counted down each week.

I dunno, the whole loli cuteness one moment and then loli abuse the next kept me hooked for more. Also themes of prejudice, revenge, and existentialism. I thought these things were pretty well explored, though they kinda went overboard with the prejudice at times, and there were plenty of times the show drove me into a rage and actually kind of made me care about the main cast.

7/10 would watch a season 2

1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:57 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:You are already dead.

Black Bullet in review:

Ahem, BB did not have good pacing. Fights ended incredibly quickly and we just pretty much went from one scene to the next. Also some tragedies lacked impact because well... we didn't spend enough time with them! Other scenes kinda dragged on for awhile with no real point.

It did not have good character writing. A lot of the characters are poorly developed. Most evil characters kinda got off on being evil and didn't exhibit much thinking. Others didn't get any writing at all. WTH was the deal with sunglasses other than just being a body to make their final unit a nice odd number?

It did not have good budgeting.

Yet despite all of these flaws, I loved this show half to death and counted down each week.

I dunno, the whole loli cuteness one moment and then loli abuse the next kept me hooked for more. Also themes of prejudice, revenge, and existentialism. I thought these things were pretty well explored, though they kinda went overboard with the prejudice at times, and there were plenty of times the show drove me into a rage and actually kind of made me care about the main cast.

7/10 would watch a season 2

So I didn't have much to say, and then the last episode happened, now I do.

For the most part I agree with your review. While the show did some questionable decisions and made me question WTF? sometimes, I have to note that it also touched on things that most other animes just throw to the curb, for instance instead of Kisara just being a "girl who's always been sickly" we are told that she has to go in for Dialysis for a failing Liver. These are all source-material issues though.

On the subject of the pacing, I actually think the first two arcs (Kagetane being bad-guy arc, and Tina's arc) were done relatively well, but yes some fights ended far too quickly. I think I relate this to Freezing in that using the monsters that they have to fight against and the mysteries surrounding them are well used as a pretense for the plot, but as soon as you focus on them the show starts to suffer. I would have rather seen Black Bullet continue with enemies and conflicts revolving around world political issues and backstory revelations (like Kagetane and Rentaro being a part of the mecha-human project thing). Once the Godzilla Aldebaraan arc started, I felt the show took a sharp dive and it lost it's #3 best (new show) slot to Brynhildr, but actually after seeing both last episodes I have to give it to Black Bullet again because that last episode was actually good, and Brynhildr's was comically bad.

On the subject of characterizations, I agree that the characters were all static throughout the show, with the exception of Tina switching sides and LAST EPISODE EVIL-KISARA I KNOW YOU LOVED THE SHIT OUT OF THAT THAHN. That being said, I liked the characters; Rentaro was a likable brotag, the lolis were all great, Kisara and Ojou-sama's rivalry was awesome, and Seitenshi was the white knight lady that would put Harvey Dent to shame.

Aside from the specifics, yes, the prejudice theme was well done and the setting was created pretty well. Also loli island was hilarious in the first episode's end.
All in all, BB brought to light a lot of good usable backstory and decided to ignore it for 8 episodes, but this ending suggests more in the future, and I'll be eagerly waiting.

9/10 (effective 8 on my list)

Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top