Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Fall 2014 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Fall 2014 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Fall 2014 EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Fall 2014 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Fall 2014 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Fall 2014 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Fall 2014 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Fall 2014 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Fall 2014 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Fall 2014

3 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fall 2014 Empty Fall 2014

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:35 pm

Sequels:
Fate UBW: Now with less DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!
Selector Spread Wixoss: My opinion of this series is proportionate to the amount of aki-lucky.
Log Horizon 2: Now with more DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!
Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle: Yes, Chaika!
Psycho-Pass 2: Getting rid of Gen will either smooth out the talky parts or make this fraking suck.

New Stuff:
Terra Formars: Show opens with a cage match against a bear. Sadly I'm sure that's probably the high point, plus 80% will be black screen.
Amagi Brilliant Park: Hey hey, a Kyoani show I'm actually excited for. Never thought I'd live to see this day again.
Madan no Ou to Vanadis: Normally just looking at the book covers would keep me away, but I've heard good things and this has been described to me as Europa Universalis with magic, and how can I say no to that?
Grisaia no Kajutsu: I've heard good things about this VN, so lets see how the anime rolls.
Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de: *Insert obligatory anime is saved*
Trinity Seven: Good casting
Gundam Build Fighters Try: Due to various unforeseen circumstances, I ended up watching season 1. Actually it was pretty good for a merch show and the non-CG mech fights was refreshing.

So bad it's good?:
Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo: Mechs, dragons, princesses, and everyone is voiced by a singer... where do I even start?
Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu: Kampfer 2.0, now with even less budget courtesy of IMS.
Girlfriend (Beta): The selling point is 80+ seiyuus

Possible:
Gundam G no Reconguista: Tomino is writing it
Garo: Honoo no Kokuin: No guarantees but it's on my attention list.
Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete: Yuko Gotou is aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvveeeeee!

5 old + 13 new = 18 shows, WTF!
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Fall 2014 Empty Re: Fall 2014

Post  Chumara Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:29 am

It seems Thahn beat me to it, but I actually just kept forgetting to do this, but now that Terraformars is already out (and god I was done with it 15 minutes in) I suppose I should get this done.

Sequels
Selector Spread WIXOSS - The fact that I might actually be more excited for this than anything else is an indicator of how bad this season might ACTUALLY be.

Log Horizon 2 - One of two great shows that's most likely going to get shit on for the sequel. There is nobody I'd hate more than DEEN to take over this show (yes, even more than Gonzo) and it fucking happened. I thought the first season was amazing, and I've been excited for this, but now I'm not so sure. My only hope is that whatever team worked on Sakura Trick fills these shoes, since at the very least that show's animation was good.

Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle - I watched the first cour near the end of it's season, and I actually liked it quite a bit, the bonus here is that the production studio isn't changing!

Psycho-pass 2 - So Gen isn't writing, but planning and editing? I'm not sure how far removed he is in relation to season 1, but I thought season 1 was great. I'm more worried about Tatsunoko at the helm. I mean what is Production IG even doing this season besides continuing Ace of Diamond? Do they have a secret project in the works or something? I always wanted a movie to close out this series, but unfortunately we're getting an entire season which is just too much time that they could possibly fuck everything up. Let's pray for success.

New Titles
Denki-gai no Honya-san - I don't like the writer or director, but I want to know what "Seinen Romantic Comedy" means, it might not last long on my list.

Danna ga Nani wo Itteiruka Wakaranai Ken - I'm actually going to only watch this if it's 10 minutes or less.

Amagi Brilliant Park - I'm glad Kyoto is going back to possible moe stuff. Yes, if it's Kyoto, I welcome the moe.

Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete - If not just for the director, I feel like feel has been doing better (teehee) in their recent projects. I guess it's a new writer, but I'm not one to shut down the possibility for talent to come from the woodworks. This could be the hit romance drama of the season, or end up as a shitty harem, let's pray for the former.

Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works - I'm obviously watching, with the added fact that this will be the most beautiful anime to-date once it airs.

Grisaia no Kajutsu - This is probably not going to be the hit romance, but it's still a show I'll watch any day. The director did one of my recent favorite slice-of-life shows Kiniro Mosaic, but this isn't going to be anything like that. The writer seems to have a lot of ecchi romance shows under his belt, so at the very least it has a good chance at being entertaining. The OP done by Kurosaki Maon and ED done by the singer from fripside is really catching my attention more than anything else though.

Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji - I like the premise in that the heroine tries to cover a lie by making a guy her boyfriend, but depending on just HOW sadistic he is with her, I may drop this.

Ai Tenchi Muyou! - WHAT?!?!?!? I literally have not heard about this happening, fuck yeah I'll watch my childhood hero get surrounded by bitches.

Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de - Let's do this Trigger, I DARE you to try and top Kill la Kill.

Akatsuki no Yona - I'm guessing this is my only real decent possibility for a shoujo series, doesn't sound half bad either, won't be hard to top Ao Haru Ride.

Trinity Seven - Ok I give up, we're just going to have a bunch of school battle shows. None of them will be as good as Mahouka, but they can try.

Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu - My I like watching Horror anime, because I like to see in what ways they try to make something "scary". Maybe these shows scare Japanese people, but so far a lot of them have been just comedic. Aside from that, we have Madhouse which has just been very interesting to watch as of late going from the worst show of the year Magic Battle Based: Mahou Sensou to the best show of the year so-far Fantasy-Game-Puzzle: No Game No Life, on to another Magic Battle show and contender for show of the year: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei all the while giving us an average-at-best slice of life in Hanayamata. I don't know where Madhouse is going, but I want to see more, and of course we get Aya Hirano back after how many years? If this show tries to use distorted images as a source of horror, I'll be really put-off, and as for the ED by Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas....... they JUST released their latest album which had two songs so far as openings for Brynhildr and Sengoku Basara, so I guess they're REALLY trying to sell this album through anime. I have the album, so I'm curious which song they'll use for this ED.

Shirobako - After the anime-forum shit storm that Glasslip generated, I'm curious how PA Works will handle this project. How much symbolism will be stuffed into this show?

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - This could be the most hit or miss show of the season for me, it's A-1 so I want to believe. Part of me wants to put this in the below section though.

Girlfriend (Beta) - I don't get it, I don't get any of what this is or how it's going to happen, but it's Silver Link doing something big and most likely throwing all of their money plus 2 mortgages into. GET YOUR GUNS ON!

Yuuki Yuna wa Yuusha de Aru - "supernatural school fighting comedy" Whatever, the director did Jinrui wa Suitaishimashita and the writer wrote 4 shows that I could potentially hold in my top 25 anime ever made, including the aforementioned.

Possibilities down the road
Garo: Honoo no Gakuin - I don't like anything I'm reading, but the writer's history is solid and Mappa coming out of Zenkyou no terror piques my interest. I'll wait to hear how this shapes up before I jump on-board.

Madan no Ou to Vanadis - This also sounds uninteresting, but I'll keep an eye out since Satelight isn't continuing Log Horizon, and maybe this could be better than whatever abortive actions DEEN is about to release upon Log Horizon 2. At the very least I'll probably be getting the OP.

Sora no Method - I'm getting bad AnoHana flashbacks, we'll see.

Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai - OK premise, but seems like a lackluster cast, probably not worth the time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd almost watch Cross Ange for Mizuki Nana.

Anyways, I'm clocking in at 20 new shows + 4 continuing from last season. For me this is actually very low on the curve since some of these aren't even guaranteed to stick. I might actually get to my game backlog this season, or I'll just remember why I dont' play many games and pick up old anime I've never gotten around to (I still have to finish Nichijou).

It looks like we have a decent amount of overlap though Thahn, let's see which ones end up being the most fun to talk about. My money is on WIXOSS at the moment.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:48 am

Sadly I also believe it will be Wixoss.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:09 pm

SAO2 14:
This is where my ride stops.

Log2 1:
It was what I was afraid of. With 24 eps covering 2 volumes, it's gonna be fillerific.

Vanadis 1:
Worse than I hoped (good alright), better than I feared (God awful).

Ushinawareta 1:
Oh wow, I can just FEEL that budget!

UBW 1:
Oh WOW, I can just feel that budget!
In fact, someone help me find my damn eyes!
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:54 am

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
UBW 1:
Oh WOW, I can just feel that budget!
In fact, someone help me find my damn eyes!

Another hour long prologue, and another hour that flashed by in an instant. ufotable did not tease for nothing, that was absolutely astounding. I can see why this show will need to take a break in the middle like Fate/Zero did, those backgrounds alone must have taken more time than your average anime's entire length of animation. I'm going to have to refresh my understanding of the FSN universe.

I haven't gotten to all the new stuff yet that's come out, but Denki-gai was OK, the best scene was the guy recommending manga to the visitors, otherwise somewhat bland.
Danna Wakaranai Ken was only 3 minutes, so I'll stick with it as I said I would. My problem with the show though is that it feels real to me in that, if I were that guy I could never act like that with a woman who actually decided to marry me. I suppose it just comes down to disliking the character, but at the same time it is the point of the show so it's like...... it couldn't work otherwise.

Now, the GOOD STUFF®, WIXOSS BABY! This show is FANTASTIC. I was not only lol'ing pretty damn hard at the greatness that hasn't faded from this show. Everything from the fact that they're holding a ladies WIXOSS tourney at a ladies what-seems-to-be shopping area, to the back-alley WIXOSS battles, and to top it all off we finally learn what Iona's wish was and boy is it going to rock this world. I don't know if I just didn't catch it in the first season or not, but Eldora is voiced by Satomi Arai/Index's Kuroko. I'd be 100% ok with her switching bodies with her selector and going full lezzie on Ruuko a la Kuroko fashion. But in the end, Ruuko's DESPAIR is just too great. Children's (or apparently women's) card games are just too hardcore.
Kanon Wakeshima's song is also really good again, I dunno why she chooses this show to work for, but I'm a fan of the song already.
Oh and lastly, Aki-lucky sounds like she's going to make an appearance next episode heeheehee.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:03 pm

I'll get around to wixoss later in the week. Meanwhile:

Coss Ange 1:
OMG!!!! I feel kinda bad for Nana for having to voice this.

Akame 14:
This needed 500% more Esdeath. Also, Loli Esdeath!

Fruit 1:
This needed 500% more Michiru (I can see why she got her own FD).
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:57 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
Log2 1:
It was what I was afraid of. With 24 eps covering 2 volumes, it's gonna be fillerific.

I'm don't know about the source material, but I didn't dislike the first ep by any means. Aside from a few rough edges I didn't see that much degradation of quality or style. Also, they kept Database, hell yeah. I just found out that the staff is mostly the same, so I guess they just walked over to DEEN headquarters to work on the series.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:16 pm

Chumara wrote:
Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
Log2 1:

I'm don't know about the source material, but I didn't dislike the first ep by any means. Aside from a few rough edges I didn't see that much degradation of quality or style. Also, they kept Database, hell yeah. I just found out that the staff is mostly the same, so I guess they just walked over to DEEN headquarters to work on the series.

Oh don't read that the wrong way. It still covered quite a bit of the main story and properly transitioned into it, and I enjoyed that. If what I'm seeing is right, then their approach is to split the eps into presenting both books at once, which I think is actually a better idea then to split them into two separate arcs.

But like we'll be following Kanami's side story and the newbs and I'm really dubious about their story (well it looks like there's an angle with Nyanta and Minami, so that might be okay).

Also yes, they knew they couldn't top Database.

Last edited by Tekkaman Calamity on Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  take-mikazuchi Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:30 pm

Fate Unlimited Blade Works - Amazing as I'd expect. Best visual quality so far this season.

Terra Formars - Bad like Starship Troopers, which is ok.

Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis - Not bad. Not bad. Tho I'll admit I'm only watching it for Olivia. But it's the same studio that did Zankyou no Terror which was a top 3 show last season.

Gundam G no Reconguista - Really underwhelmed. Sunrise's new animation style for Gundam is really bothering me. This particular one really feels like a kid's show like AGE did. Not cool.

Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete - Originally not on my radar, but after ep 1 it's on my watch list. They finally seem to have broken the typical romantic drama meta.

Cross Ange - Literally Code Geass with dragons and Nana Mizuki. Best thing I've seen so far other than UBW. That OP is almost copy pasta of Gundam Seed's.

World Trigger - God this show was awful. I shouldn't have had so much faith in Toei.

As for previous stuff. Akame ga Kill was good. I'm really liking their progression. Sword Art still decent. Not sure where all the hate is coming from. Sailor Moon is still just nostalgia for me. Not sure where all the hype is coming from. Argevollen continues to be generic, now with a new character who is unfit to be a soldier. Jamie still best character.

take-mikazuchi
Tsundere

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:39 pm

Sword Art still decent. Not sure where all the hate is coming from.

I actually didn't hate the episode. The show just simply no longer interests me.

Wixoss Spread 1:
Screw that episode. There was zero aki-lucky!
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:58 am

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
Wixoss Spread 1:
Screw that episode. There was zero aki-lucky!

but BUT BUUUUUTTTTT Iona's wish was to do more BATORUS with Ruuko, and Ruuko can't help her addiction. This game is literally cocaine apparently.

Grisaia wasn't bad, I liked the guy's personality (kinda a Mahouka Tatsuya but with more sass). I think what's going to drive my interest is mainly how the story is going to progress with only 6 characters and a teacher. I doubt he's going to kill them, I mean, unless that's how you decided your end in the game it's based off of. I also found it funny how even though there are like 30 desks and only 6 students, MC still sits in the back row window seat.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:54 pm

Inou 1:

Meh, needs more crazy.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:36 pm

37 1:

Did not think that picture would be a plot point. Eh, I guess this is okay.

Amagi 1:

Ah yeah, that hit me in the right spots. Kinda feels nice to be watching a kyoani show again.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:47 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:37 1:

Did not think that picture would be a plot point. Eh, I guess this is okay.

I was trying to figure out what show you meant by 37 until I realized you were talking about the same thing I was going to bring up. That picture was awkwardly important within 5 minutes. My only problem with the show was that I felt it went too fast. I guess they have a lot to cover in 12 eps.

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:Amagi 1:

Ah yeah, that hit me in the right spots. Kinda feels nice to be watching a kyoani show again.

I liked the interaction between the main characters so much that I decided to put my seething hate for talking animals on the backburner to see how this pans out over the next few episodes.

Akatsuki no Yona: Somehow I completely missed the fact that this show is set in a older period style setting in the synopsis, it was fine regardless, no major qualms.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:53 pm

Psycho2 1:

Ah, new psycho pass, same face budget.

Also needs more ridiculous gibs.

But overall, I liked it.

Amagi 2:
They've already got a gun. So I have an alternative plan:
Fall 2014 T3yn2Rr
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:37 pm

Wait.... Amagi 2 is out already? Also I haven't seen Psycho-pass yet since I haven't been home all day, but I'll get to it tonight. Glad to hear it wasn't an abortion.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:57 am

Amagi 2:
Chris Tucker has finally appeared. Kanye West, 50 Cent, and Queen Latifah are gonna have to go all-in with their ghetto dance crew to keep the gangstas away from the hood.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:40 pm

Terra 3:
Okay that's it, I'm out. I kept thinking the black balls were some kinda roach powers.

Twintail 1:
This show is incredibly stupid. I want more!
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:32 pm

Log 2:
I was right, they are doing a split presentation. Also, they might hit both novels right off and save the filler for the second half. So that's pretty good then.

UBW 1:
OMG, they can finally say bolg.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:21 am

Vanadis 2:
Why is everyone trying to kill the maid? How is she a high priority target?

Fruit 2:
Where are they getting money for this?

Akame 15:
Maybe if he put the armor on right away he wouldn't have been dead weight.

Girlfriend beta 1:
What the hell is this show? Like, is this show going to do something other than be an ad for the game?

Wixoss 2:
I was very concerned with lovely. But fortunately she's still pretty lucky.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:55 pm

Man I have a lot of anime to catch up on.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:58 am

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
Log 2:
I was right, they are doing a split presentation. Also, they might hit both novels right off and save the filler for the second half. So that's pretty good then.

What's being split? I'm not sure what the novels did, educate me.
All I know is, the best character has arrived, until a possibly better one does, but that's not probable.
Unfortunately, it looks like DEEN's animation standard of quality is starting to seep through the cracks.

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
Fruit 2:
Where are they getting money for this?

Yeah the show looks oddly generous. The black space due to the 16:10 aspect ratio would work wonders for the subtitles, if they could manage to keep each subtitle to one line.

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
Akame 15:
Maybe if he put the armor on right away he wouldn't have been dead weight.

Have I mentioned how much I love this show lately? This could be the first show in a LONG time to break my top 25 of all time.

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
Girlfriend beta 1:
What the hell is this show? Like, is this show going to do something other than be an ad for the game?

I don't know, and I don't care, I just want more Chloe. I'm starting to think the title doesn't refer to each of them being a girlfriend candidate to a male lead, but more of how many girlfriends Kokomi can make within 12 episodes. That cast list is DAMN HUGE though, unfortunately Noto Mamiko does not appear Sad. The sizable cast limit the amount of screen time these characters may or may not get though, so Saori Hayami, Youko Hikasa and others amongst my favorites won't get to bless my tv with their vocal presence much, most likely.

EDIT: Is the website going extremely slow for you most of the time as of recent?
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:52 pm

Chumara wrote:What's being split? I'm not sure what the novels did, educate me.
All I know is, the best character has arrived, until a possibly better one does, but that's not probable.
Unfortunately, it looks like DEEN's animation standard of quality is starting to seep through the cracks.

Basically Shiroe's and Akatsuki's stories are two different books. What the show is doing is splitting an episode to present events from both books in one episode as opposed to doing a story arc for one book and then moving onto the next book.

EDIT: Is the website going extremely slow for you most of the time as of recent?

This one? Not seeing any problems.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:57 pm

This one? Not seeing any problems.

It's extremely slow for me randomly, like it'll either reject the page or just take a full minute to load. Right now it's fine though, cold be any number of things.

WIXOSS 2: I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING AT THIS SHOW IT'S TOO DAMN HILARIOUS!! This is the prime example of a show that itches my tastes the right way, the premise is so retarded but all the pieces just make for one of the most entertaining shows ever.

UBW 2: This remake goes to show that you can take the same obnoxious character and mold them to be essentially the same person, but agreeable. It's all about the talent in how a work is adapted. The teacher is still just as annoying though, but she doesn't matter enough to put work into.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:30 pm

PP2 2:
Apparently the psycho this time is Jesus or something.

Amagi 3:
This is the greatest series Kyoani made in a long time.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next