Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Winter 2015: Where'd All the Anime go? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Winter 2015: Where'd All the Anime go? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Winter 2015: Where'd All the Anime go? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Winter 2015: Where'd All the Anime go? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Winter 2015: Where'd All the Anime go? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Winter 2015: Where'd All the Anime go? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Winter 2015: Where'd All the Anime go? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Winter 2015: Where'd All the Anime go? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Winter 2015: Where'd All the Anime go? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Winter 2015: Where'd All the Anime go?

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Winter 2015: Where'd All the Anime go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Winter 2015: Where'd All the Anime go?

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:39 pm

Chumara wrote:Maria 8: Galfa clearly hasn't been forced to watch as many "Cosplay is not Consent" lectures as I have.

Well she did get his arm blown off.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Winter 2015: Where'd All the Anime go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Winter 2015: Where'd All the Anime go?

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:42 pm

Kancolle 8:
Did not expect the one that got ditched to class change first.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:45 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:Kancolle 8:
Did not expect the one that got ditched to class change first.

OH MY GOD.

poipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoipoiPOIPOIPOIPOIPOIPOIPOIPOIPOIPOIPOIPOIPOIPOIPOIPOIPOIPOIPOIPOIPOIPOIPOIPOI

Yuudachi is fucking awesome(r) now.

Also, those were some precise bombing strikes, they took great care not to accidentally hit any trees, grass, or sidewalks for that matter.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:52 pm

LH 22: That episode was a lot better than the entire last arc. I dunno how I'll feel if aliens are the reason for everything.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:44 am

Chumara wrote:LH 22: That episode was a lot better than the entire last arc. I dunno how I'll feel if aliens are the reason for everything.

I'm wondering how they'll build a rocket.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:49 am

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
Chumara wrote:LH 22: That episode was a lot better than the entire last arc. I dunno how I'll feel if aliens are the reason for everything.

I'm wondering how they'll build a rocket.

You mean astrophysicist ISN'T a subclass?
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:43 pm

Kancolle 10:
Things are going to get really exciting or really sad next.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:41 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:Kancolle 10:
Things are going to get really exciting or really sad next.

That was 20 minutes of me really looking forward to Fubuki Mk.2 looking anywhere near as cool as Yuudachi V.2 and being sorely disappointed.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:57 pm

So is Log Horizon still following the source?
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:38 am

Chumara wrote:So is Log Horizon still following the source?

I have no idea. Problem is I know where the book starts but don't know where it ends, or if this entire arc is the new book or original or part of the next book.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:42 pm

Maria 10:
I legitimately thought that Viv was dead because Noto Mamiko voices her, and no other reason.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:12 pm

Chumara wrote:Maria 10:
I legitimately thought that Viv was dead because Noto Mamiko voices her, and no other reason.

Combo breaker. Also, my memory is hazy, did the guys ever plan to kill each other?
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:28 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
Chumara wrote:Maria 10:

Combo breaker. Also, my memory is hazy, did the guys ever plan to kill each other?

If you're talking about Galfa and Joseph, I don't think so? I actually can't remember why Galfa was in the European town, but that was probably just him being "missing" and knew that that area was going to be attacked. Maybe they'll explain it later.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:29 pm

Kancolle 11:

Nice try show, but I'm not buying it. If you were serious, she'd already be gone.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:55 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:Kancolle 11:

Nice try show, but I'm not buying it. If you were serious, she'd already be gone.

Right?!

Also, Nagato, I can guarantee you that there are MANY people in the world who also wonder why you all exist.
Also, I never really noticed how short Nagato's skirt was.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:30 pm

Yay, Log Horizon with action again!

On another note, even if Inaho dies in A/Z it won't even matter anymore. Glad to see Asseylum take the bull by the horns finally though.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:51 pm

Chumara wrote:Yay, Log Horizon with action again!

Yeah, I have my hopes that the show will at least end on a good note.

On another note, even if Inaho dies in A/Z it won't even matter anymore. Glad to see Asseylum take the bull by the horns finally though.

I was not expecting for both of them to get NTR'd.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:03 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
I was not expecting for both of them to get NTR'd.

I didn't think of it that way, but you're not wrong.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:03 am

Kantai 12, Noto Mamiko sighting detected. I get that she has a decent part in Junketsu no Maria, but COME ON she literally had like 5 lines here.
The ending was fun to watch, and of course the enemy had to have a few words other than sounding like a screaming retard, but I'm not sure why they crossed the line of disbelief with the ship girls getting a little more.... physical... with the enemies. I'm having a hard time visualizing a ship drop-kicking and throwing another ship, but hey, what do I know.

Either way, the show was actually very entertaining and the characters were good, and let's not forget about POIPOIPOI.
9/10, will look forward to sequel, poi.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:27 pm

Chumara wrote:Kantai 12, Noto Mamiko sighting detected. I get that she has a decent part in Junketsu no Maria, but COME ON she literally had like 5 lines here.
The ending was fun to watch, and of course the enemy had to have a few words other than sounding like a screaming retard, but I'm not sure why they crossed the line of disbelief with the ship girls getting a little more.... physical... with the enemies. I'm having a hard time visualizing a ship drop-kicking and throwing another ship, but hey, what do I know.

Either way, the show was actually very entertaining and the characters were good, and let's not forget about POIPOIPOI.

Man, I am so disappoint Black Rock Shooter didn't really do anything.

Well, in the end it was fun times. I would've preferred a darker story, but I can see how that'd be too risky and alienate the fanbase. Still, this is fine too.

Hopefully in S2, they scale back CG what with the massive profit they made on this show. Or you know, not go into battle and just make it super silly, I'd be fine with that too.

8/10
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:56 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
Chumara wrote:Kantai 12, Noto Mamiko sighting detected. I get that she has a decent part in Junketsu no Maria, but COME ON she literally had like 5 lines here.

Man, I am so disappoint Black Rock Shooter didn't really do anything.

Well, in the end it was fun times. I would've preferred a darker story, but I can see how that'd be too risky and alienate the fanbase. Still, this is fine too.

Hopefully in S2, they scale back CG what with the massive profit they made on this show. Or you know, not go into battle and just make it super silly, I'd be fine with that too.

8/10

To be fair, that CG was done relatively very well. But if they could animated it by hand instead it could end up looking a lot better.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:06 pm

Chumara wrote:To be fair, that CG was done relatively very well. But if they could animated it by hand instead it could end up looking a lot better.

Oh no, definitely the CG was better than the norm, but all things in moderation. CG became very visible in numerous instance simply from overuse.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:25 am

Aldnoah 24:
Could've used more yoyo.

Aldnoah in review

Frak, this was a terrible show. Only three characters actually mattered and everyone else just wasted time with filler. Remember the PTSD and the brother thing? 'Cause apparently no one else in the show cared.

Plot wise it was alright up to three, then it quickly went downhill when it turns out the heroes weren't going to win with elaborate plans and instead the villains were just going to be stupid.

Art and music was alright though, so it has that going for it.

3/10

Log Horizon 2 25:

He's carrying the ARM!

Log Horizon 2 in review:

Definitely weaker than first season.

The first half was plagued by direction issues since it was adapting two books that had the same story time, so it had repetition problems. But was otherwise not that bad.

Second half followed the most boring bunch of the characters. I would've preferred an entire season to focus on Kanami instead. The show did pick itself up by the homestretch and I felt the ending was a strong good note.

While the studio shift did lead to overall better quality from Dean, the art designs are pretty different and I think Satelite's budgety art was actually more attractive. Lama horses and all!

7/10
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:25 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:Aldnoah 24:
Could've used more yoyo.

Aldnoah in review

Frak, this was a terrible show. Only three characters actually mattered and everyone else just wasted time with filler. Remember the PTSD and the brother thing? 'Cause apparently no one else in the show cared.

Plot wise it was alright up to three, then it quickly went downhill when it turns out the heroes weren't going to win with elaborate plans and instead the villains were just going to be stupid.

Art and music was alright though, so it has that going for it.

3/10

I liked the first season quite a bit, but it feels like they only planned up that far and then the director just kinda came up with whatever on the spot to fill in for season 2. You're right about everything though. I think had Inaho and Asseylum actually died, Slaine could have pulled a House of Cards and risen up through the Vers hierarchy to take them down from within, he could've been the best and only memorable character in the show. Instead we got a melting pot of pointless and stagnant bodies that combined with a horseshit of a story direction made the show actually boring to watch as it went on. The animation was quite good as you said, as expected of the studio, and the music was also quite good. In matter of fact 3 of the 5 OP/EDs throughout the show were good enough for me to listen to on my iPod.
It's quite a shame that the show couldn't pull through, but this is why Cross Ange exists: to make bullshit awesome, exciting, and fun to watch consistently.

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:Log Horizon 2 25:

He's carrying the ARM!

Log Horizon 2 in review:

Definitely weaker than first season.

The first half was plagued by direction issues since it was adapting two books that had the same story time, so it had repetition problems. But was otherwise not that bad.

Second half followed the most boring bunch of the characters. I would've preferred an entire season to focus on Kanami instead. The show did pick itself up by the homestretch and I felt the ending was a strong good note.

While the studio shift did lead to overall better quality from Dean, the art designs are pretty different and I think Satelite's budgety art was actually more attractive. Lama horses and all!

7/10

So her name was Kanami. I couldn't remember and she didn't show up past that one episode right smack in the middle, she's definitely the best character. I agree with you on all points except I don't necessarily think the animation was that much better, and I did enjoy Satelite's designs more as well. This season didn't have a confirmation of a season 3 like season 1 did for 2, so I'm wondering if DEEN kinda killed it for the Japanese audience. If it does get a third season though I hope it switches studios again, I vote for Pro IG or A-1.

As for plot related concerns: I'm not sure where they're going with the plot in terms of figuring out the mystery of what the world is and how they got there, and while that's really the most interesting point, it's also the factor that scares me the most because if it ends up being an actual parallel world that just exists as a game world because fuck it why not, then I'm going to be quite put off and it's going to make these 50+ episodes (however long it may last for) really end up being a waste of time. I was fine with them just being stuck in a game a la SAO, but it's getting a little weirder than that to keep that as a plausibility. I'm not sure what type of ending would satisfy me, but I'm praying that LH finds a way that I'm not seeing yet.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:45 pm

Chumara wrote:This season didn't have a confirmation of a season 3 like season 1 did for 2, so I'm wondering if DEEN kinda killed it for the Japanese audience.

They've also exhausted the books.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next