Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Spring 2015 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Spring 2015 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Spring 2015 EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Spring 2015 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Spring 2015 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Spring 2015 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Spring 2015 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Spring 2015 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Spring 2015 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Spring 2015

4 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Spring 2015 Empty Spring 2015

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:54 pm

Another season, but one I'm pretty hype for. Let's see if that stands actual testing.

Sequels:
Snafu2 - Moving away from Brain's Base to Feel. That this series sold very well suggests to me Feel will invest a budget. I have a pretty good opinion of Feel after Minami-ke 4, so I'm not as upset with the studio shift.
Fate/UBW - I'm just going to write this sentence.
Nisekoi 2 - I'm here for shaft quality, that's all.
Sidonia - Once I got past the faces, the show was good.
Grisai/both of em - when they started getting plot, things got so weird. But the random fun was pretty fun.

New:
Shokugeki no Souma: I hear about this series around quite a bit, so that sounds like a recommendation to me.
Gunsligner Stratos - No, Urobuchi did not right this.
Plastic Memories - Premise and writer has me intrigued and it's a pretty good casting.
Kekkai Sensen - Probably the action series of the season.
Hibike! Euphonium - Its position is dependent on whether or not it's K-On.
Triage X - The reason why Highschool of the Dead went into hiatus.
Ore Monogatari!! - to round out the action shows, I thought I'd give a romance a go.
Yamada - I need to get around to the ova.
Ninja Slayer - The premise does not sound good, but it's an action show by Trigger. At least I think it's an action show.

Maybe:
Re-Kan: I dunno, just caught my eye for some reason.
Dungeon: Yet another harem light novel series starring Yoshi. I'm marking this as maybe for now.
Arslan - I'm a sucker for historical, but it's not enough for me to declare a commitment.
Punchline - I cannot seem to find any info on what this is about, so lets leave it here for now.

14 shows with another possibility of 4. That's pretty good.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Spring 2015 Empty Re: Spring 2015

Post  Chumara Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:43 pm

This looks daunting, I'll keep this as a placeholder until I'm ready to take the time to make this list. Goodbye, my Spring.

Let's break down the walls.

Sequels

Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken 2 Sureme: The first season was one of the more entertaining shorts I've ever seen. Looking forward to more.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru Zoku: So I thought the first season actually ran out of material at the end, and here we are ~year later and they're making another season? It's gotta be all new material, unless I was told wrongly. This show is alright, I don't know how it's gaining any sort of relevant popularity though.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Vivid: I watched all of Nanoha last year, and I really liked A's and Strikers, after reading more into the wiki quite a bit I was hoping Vivid would get animated, and now here we are. I'm hype.

Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu: I guess this could be considered a sequel? Either way, Satelight is the first studio to touch the Haruhi franchise since Kyoto. I'm guessing they know they have a big responsibility, but at the same time it's just some silly knock-off. I feel like this show has to be a short episode series right? Is there actually enough material to make 12 20-minute episodes? Whatever, it'll be good to see the ol' gang again regardless.

High School DxD Born: HHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG IT'S ABOUT TIME BITCHES!

Fate stay/night Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season:

Baby Steps (2015): Because calling it season 2 is too normal or something, let's just slap the year on instead? Anyways, good Tennis anime, probably the only sports anime I've seen that's less about willpower and bullshit and more methodical training and learning the opponents', rather than montage training all season.

Ghost in the Shell Arise: Alternative Architecture: The Arise movie series is great, actually probably the best GitS I've ever seen. Although the first 4 episodes will be recap I'll probably just watch them anyways since there's only 6 episodes in total.

Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic: This sequel literally came out of nowhere and I'm so ready for more hot HOT Engrish.

Diamond no Ace: Second Season: They ran the "first" season of this show for 75 episodes and NOW it's going into a second season because fuck you that's why. Decent show though.

Teekyu (2015): I think Teekyu also forgot what season they were on. Anyways, I'll do my usual tradition of marathoning this show at the season's end in about 30 minutes.

Takamiya Nasuno Desu!: Unless these episodes happen to be 20 minutes for some reason, I'll watch it right after Teekyu.

Nisekoi: Now we're just not labeling it whatsoever to differentiate it from season 1? The number of real lockets will inversely affect my enjoyment of the show.

Grisaia no Meikyuu: I'm hoping for more guns.

Grisaia no Rakuen: Still hoping for more guns.

New Shows

Re-Kan: Wait.... Kido Ibuki was only 14 when she did the little sister in OniAi? What a star. I'll watch this for her. I generally don't care for these types of shows though.

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darouka: I'm literally watching this because JC Staff is making it....... and Hikasa Youko + Hayami Saori.

Shokugeki no Souma: Again, JC Staff, but this show doesn't sound as bad as the former. This isn't trying to be like Toriko is it?

Denpa Kyoushi: Could be worse, let's see how it pans out and I'll play it by ear.

Owari no Seraph: Good action by Wit Studio, so far it looks like one of the better new shows. I forget what you thought of Shingeki no Kyojin Thahn, but I loved it.

Gunslinger Stratos The Animation: A-1 Studio + sci-fi fighting adventure? I thought Sword Art Online was done.

Plastic Memories: This show is probably going to try and hit us in the feels like Mahoromatic did. My tear ducts are ready.

Kekkai Sensen: This actually just looks straight up cool, and I dunno what the last Bones anime I saw was. I'm in.

Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku: I'm not sure if you remember what I said about Inou Battle was Nichijou-kei no Naka de a couple of seasons back, but basically this is the premise of an anime I'd totally make if I ever got to create one. Now, the aforementioned show was utter shit and didn't do at all what I was hoping, so now I'm pushing those dreams onto this show. Please deliver.

Hibike! Euphonium: KYOANI /GG

Triage X: This is that manga that got High School of the Dead lost forever in the void, right? I'm in.

Ore Monogatari: Seeing this show reminded me that I hadn't really put a romance on this list yet. Problem solved, with Madhouse to boot!

Urawa no Usagi-chan: Who the fuck is A-Real?

Ninja Slayer From Animation: The new worst title I've seen in awhile. I'm supposed to watch this because it's Trigger right?

Continuations

Assassination Classroom: This show has some fantastic episodes.

Sailor Moon Crystal: This show does not.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders: Egypt Arc: This arc has been the worst JoJo's has been at since its inception, with the exception of the gambler arc, but the Dio showdown should turn things around.

Kuroko no Basket Season 3: We're reaching critical bullshit levels here.

Considerations

Show by Rock!!: The only reason I don't wanna watch this is because they transform back and forth from stuffed animals to humans. It's probably not even worth the time regardless.

Arslan Senki: So.... The only reason I considered this at all is that it has the writer from School Days, but I'll have to see. Unless it's Sengoku Basara, I'm not really on board with historical shows atm.

Houkago no Pleiades: I missed whatever web OVA came out in 2011, and I haven't liked anything Gainax has done recently..... we'll see.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So where are we at?
33 without the considerations, including 1 short, 2 shows I won't watch till the season is over, one more potential short, one series that only spans 6 episodes, and a 60 minute OVA. So more realistically like 28 shows.

EZ MODO
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:59 pm

We'll have quite a bit of overlap this season Thahn.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:49 pm

Dungeon 1:
Eh, it's alright. I mean, it's pretty watchable so I'll give it some more.

Food Wars 1:
... That was quite a lot more lewd than I was expecting. Gonna need more.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:28 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:Dungeon 1:
Eh, it's alright. I mean, it's pretty watchable so I'll give it some more.

A little different than I was imagining, but yeah, it's alright so far. I feel like he made as much progress as a character in one episode as others' do in half a season.

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:Food Wars 1:
... That was quite a lot more lewd than I was expecting. Gonna need more.

This was so much better than I expected, definitely looking forward to more.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:49 pm

UBW 13:
UFOtable somehow made things lewder. Not that I'm protesting.

Gunslinger 1:
Okay it's a show about people fighting their doppelgangers? And also weird power ups that let people suplex mechs.

Plastic 1:
So their job... is to go kill somebody's precious ones. That's a pretty crummy job. Also, that dude did not think it through when he ordered himself a waifu. Otherwsie I'm liking the show.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:32 am

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:UBW 13:
UFOtable somehow made things lewder. Not that I'm protesting.
You know what that Caster is into.
Man, Rin's such a better love interest than Saber. I forgot you could barely tell with DEEN's shitty movie.

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:Gunslinger 1:
Okay it's a show about people fighting their doppelgangers? And also weird power ups that let people suplex mechs.

I thought animation studios were supposed to dump good budget into first episodes. The character designs and animations in this show were already looking like spaghetti.

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:Plastic 1:
So their job... is to go kill somebody's precious ones. That's a pretty crummy job. Also, that dude did not think it through when he ordered himself a waifu. Otherwsie I'm liking the show.

This went pretty much as I expected, with the added bonus of decent humor, but yeah I'm also wondering why these people get emotionally attached when they know they have a shelf life. Was a home-helper robot not enough? I suppose it's supposed to focus on people who so emotionally messed up that they NEED that artificial replacement for someone maybe they lost or never had. I like this a lot so far though, but man you know it's going to end like Mahoromatic..... let's just hope they don't miraculously let her live at the end for the sake of a happy ending.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:35 am

By Rock 1:
What is this show?

DxD3 1:
Was here for the ChouCho OP. Got ChouCho OP.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:06 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
DxD3 1:
Was here for the ChouCho OP. Got ChouCho OP.

I somehow missed the memo, but I was pleasantly surprised. Was this show always so........ uncensored? In the plethora of black screens I see these days I'm surprised when I actually see..... everything... for once.
But man this show is as shameless and awesome as always.

Vivid 1: Solid start, I'm glad Noto Mamiko reprised her role from the game. Another full role by her makes me a happy camper.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:34 pm

Chumara wrote:I somehow missed the memo, but I was pleasantly surprised. Was this show always so........ uncensored? In the plethora of black screens I see these days I'm surprised when I actually see..... everything... for once.

No, I definitely felt like... somehow they cranked up the service for a broadcast.

Vivid 1: Solid start, I'm glad Noto Mamiko reprised her role from the game. Another full role by her makes me a happy camper.

This on the other hand felt so... cheap. Like, I'm watching it with StrikerS in the back of my head and it's like the art dropped 2 notches. Or it could be because they threw all their budget on the transformation scenes, which to be fair is the correct move.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:00 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:

This on the other hand felt so... cheap. Like, I'm watching it with StrikerS in the back of my head and it's like the art dropped 2 notches. Or it could be because they threw all their budget on the transformation scenes, which to be fair is the correct move.

Well A-1 is doing 4 shows this season, so maybe they're stretched a bit too thin.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:43 pm

Chumara wrote:Well A-1 is doing 4 shows this season, so maybe they're stretched a bit too thin.

You'd think studios would have learned after Gonzo. Or even more recently Diomedea since 3 bad shows and kancolle forced flight simulator to be pushed to fall due to lack of funds (or it could be a strategic move what with everything else this season).
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:57 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
Chumara wrote:Well A-1 is doing 4 shows this season, so maybe they're stretched a bit too thin.

You'd think studios would have learned after Gonzo. Or even more recently Diomedea since 3 bad shows and kancolle forced flight simulator to be pushed to fall due to lack of funds (or it could be a strategic move what with everything else this season).

Yeah but because this season is so stacked with shows, they should have focused on one show and done it really well to stick out from the crowd. I also dunno what Diomedea was thinking last season, they were going to put all that money and effort into KanColle, then don't bother doing a bunch of other subpar shows as well.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  take-mikazuchi Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:40 am

GunZ the Duel 1 - So fall into the shadow realm to face your true self? Aight. For realsies tho, as long as I get action shows that involve guns and tech I'm on board.

Owari no Seraph 1 - Now I get what you were talking about with the whole wit studio riding the fujoshi train.

Fate UBW 13 - New OP is gdlk.

Arslan Senki 1 - So in a nutshell, the Christians are taking over and it's up to Arslan to stop them. This is a lot like Madan no Ou minus the maidens with mystical swords and shit.

Had no idea DxD was even out. Checked yesterday and only Raw was released. Shiiiiet.

Also, I was plooping around on horrible subs and fansubDB, and apparently Funimation is notorious for being late on ep 1s. Hence why we don't have Kekkai Sensen yet.

take-mikazuchi
Tsundere

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:51 pm

Owari no Seraph 1 - Now I get what you were talking about with the whole wit studio riding the fujoshi train.

Thanks for reminding me, Ruben how's twilight the anime?

This is a lot like Madan no Ou minus the maidens with mystical swords and shit.

But the bishoujos was what made it better!
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:14 pm

take-mikazuchi wrote:
Had no idea DxD was even out. Checked yesterday and only Raw was released. Shiiiiet.

Eh? I watched it on Sunday when it came out, FFF subbed it.

Thanks for reminding me, Ruben how's twilight the anime?

Aside from what I told Matt, which he referenced, it was basically a train ride of generic tropes topped with bishounen style character designs........ I was expecting something more intense for a first episode, but I have faith that the show might get more entertaining later on. It was definitely no Shokugeki no Souma.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:21 pm

Chumara wrote:Aside from what I told Matt, which he referenced, it was basically a train ride of generic tropes topped with bishounen style character designs........ I was expecting something more intense for a first episode, but I have faith that the show might get more entertaining later on. It was definitely no Shokugeki no Souma.

I hear it's basically more of the same from here on.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:09 pm

Nagato Yuki-chan 1: What the fuck am I even watching. Satellite should've gone straight to Log Horizon season 3.

Kekkei Sensen: YO BUMP OF CHICKEN?!?! The OP theme is worth the show enough already. As for the show itself....... I feel like I've seen it before, or it's just a culmination of things I've seen before. Maybe a combination of Jormungand, Men in Black, NEEDLESS and.........something else.....
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:34 pm

Hibike 1:
And it's not K-On. Okay, it's a keeper.

Chumara wrote:Kekkei Sensen: YO BUMP OF CHICKEN?!?! The OP theme is worth the show enough already. As for the show itself....... I feel like I've seen it before, or it's just a culmination of things I've seen before. Maybe a combination of Jormungand, Men in Black, NEEDLESS and.........something else.....

I definitely got all those vibes too.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:54 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:Hibike 1:
And it's not K-On. Okay, it's a keeper.

This is what I wanted K-ON! to be all those years ago before that show let me down hard. I'm going to get to re-live my concert band high school days through this show.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:16 pm

Punch Line 1:
... Japan.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:15 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:Punch Line 1:
... Japan.

I'm not sure why you even picked that one, but another friend of mine said something similar....... using a lot more words.

So Urawa no Usagi-chan is a short, missed the memo on that one. After I get a good feel for my weekly anime schedule I may be picking up Arslan Senki then. Problem is I still want to try and start YuYuHakusho this season. I'll see what you all think of Senki after a few weeks.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:40 pm

Chumara wrote:I'm not sure why you even picked that one, but another friend of mine said something similar....... using a lot more words.

I try to keep it short and to the point.

So Urawa no Usagi-chan is a short, missed the memo on that one. After I get a good feel for my weekly anime schedule I may be picking up Arslan Senki then. Problem is I still want to try and start YuYuHakusho this season. I'll see what you all think of Senki after a few weeks.

I like Arslan right now, but need to see more.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:32 pm

Nagato 2: So I was waiting for Haruhi to show up since this show is too heavy for Kyon to carry himself...... turns out they really messed around with Haruhi as well. She's supposed to be Disappearance Haruhi.... but she acts like Melancholy middle school Haruhi. I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, but the synopses I read of these spinoff novels awhile back didn't quite catch the essence of how the characters acted. So in a way she should still be able to help the show be more entertaining regardless.
Also, there was a scene where Kyon had googly eyes, Satellite please.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:06 pm

Food Wars 2:
Should've gone with the peanut butter squid again.

Dungeon 2:
Give him the knife!
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down