Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead - Page 2 Empty Re: Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead

Post  Chumara Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:14 am

This show makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE, luckily if I just empty my mind and enjoy the show for the abundantly random moments of badassery and awesome, I enjoy it.
Also Lily's voice actress is still fantastic, I love hearing her talk.
I wonder if the writers thought this show was supposed to be 26 eps up until episode 9 where they were filled in on the truth that it's in fact half as much.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead - Page 2 Empty Re: Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:51 pm

Chumara wrote:This show makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE, luckily if I just empty my mind and enjoy the show for the abundantly random moments of badassery and awesome, I enjoy it.
Also Lily's voice actress is still fantastic, I love hearing her talk.
I wonder if the writers thought this show was supposed to be 26 eps up until episode 9 where they were filled in on the truth that it's in fact half as much.

Half of 26 is 13. Ichiban is running for 12.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:07 am

So I gave this show a 7 out of 10, of course this means that on my altered scale of things it was average.
This show in retrospect had no real redeeming qualities, I'm not going to say it was bad, because I know what BAD is like but it wasn't really good.
Honestly I think it would have been a much better show if they had kept the same kind of harem/general hatred towards him like it was in the beginning and just rolled with that and kept it as a romantic comedy throughout the whole show. But no, they put in several SHITTY plot-lines with SHITTY twists and a SHITTY reset ending which should have ended with him with Keena but instead she got pushed over by the marriage of him to Hattori. The only redeeming quality of anything past the ep with the Bouichirou guy showing up with Keena at the end, was watching your favorite character of choice being badass, too bad Keena didn't really do anything so I got screwed over in that deal too, I suppose watching Lily fight was worth it a bit. Either way the pacing of this show was horrendous (I still believe that they originally thought they had 26 eps) and stuff just happened too fast and never made complete sense. I'm also guessing that we lose a LOT in translation, or maybe that was just the story being vague. Either way I give it a 7 because the harem-antics for the first 7 eps or so was on the level of like an 8 and everything after the introduction of Brave and the SHITTY plot was bad enough to be brought down to the level of a 6.
Inb4 Angel Beats mini-post: Angel beats 12 was fantastic.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:38 am

When I first approached this (I mean watching the PV and researching the staff), it seemed like it had EVERYTHING going against it, aside from a rather solid voice cast. That said, the show I found was pretty good when the writers and artists weren't paid in vodka instead of money.

The plot held up pretty well until six or so when they launched the second arc and started jamming things that the show probably could've done without (I'm looking at you episode eight). The fight against Bouichirou was painfully short and the finale consisted of Sai punching a robot and shooting lasers from his eyes. Maybe with twice the episodes they could've gotten better fight scenes and maybe a proper route for Yellow, but otherwise I don't think things would've improved much. That said, I've seen worst plots and didn't mind the reset at the end as much (even though Blue apparently forgot her development for like eight episodes).

The strong point was its characters. That Sai was ready to snap bones rather than just wallow up in self pity and angst went FAR in making this show watchable. As for how he ranks as a maou, I've certainly seen better (and crazier) maous, but there have been worse so I'll give him a pass. Green was a strong character from initial appearance to end and Blue got redeemed after they got rid of some of her stupidity. Purple and Red were fun characters, but suffered from severe character alterations. Yellow had a collective screen time of what, 8 minutes? Well, at least they upgraded Hiroshi from irritating sidekick (not sure what I think of the whole Brave angle), which is no mean feat.

I'm also guessing that we lose a LOT in translation, or maybe that was just the story being vague.
The way I hear it, the novels didn't do a good job at explaining things to begin with.

Ending Score:
Three out of Four Maous
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead - Page 2 Eu11_dl_anm7Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead - Page 2 Eu11_dl_anm7Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Experimenting on the Dead - Page 2 Eu11_dl_anm7
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:50 am

It's true is was fun watching Akuto being GAR, but it kinda got ridiculous with the power limiter release at the end. But yeah it was really a show to see the female characters with the fanservice and the gimmicks they all had.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2