Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Summer 2014 watchlist EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Summer 2014 watchlist EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Summer 2014 watchlist EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Summer 2014 watchlist EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Summer 2014 watchlist EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Summer 2014 watchlist EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Summer 2014 watchlist EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Summer 2014 watchlist EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Summer 2014 watchlist EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Summer 2014 watchlist

Go down

Summer 2014 watchlist Empty Summer 2014 watchlist

Post  take-mikazuchi Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:26 am

I only do this because someone else does. Also because it makes it easier to link/copy pasta anywhere else I would need to post this.

Sequels and Continuations

Free! Eternal Summer - Kyoto returns this season for more gay swimming. Perfect for summertime.
Persona 4 The Golden - I can't possibly see this being much different from the first run of this, so I'll be skimming to see the new material.
Space Dandy 2 - Since I finished the first season, I almost feel obligated. Didn't entertain me like I was hoping, but it wasn't unbearable.
Sword Art Online 2 - I don't care what anyone says. I enjoyed this show. Haters gonna hate.
Ace of Diamond - Rooby-kouhai forgot to include this one. Maybe it was intentional. Still strong, still great.
Hanamonogatari - Finally Kanbaru.

The new stuff

Akame ga Kill! - White Fox studio is pretty good in my book. They did Steins;Gate and Jormungand. Also been hoping for some more action/seinen stuff this season
Aldnoah Zero - Madoka/Psycho-Pass writer. Fate/Zero director. Attack on Titan/Kill la Kill OST composer. I don't care if you don't like mechs. Get over it and watch this.
Ao Haru Ride - PROduction I.G. hardly lets me down. It'll be interesting to see them do a romance/drama which is something I don't see them do a lot.
Glasslip - I see Japan is running out of ideas, so they have turned to glass artisans. Whatever though. PA Works has yet to show me garbage.
Rail Wars - Railroad companies? Parallel world? I'm afraid of this being like Ixion Saga DT (which sucked ass) but I see myself getting a good laugh out of this.
Sabagebu - The pre-air has already come out and I have it. I might as well try at least. If the season gets too rough for my schedule it'll be one of the first to go.
Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen - The only other mech show to come out for this season. What scares me is that it's Xebec.
Tokyo ESP - The idea of a flying penguin sounds retarded. But I'm down for watching Shadowcat the anime.
Tokyo Ghoul - Finally a suspense/thriller/horror.
Zankyou no Terror - 2 dudes bomb Tokyo for god knows what reason. Ok. You got me.

Movies/OVAs

Sailor Moon - YOOOOOOOOO! My childhood. I don't remember jack. But hopefully this will be as entertaining as I remember.
Non Non Biyori - Decent show. Boring at times. I can handle a single OVA.
Girls und Panzer: Kore ga hontou no Anzio-sen Desu - Yo, this show was amazing. I'm always down to watch high school girls blow each other up in tanks.
Ano Natsu de Matteru - I was skeptical at first, but then I went back and watched it. Good show.
Ghost in the Shell: Arise Border 3 - I've been waiting so long for this, you don't even know.

Soft maybe

DRAMAtical Murder - This kinda seems like it's ripping off SAO and Log Horizon a little bit. If I find myself always caught up and have nothing to watch, I might pick this up.
Rokujouma no Shinryakusha? - Silver Link is teh winx0rz. But the premise sounds really stupid. We just had Nanana's Buried Treasure. And Dusk Maiden of Amnesia left a bad taste in my mouth. If I still find that I need more to watch even after picking up the aforementioned series, I'll try this one.

I don't want to go into all the ones I'm not watching, but a couple of them really stood out and were a definite GTFOutta here.

Bakumatsu Rock - I would have given this a shot if it was any other studio. DEEN can't possibly make this good.
Love Stage - GAAAAAAAAAAY
Nobunaga Concerto - Having the word "concerto" had my attention. Then I read the premise. Gross. Please stahp with the Oda Nobunaga fit. We get it. You like the guy.

take-mikazuchi
Tsundere

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down