Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Officer Meetings EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Officer Meetings EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Officer Meetings EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Officer Meetings EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Officer Meetings EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Officer Meetings EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Officer Meetings EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Officer Meetings EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Officer Meetings EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Officer Meetings

+3
angrias
Tekkaman Calamity
GameSage
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Officer Meetings Empty Officer Meetings

Post  GameSage Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:28 am

So from what I understand most of the officers can't meet for the orginal wednesday meetings at 10 on wednesday.
So we either need to set up a different day and time or a thread on the board that the members can visit at their own time before the next meeting.
Thought I'd start this here and see what you guys had to say about it.
GameSage
GameSage
Yandere

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-01-24

http://www.gamesage.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Officer Meetings Empty Re: Officer Meetings

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:06 am

I wouldn't mind just talking on the boards.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741

Back to top Go down

Post  GameSage Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:41 pm

All right, so are we going to decide on the order we show the anime here or should we just wing it? Also someone suggested having japanese game shows thrown in the mix, do we have any we could try out nd see how that goes?
GameSage
GameSage
Yandere

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:07 pm

I don't mind giving it a shot, but he'd best be ready to stake his life on it.

I also wrote a list, but I'll get to sorting that out.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  angrias Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:29 pm

I don't think a forum officer's meeting is going to work, if any of you who are still here from last semester recall the hectic things we called meetings, there is a need for instantaneous reply. But of course, I'm willing to try it out.

Also, we need to get an idea about upcoming events. September is already almost over which means the Halloween party will need to get planned soon, it takes a lot longer than one or two meetings because we will need to reserve the space (after everyone's agreed on a day). If we still want to do one at all...

What other events and issues did we need to get resolved, Officers?
angrias
angrias

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-01-23

http://www.plaidfusion.biz

Back to top Go down

Post  GameSage Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:28 pm

Well what happened to our events organizer? Wasn't that Gabe? I think i've seen him twice on campus but not at any of the club meetings.

As far as the Halloween party goes, I don't have any ideas on what day would be good. Perhaps the friday before Halloween? So the 24th. Also we need to plan out how much to charge, what food we want to get (pizza, home-made snuff ect)
We should also come up with a list of shows to show on that day. I'm all for Higirashi, Hellsing, and mabey an old japanese movie like Ringu.
Also we had a little video game area set up, I liked it so that would be cool.
Then we have the contests, there was a costume contest and a drawing contest. I liked both but we need ideas for prizes so people get excited for it.

Oh and we have $22 left over from last year i believe, so we can keep that in mind.
GameSage
GameSage
Yandere

Back to top Go down

Officer Meetings Empty ok

Post  Shinimegami23 Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:40 pm

Well, my schedule is really busy and I assume everyone else's is too, so I don't know when we would all be able to meet online. but yea, we do need to get that figured out soon if we are going to start planning anything, I also heard that we need an advisor, so I emailed my japanese sensei about it, to see if she'd be willing to be our advisor, I figured since the club does something related to Japan she may be interested. We'll see what she says. Other than that, I don't have anything to add.
Shinimegami23
Shinimegami23
Tsundere

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:26 pm

I don't have aim, but don't let that stop you from having any meetings, especially if you guys want to run the Halloween party. Just give me the notes and tell me if I need to sign off/schedule.

As for shows, well Higa is a given. Maybe mnemosyne and kara no kyoukai.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:07 pm

Yeah we used to have an advisor I completely forgot about that, as for the Halloween party, if we even do get around to doing it... 22 bucks is not going to cover much at all you'll definitely have to charge people money if they come, we'd also need a good number of people to come to possibly make it work out. I remember last year we had quite a large number of people being able to attend the meetings, it might just be that Thursday at 3 stopped working for people or maybe people just don't realize it's still happening. Is there some kind of tabling going to be happening for the club, when it club rush, did it happen already? anyways also with all the new freshmen this year at the least we should probably place fliers around the school or something so people know the club still exists.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  GameSage Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:43 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:I don't have aim, but don't let that stop you from having any meetings, especially if you guys want to run the Halloween party. Just give me the notes and tell me if I need to sign off/schedule.

As for shows, well Higa is a given. Maybe mnemosyne and kara no kyoukai.

post a link to that instant messanger you have, i completely forgot about that. If I download that I'll hit you up on it when I have time.

As far as fliers, that sounds good. That was actually how I found out about the club last year. If someone can come up with a couple different flier designs with meeting times and places for the next couple mettings that would help get the word out.

And we will have to charge people for the party but we should do it like last year. You have to RSVP at the meeting and if you bring guests you have to say how many and have money for them before the party as well. That way we don't buy too much or too little.

But what about the day? Is the 24th going to work for you guys?
GameSage
GameSage
Yandere

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuuka Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:53 am

Thanh, laziness is not an excuse for not being on AIM. It's a convenient way for people to contact you. If you want it to work only one way, then just have it sign in using invisible mode.

Even though I didn't go to the Halloween party last year, I do remember that they let people have the option of bringing food in order to waive the attendance fee. The real problem this time is finding a location for it, and enough stuff to keep people entertained the whole time.

*Also, Mnemosyne is hardly halloween material - it's more like something that you would constantly hover your fingers over alt+f4 while watching in case someone walks in for (which I did). Kara and Higurashi is a 'probably,' but I'd suggest more along the lines of Ghost Hunt and/or Higurashi and/or maybe like the first episode or so of Tsukuyomi (minus the mood-slaughtering omg-wtf-am-I-watching OP). I'd say Blood+, but I think the club already watched enough of that.

Last edited by Ryuuka on Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:26 am

We can probably get Coconino for the party, I think it's about large enough.

Also, I don't use IMs, I just have IRC.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  [DR] Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:02 am

Chumara wrote:Yeah we used to have an advisor I completely forgot about that, as for the Halloween party, if we even do get around to doing it... 22 bucks is not going to cover much at all you'll definitely have to charge people money if they come, we'd also need a good number of people to come to possibly make it work out. I remember last year we had quite a large number of people being able to attend the meetings, it might just be that Thursday at 3 stopped working for people or maybe people just don't realize it's still happening. Is there some kind of tabling going to be happening for the club, when it club rush, did it happen already? anyways also with all the new freshmen this year at the least we should probably place fliers around the school or something so people know the club still exists.

That's definitely the case for me.
I missed all of spring, and this semester I'm only available from 3-4. So I definitely wouldn't be surprised if that's the issue for some people.
Was there even a passport to ASU this year? It didn't seem like it was made as big of a deal as the past 2 years.
[DR]
[DR]
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 201

https://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10051425

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinimegami23 Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:23 pm

there was a passport, it was the first Saturday before school officially started, not very convenient for anyone who hadn't moved into the dorms or bothered to look at campus yet. But yea, they had it. I think fliers are a good idea, and lets maybe toss out the idea of a Halloween party at the next meeting and see what kind of response we get. Still no word from my sensei about being an adviser, so I will ask her in class tomorrow. Do we want to hold the online meetings the day before club? or does it matter to anyone? Tuesdays after 7:30 work for me, and Mondays or Wednesdays after 11:30 PM or Fridays after 12 and weekends my schedule fluctuates a lot, so I don't know if I could pin down a time. What does anyone else say?
Shinimegami23
Shinimegami23
Tsundere

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:42 pm

Well since I've been exploited into bringing anime to the meetings thus far I'd like to have some input and knowledge of what's going to be happening at the meetings to come, my aim is LoCChumara, any of those times listed above work for me.
BTW Thahn, do you even have admin privileges on this forum? seeing how you're the new president and all.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:21 am

Okay, ruben, you're my proxy... wait lemme think about that again.... yeah, I have little choice. But if it gets to me that maids were mentioned, I will bring down the hammer of the gods on your head.

I don't have admin powers, but I do have mod powers. While I can't ban people, I can delete their posts and put silly comments on their profiles.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:08 pm

Ooooook then, times and names people. I'll edit it into this post so we can keep track of it.
Ruben (Me) aim:LoCChumara, Proxying for president (Thahn might regret this) - Anyday anytime after 7pm.
Sophie aim:?, Vice President - Tuesdays 7:30 PM+, Monday & Wednesday 11:30 PM+, Fridays 12(PM?)+
Riley aim:rtrobinson81, Treasurer - TWF 10:30 PM+, M 9 PM+, Th 6 PM+, SatSun looks grim
Anie aim:angrias_rhea, Secretary - Saturday All, Sunday 12-3, Tuesday: 7:30+, Wednesday 11:30+
Chris aim:?, Webmaster - ???

Last edited by Chumara on Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:59 pm; edited 5 times in total
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  GameSage Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:44 pm

my AIM is rtrobinson81, ...oh and this is Riley (aka Big Wheezy position: Treasurer attack: 14 defense: 9 hp: ??? mp: infinite)
GameSage
GameSage
Yandere

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:44 am

Ok thanks Riley, what are your available times?

BTW WTF are we supposed to discuss in these meetings?
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  GameSage Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:09 am

Uhhh...let's see. Monday's after 9pm, Thursdays after 6pm, Saturday whenever i'm on (I work every other weekend so just check if i'm on) Sundays are the same as saturdays. If it's urgent I get back from work around 10:30pmish on Tues, Wed, and Fri.As for what the meetings are for, they are for out of meeting activities ex: Halloween party, convention travels (like if we want to go to comicon as a group), basically planning fun stuff...oh and suggestions for the schedule and advertising for the club.Speaking of which this thursday if we still don't have an advisor I can ask my japanese teacher to be the club advisor.
GameSage
GameSage
Yandere

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:03 pm

Chumara wrote:Ooooook then, times and names people. I'll edit it into this post so we can keep track of it.
Ruben (Me) aim:LoCChumara, Proxying for president (Thahn might regret this) - Anyday anytime after 7pm.
Sophie (aim name?) (position?) - Tuesdays 7:30 PM+, Monday & Wednesday 11:30 PM+, Fridays 12(PM?)+
Riley aim:rtrobinson81, Treasurer - TWF 10:30 PM+, M 9 PM+, Th 6 PM+, SatSun looks grim

I might regret it, but bear in mind Ruben, I know where you live.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuuka Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:24 am

Ruben still has AIM? He's actually going to hit the sign on button? *Brain explode*
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:23 am

Well, we could always hold the meeting in an IRC channel.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  angrias Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:06 pm

Chumara wrote:Well, we could always hold the meeting in an IRC channel.

How odd... I'm almost certain I posted like 4 times yesterday... at any rate, just throwing some ideas out there.

IRC
At any rate, I found this, if people are partial to irc and don't have mIRC or pIRCH: http://embed.mibbit.com/?server=irc.starchat.net&channel=%23JMS

Literally all you have to do is open that link in a new tab or window... for those using a client like mIRC:
server: irc.starchat.net
port: 7000
channel: #JMS
No password needed

AIM
angrias_rhea

Availability
Secretary & Saturday All, Sunday 12-3, Tuesday: 7:30+, Wednesday 11:30+

This Coming Meeting: Sept 24th
My vote is Halloween party should be on the the Saturday before Halloween, I think this is the 25th. Simply because Atomic Comics will probably be having their Anime Fest that day and those who want to carpool and what not can go straight from one to the other. Also, although few in number, people do have class on Friday :/...

Suggestions: Have the club vote between like three dates, 24, 25, and Nov 1. Also come up with an enterance fee, a flat $5 might be good, if there is extra we can always apply it to the end of the semester shindig or sodas to go with out delicious pizza. (Assuming $5 is enough per person)

as far as Gabe is concerned I don't think he's available this semester, so all of us will need to cover for him or appoint a new Events Coordinator.
angrias
angrias

Number of posts : 53

http://www.plaidfusion.biz

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:09 am

Ok I got your information in there, thanks for the IRC info for those who didn't know already (this doesn't include me), my only hope is I get in there first so I can get the officer position in the channel Smile, it's empty atm though.
Good idea for the reasoning to make it a Saturday for conjunction with the atomic comics thing for those who are interested ("" "" "" ""), I dunno who we're missing to have a full meeting that this point, if I could get a list of all the officers and their positions that'd be great, then we could start the planning in motion for the time to finalize planning for the party.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: