Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii

4 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 4 Empty Re: Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii

Post  Chumara Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:00 am

So..... it's really shows like this that are my glimmering shreds of hope seeping through the mass of mediocrity and complete shit that we get a lot of nowadays. I mean seriously, this show was just entertaining, always throwing something new at us, and then ends up with what I thought was going to be some joke character and then turned out to be a likable character that brought everything full circle. Not only did they use the true element of him getting stood-up (and resolved that conflict), but they also interwove all of the girls' scenarios in a way that could further build Risa's story up. They were able to give us the "Remember the good times" type of recap that we see often in shows, but doing it in the most un-cliche way, which was to further the plot at hand. I was just amazed that the writer for this show has given us so much and yet even at the last episode he/she still delivers good writing and doesn't fail to entertain.
This is why this show is the only 10/10 I will be giving out this season, and also the closest show to a harem type setting that has ever gotten a 10 from me.
I could rave on and on about how well they chose the music for the OPs and EDs, as well as the soundtrack for the show, with Risa's rolling gag BGM getting an honorable mention in this episode; I could also go on about how well the characters were created, developed, and portrayed, or about how there was never a dull moment and somehow making a generic haremesque show have episode endings that made you look forward to next week so much.
But I've said so much already that I won't bother anymore.

On a more focused subject, Risa is a nice character, kinda comes off as Sae if she was more aggressive. I thought she was going to turn out to be a bitch and have underlying motives due to the fact that she didn't want anybody seeing her with Junichi, but in the end maybe you can say she was a little bit of a Yandere chasing the other girls away and hurting their emotions for her own sake. Of course one thing I've always liked about this show is that Junichi always made the decision that I had hoped he would, maybe he didn't go as far as I'd have hoped, but he still had the right mindset, and him ending up acknowledging what Risa did for him was the step in the right direction IMO. I know that the DVD extra is going to be Maya, but I wouldn't be disappointed if we got some more Risa.
I think I asked this already but was Risa in the game Thanh?

But seriously, it's shows like this that make me glad I watch anime, there are some real gems out there.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:40 am

Ah Amagami. When the previews were up I remember pretty much everybody was writing this off. I admit I didn't think much of it either and only decided to pick it up because Shizuka Itou was in it and the premise didn't seem horrible enough to keep me away. The thing about this show is, I know EXACTLY when it found its audience.

While this series was an enjoyable watch, I had a few complaints. My chief complaint was the use of conflicts and how they never got developed. Basically there were really only three conflicts in the show: Kaoru's mom, Ai's little brother, and Ayatsuji's sister. Only Kaoru's conflict got touched on and resolved in a couple of minutes while the latter two got dumped without any insight. I mean what the hell was the point of introducing so much friction between Ayatsuji and her sister if nothing gets expanded on.

I also had issues with time allocation. While the inter route cameo's were usually pretty good, Rihoko's bunch took up WAY too much time in Ai's arc and that trip to the amusement park, while amusing, was a pointless waste of like half an episode.

Then there was the Rihoko route. Where do I even start? There's basically no resolution, the writer took instructions to downplay her route as basically shaft Rihoko, and her ED doesn't even sound like her.

That aside, I will praise the show for keeping me interested each week. Even the Sae route ended up better than I imagined and I remember it fondly for its use of gimmicks like narration. Admittedly, part of me kept watching to see what body part Jun1 would kiss next. There was basically no heroine I honestly disliked, at the very least I found them all cute.

Music was pretty good overall, though I had reservations about some of the character songs. I kind of wished they'd use a different ED for the end of Tsukasa's route since her song didn't really transition from the happy nature of her ending.

Overall I found this show a delight. By using an omnibus, it pushed back the usual hatred of the indecisive male lead and allowed for better development for the heroines.

I think I asked this already but was Risa in the game Thanh?

Yes, she was a secret heroine.

As an aside, I think Ai's pool scene should've gone like this.

My route ranking is something like Ayatsuji=Ai>Morishima>Sae>Kaoru>Rihoko
Character ranking is Ai>Ayatsuji>Morishima>Kaoru>Rihoko>Sae
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:50 pm

The only conflict I really ended up longing to know more about was the Ayatsuji sibling conflict, but I supposed we're just supposed to infer that Tsukasa was just an angry girl due to the lack of Santa Claus and decided to take her anger out on her family. I actually might read the manga to this, very rarely does something inspire me to do so (the last being clannad) but I think another approach to what I've already seen would be fun to see.
I do have to agree though, now that you mention it I do remember the popularity highlight for this show was the back of the knee kissing, and everybody including me was looking forward every arc to see what he kissed next, I suppose I lost sight of this after getting lost in the characters and I wasn't looking for gimmicks as much anymore.
As for Rihoko, I don't really care at all about her getting shafted, I mean..... she was my least favorite character and I think the ironic comedy of her being the closest one to him (next to Kaoru that is) for the bigger portion of his life and then being the ONLY one that didn't get a romantic ending was actually quite amusing.
As for Ayatsuji's ED character song, I doubt they'd go through the trouble of making a whole new song for the last episode, for the first three though it fit perfectly.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:17 pm

Chumara wrote:I actually might read the manga to this, very rarely does something inspire me to do so (the last being clannad) but I think another approach to what I've already seen would be fun to see.

Take your pick.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon May 02, 2011 2:48 pm

And that's the end, was a pretty fun ep.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Mon May 02, 2011 3:29 pm

Yeah it was alright, I'm just glad they didn't go incest on us. I find it funny how it took them 26 episodes to give us an understanding of what the show's title meant, of course I guess if we were Japanese we'd understand.
Supposedly there's two volumes of OVA's coming out with 6 episodes total each one focusing on one of the girls, although I'm not sure what the point is since each girl had 4 episodes already buuuuut, I'll still watch them to see.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:49 pm

Fun shorts, can't wait for the next one.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:21 pm

GAH I miss this show, 5 minute bites just aren't enough!

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:Oh and she tried to kill Jun1 with melon bread.

When I wrote that, I didn't think they'd animate that wonderful scene; Ayatsuji is so much love!

Ahem, anyways I'm pretty sure this concludes Amagami SS. It was a fun ride while it lasted.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Amagami SS: Baka NiiNii - Page 4 Empty Wait... What?!?

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:58 am

Amagami 2nd season.

But like, how would they... what would... what?

I did not see this coming.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:18 pm

YESSSSSSSSSS
What the hell are they going to do..........
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4