Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Winter 2024
Springing ahead, but not really 2017 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Springing ahead, but not really 2017 EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Springing ahead, but not really 2017 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Springing ahead, but not really 2017 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Springing ahead, but not really 2017 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Springing ahead, but not really 2017 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Springing ahead, but not really 2017 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Springing ahead, but not really 2017 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2022
Springing ahead, but not really 2017 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 9:21 pm by Chumara

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Springing ahead, but not really 2017

3 posters

Go down

Springing ahead, but not really 2017 Empty Springing ahead, but not really 2017

Post  take-mikazuchi Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:27 pm

Hurray for no DST.

Sequels & Continuations

Attack on Titan S2 - I mean, how can I not?

Boku no Hero Academia S2 - I wasn't hype for this show, but it got immensely better the second half of the first season.

Saenai Heroine S2 - Maybe best girl will get screen time now?

Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul - Much higher appreciation for it having played one of Cygames mobile games in this universe.

The New Shit

Granblue Fantasy - Saw the first couple eps already and it's aight.

Clockwork Planet - Well, it says Drama, Sci-fi, Romance, Fantasy. The PV was interesting.

Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho - Not to be confused with what everyone probably thought of at first glance. It's still White Fox, and they've got a good track record, so yeah.

Re:Creators - I don't have a lot of confidence in studio Troyca, but Ei Aoki (Fate/zero) is the director and series composition, and music by SawanoHiroyuki:[nZk] soooooo...

Sakura Quest - P.A. Works is hit or miss. Since we've had nothing but MISS since Shirobako, it's high time for a hit.

Movies of Interest

I know I always forget about these, but that's why I refer back here to remember them later, even though we probably won't see any of these this year.

Blame!

Just watch this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwy806RC2-Q

Biohazard: Vendetta - Featuring Leon Kennedy, Chris Redfield, Rebecca Chambers an original story with the same script writer as Psycho Pass, and producer of RE4 supervising.

Total: 9. Sounds about right. I'm trying to keep my watch list down because of all the games coming out this year. Speaking of which, real quick, Thanh, you gonna get the remake of FE Gaiden? Looks great.

I feel like this season is going to be super polarizing, in that the only show anyone is going to be talking about is AoT. But that's why Rooby-kun is here to talk to me about the other stuff...right?

take-mikazuchi
Tsundere

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Springing ahead, but not really 2017 Empty Re: Springing ahead, but not really 2017

Post  Chumara Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:42 pm

This season looks kinda small, but with some big hits returning, so hopefully it'll be a short and sweet season, as I still have a very long game backlog to get through.

Sequels

Shingeki no Kyojin 2: Why are there Titans in the wall?!?!?

Boku no Hero Academia 2: This show went from a 7 to a 9 really fast in the first season, let's see if it can go higher.

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka? Gaiden: Sword Oratoria: Good show, maybe this will bring all the Hestia cosplayers back.

New Stuff

Clockwork Planet: This sounds bad, but I mean, maybe the female automaton is 2B!

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Kinki Kyouten: I'm a sucker for the magical academy shows, but more so I'm interested in seeing more LIDENFILMS works.

eromanga sensei: Sounds funny, also A-1.

Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho: Sounds kinda standard-fare, but I believe in White Fox to adapt something that's a little out of the ordinary.

Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism: Weapons, school, fighting, magic?, SILVER LINK. Let's check it out.

Sagrada Reset: David Production has a pretty good track record and the premise seems somewhat unique, I'm interested.

Fukumenkei Noise: I don't like Brains Base at all, but music involved romance is my jam, I'll give it a few.

SAKURA QUEST: I didn't read anything else but PA WORKS.

Tsuki ga Kirei: I guess it's something romantic, but the synopsis is very vague, I'd like to see what it's actually about though.

Alice to Zouroku: I'm probably going to get annoyed at something in this show...... but it has a Matilda vibe, and I like that old movie.

Hinako Note: Hey, cute girls doing cute things, finally!

FRAME ARMS GIRL: This is almost the same thing as that other show back there.

Star Mu 2: Depending on how much of the first episode is actually a musical will determine if I continue watching.

Twin Angel BREAK: Is this the closest thing to magical girl I'm getting this season? It might just be horrible though, we'll see.

Continuations

Granblue Fantasy: I'm more excited about the game Platinum is making for this series...

Little Witch Academia: This show is taking its sweet time getting anywhere........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only 19 total with possible drops????? I think that's my new record....... Where's the anime gone? Oh well, I DO need more times for games, but I hope there's more good stuff to choose from in the future.

Yes Matt, I'll always be around to talk about the dumb anime.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Springing ahead, but not really 2017 Empty Re: Springing ahead, but not really 2017

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:11 pm

Sakura Quest seems like a pretty inoffensive watch. Not amazing, but pretty pleasant.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:21 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:Sakura Quest seems like a pretty inoffensive watch. Not amazing, but pretty pleasant.

It was ok, I like her job struggle.

Tsuki ga Kirei puts me at ease, after I realize that it's one giant advertisement for LINE.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  take-mikazuchi Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:16 am

Good God Clockwork Planet ep 1 was so bad. I didn't think it was going to be one of those.

On the other hand, Sagrada Reset seemed promising. Apparently it's running 24.

take-mikazuchi
Tsundere

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:56 pm

take-mikazuchi wrote:Good God Clockwork Planet ep 1 was so bad. I didn't think it was going to be one of those.

On the other hand, Sagrada Reset seemed promising. Apparently it's running 24.

Yeah I was pretty put-off by it as well, I'll probably drop it if it doesn't get much better in the next couple of eps.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:32 pm

Despite the dodgy budget, Renai Boukun is pretty good.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:02 am

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:Despite the dodgy budget, Renai Boukun is pretty good.

I'm hoping it doesn't get too...... runny gaggy.........
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat May 06, 2017 5:10 pm

So Zestiria ended. Since you actually played the game, how would you rate the show?
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:So Zestiria ended. Since you actually played the game, how would you rate the show?

That show went so far off the rails from the game's story in the second season, and because of it, it missed a lot of points that took the game from an average-at-best game to a pretty decent game. So I'd say that good animation aside, the anime really wasn't that good....... I could go in-depth about all the problems it had, but tl;dr it became a shounen in the anime.

PS. I started played GBF, if you didn't notice me join the guild.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down