Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Interesting and Aesthetically Painful EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Interesting and Aesthetically Painful EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Interesting and Aesthetically Painful EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Interesting and Aesthetically Painful EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Interesting and Aesthetically Painful EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Interesting and Aesthetically Painful EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Interesting and Aesthetically Painful EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Interesting and Aesthetically Painful EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Interesting and Aesthetically Painful EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Interesting and Aesthetically Painful

3 posters

Go down

Interesting and Aesthetically Painful Empty Interesting and Aesthetically Painful

Post  Chumara Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:31 pm

So I was dling crap off of Tokyotosho as usual and ran into a Touhou Anime Project Trailer. I'm happy to see a Touhou anime (more or less) be made but, the art looks so god awful. I think my stomach churned watching the body dimensions change throughout frames.
Anyways I'm still happy to see such a thing be made. Go torrent and check out the trailer here
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Interesting and Aesthetically Painful Empty Re: Interesting and Aesthetically Painful

Post  roleplayfever Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:19 pm

My eyes
Spoiler:
I can not wait to see how it turns out, since I liked the games and all.
roleplayfever
roleplayfever
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-01-23

https://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=782804077

Back to top Go down

Interesting and Aesthetically Painful Empty Re: Interesting and Aesthetically Painful

Post  Ryuuka Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:56 am

I'm sorry to tell you this, Ruben, but this is so freaking old. XD

I think Maikaze started working on this like more than a year ago or something, but it's getting a release at C75. What's more, this isn't even an official project. It's simply a doujin project with a bunch of big-name seiyuus (which explains why the art and animation suck). Even ZUN isn't exactly thrilled with it.

I, for one, have really mixed feelings about this. I really think that it's great that Touhou is becoming retardedly popular, and I think that a large-scale project like this with well-known voice actresses can only help this popularity. However, I can understand exactly why ZUN never wanted an anime to be made of Touhou. Something like this takes a lot of authority away from ZUN and puts it straight into the hands of the fans (and in this case, a small group of them, no less). He's also concerned with the large percentage of fans of Touhou that *gasp* don't even play the games. These people never experience the awesomeness of the games for themselves, but rather they get it secondhand from all the other fans' portrayals of it (like this anime project). Sure, ZUN's the one that gets drunk and makes the games that everything is based on, but that's easy to forget with all of the massive amounts of doujin material flying around. The fandom can turn the series into pretty much anything it wants (like with crack pairings, WTF) and I think that's a double-edged sword. Basically, an anime will restrict peoples' views with regards to just about everything. Maikaze's portrayal of Gensokyo and all of the characters is most definitely not the same as mine, or any other individual fan's for that matter. However, once this is released, I'm sure more peoples' views of these things will be heavily influenced by it, much like how once you've watched a movie, you can't unhear or unsee the actors' voices or settings used while you're reading the book, even if that wasn't how you originally thought they would be. It'll still stick subconsciously as somewhat official, even though it's not, and that's exactly what ZUN doesn't want happening.

tl;dr: I think it will suck, but people are going to love it anyways (especially the noobs who suck at the games). Rie Tanaka is NOT how I would imagine the voice of Sakuya, though many would disagree.
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuuka Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:25 pm

So to make it easier on people who don't know the voice casting:

• Hakurei Reimu: Nakahara Mai (Rena from Higurashi)
  • Kirisame Marisa: Sawashiro Miyuki (Reika from Goshuushou)
  • Shameimaru Aya: Fujimura Ayumi (no1 I really care about, but she was Ayano Kannagi in Kaze no Stigma)
  • Ibuki Suika: Toyosaki Aki (Yoshino from Minami-ke)
  • Remilia Scarlet: Tsuji Ayumi (Kozue from Chaos Head)
  • Izayoi Sakuya: Tanaka Rie (Maria from Hayate)
  • Patchouli Knowledge: Takahashi Mikako (Ayumu from Hayate)
  • Hong Meilin: ??
  • Narrator: Inoue Kikuko (Belldandy and Sanae!)
Just for future reference, I disagree with every single casting decision made here (except for Inoue Kikuko cuz she's not actually a character, so she's fine).
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuuka Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:02 pm

Triple post yaaaaa.

So it actually does suck, or so I've heard. Good thing I'm not watching it.
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:43 am

That actually wasn't anywhere as bad as I thought it would be, the characters are still ugly but it's entertaining.
side note
Maria Holic was god awful
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down