Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Needless: Needless to say, a fun watch - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Needless: Needless to say, a fun watch - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Needless: Needless to say, a fun watch - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Needless: Needless to say, a fun watch - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Needless: Needless to say, a fun watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Needless: Needless to say, a fun watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Needless: Needless to say, a fun watch - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Needless: Needless to say, a fun watch - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Needless: Needless to say, a fun watch - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Needless: Needless to say, a fun watch

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Needless: Needless to say, a fun watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Needless: Needless to say, a fun watch

Post  Chumara Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:33 pm

I thought the animation thing was kinda funny, it was a way to exaggerate the intensity of the battle and at the same time to save money no doubt.
As far as the title spoiler goes, now that I've seen her (even with a mask on) it's freaking obvious. I think the fact that they're trying to hide it at all is supposed to be a comedic point as well. They even tell us more or less by zooming in on the eyes like twice.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Needless: Needless to say, a fun watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Needless: Needless to say, a fun watch

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:53 am

Ah 16 was pretty good, though they toned down the cruz/aruka scene. No Saten action this time for more focus on Aruka and I guess they dealt with the whole chip inside the pendant as well this time (in the manga this was handled within the first couple of chapters). Animation quality is actually good this time, so I suppose that's where the money from the Saten fight went.

Looks like flashbacks for the next episode, which is a shame because I was hoping they'd rush to the the Blade/Aruka fight.

Preview comments for the next episode was as usual, hilarious.

"I'll also need your stockings or pantsu."
"I don't have either."
"REJECTED!"
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:59 pm

Yet another good ep. I was surprised that there wasn't any catch to Aruka being evil, I thought that maybe deep down she really did care but I guess she's just a straight up douche, kinda sad really. My only wish is that Seto and Solva would accomplish more these days, it seems like they quickly lost their usefulness after near their initial entry.
Of course in the end all I was thinking the entire time was POWER OF SCIENCE!
gogo BlazBlue
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:26 pm

Yeah, Seto and Solva won't be getting useful any time soon (not at least by the end of the season).

I think they're their to establish who's a missing link Needless and who isn't (since Solva can pretty much own the killer girls).

I was more laughing at Uchida's 1 minute of him being cool before getting microwaved.

I would've preferred the yamada/aruka scene animated the way it was though.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:52 pm

Yup his arm definitely didn't come off in the anime.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:43 pm

Flash back episode 14 and pretty much goes with the manga from what I remember, still had fun moments though:

"I knew you guys were going to lose."

"Your clothes get torn as you take damage in this anime, and you're not wearing any underwear."
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:11 pm

Yeah I suppose it was meant for us to learn something from it but I'm not sure it had to last an entire episode more or less.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:16 am

Episode 18 is the king of the show, that is all.

Other observations and thoughts:
They busted out the mahjong set.

Anyways this show is starting to have more science than railgun.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:07 pm

I don't know how to feel about the Saten/Eve match up I found it entertaining, witty and hilarious but at the same time I feel like the writer was just like "Shit, how do I write this so it doesn't end by having all the good guys die here?" and made an easy way out.
Yeah Blade is finally understanding the POWER OF SCIENCE
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  roleplayfever Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:02 am

I think Saten is just playing the field in the case either side wins.
I was a little more disappointed with the Aruka/Blade, mostly because blade could have gotten the advantage earlier.
On a side note, I wonder if anyone has tagged Aruka with the line "This hand of mine is burning red"-etc.
roleplayfever
roleplayfever
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-01-23

https://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=782804077

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:01 pm

Blade isn't THAT smart, I'm not surprised it took him that long to learn the Power of Science®️.
Saten IS a smart guy, although from a logical perspective it could be true that he's trying to earn some friendly points in case his side loses, from an anime perspective there's no way in hell.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:02 pm

Chumara wrote:Blade isn't THAT smart, I'm not surprised it took him that long to learn the Power of Science®️.
Saten IS a smart guy, although from a logical perspective it could be true that he's trying to earn some friendly points in case his side loses, from an anime perspective there's no way in hell.

It's meant to show that it takes Blade work to acquire Missing Link abilities (Arclight just learns them like nothing.

As to Saten, that makes no sense. His side only has a probability of losing because HE's helping the enemy.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:28 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:As to Saten, that makes no sense. His side only has a probability of losing because HE's helping the enemy.

True.
Speaking of which the more I think about the event surrounding Saten and Eve the more enjoyable I think the plot twist is. It's actually pretty funny.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:45 pm

19 is packed with hilarity.

Also, frak they're out of SHELTER 3!!!
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:09 pm

lol I liked the crowd suppression technique.
I'm like halfway confused in what's going on with that stone at the end, but whatever, it'll become apparent soon.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:28 pm

Chumara wrote:lol I liked the crowd suppression technique.
I'm like halfway confused in what's going on with that stone at the end, but whatever, it'll become apparent soon.

That's why Arclight is the head of the Blackspot branch.

His abilities? Frak no, it's his expertise on using lolis to control the population.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:34 pm

End of flashback episode.

Many things explained, including the PF zero (I guess you are what you eat) and it looks like the epic fight resumes again next week (and by which I mean this thursday if you can understand moonspeak).

I wonder who's bright idea it was to dump the failures in a landfill as opposed to incinerating them? Also, how did Arclight get the doppelganger ability, did he eat someone along the way or something?
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:45 am

When they secretly did the Adam project after the higher ups shut them down, the Eve team was the ones put in charge of taking care of the Adam project due to their success with Eve. Since they used their doppelganger techniques to create Adam he acquired the ability, Blade didn't get them because they suppressed his Eden genes hence is why he has a high regeneration rate but not quite the doppelganger like abilities. I liked this episode more or less, I wish there was more flashback at this point because I wanna see how Blade goes emotionally from Amnesia Adam to Badass Blade.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:45 pm

Okay, the anime has officially diverted from the manga.

Before I jump the gun with judgment, lets see if this goes anywhere in the last two episodes. Hopefully, like in the manga, Seto, Solva and Uchida end up doing something.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:19 pm

So yeah ep 23...

Want to make Needless better, add tentacle rape.

Saten did... less than I'd hope for an episode about him.

Also, I don't like what I saw in the previews, in more ways than one, brings back bad memories.

Still, top notch animation this ep, I guess now is the time they splurge the budget.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:32 pm

So in the manga, Arclight does in fact fall all the way and consume all the people?
I really liked the direction the anime took, I don't know exactly how different the manga was but maybe you could enlighten me with a short synopsis. I thought that the whole plot twist with Saten was a good idea but then Arclight just came back anyways, honestly I think it would have made more sense if Arclight wasn't revived by Riru via tentacle rape, so yeah I agree the whole Saten part flew by too quickly.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:57 pm

In the manga, Arclight uses the doppleganger or whatever to eat a bunch bunch of people. The Needless crew then start attacking him and Blade manages to injure Arclight with a Little Boy. Arclight then throws a tantrum or whatever and uses the FP Zero to blow himself up (not necessarily killing him mind you), scattering the needless crew to parts unknown. Cruz wakes up with Mio and starts on his journey to find everyone Blade. The journey involves a lot of cross dressing on his part. It also reveals why Mio calls her 10 ton doll a rabbit.

I actually don't mind the original direction they took. I'm still laughing at the "Eden's seeds" part.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:38 am

So in the manga Saten doesn't really play an important part? It sounds like the show would have to go on much longer if they followed the manga from here on out and I don't think there's any plans for another season.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:36 am

He basically did everything he did in the anime up to the part where Secondaria told him to take the stairs. In the manga he is at Arclight's side when Arclight fights Blade. In other words, he's planning something but it's yet revealed what that is.

And no there were no plans.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:19 pm

So the Needless manga isn't finished?
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next