Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Kimi ni Todoke EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Kimi ni Todoke EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Kimi ni Todoke EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Kimi ni Todoke EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Kimi ni Todoke EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Kimi ni Todoke EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Kimi ni Todoke EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Kimi ni Todoke EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Kimi ni Todoke EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Kimi ni Todoke

4 posters

Go down

Kimi ni Todoke Empty Kimi ni Todoke

Post  Jamie14 Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:32 pm

I didn't see a forum up for this anime, so I figured I'd start one.

What are your guys thoughts/opinions regarding this anime?

Personally I thought that this anime was pretty good; it went along well with the manga but for some reason Sawako's low self-esteem has kind of made me depressed after every new showing that appears. Sad She has such good insight on things that are happening around her, and yet she doubts herself too much. I kind of feel sad for her (as a fictional character). Then you add in all of the misunderstandings and drama that occurs. I'm at the brink of my sanity screaming: "Just hook up with Kazehaya already!!!" )<
Oh well.... so post your thoughts and if you have any theories go ahead. ^^
Jamie14
Jamie14
Loli

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Kimi ni Todoke Empty Re: Kimi ni Todoke

Post  [DR] Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:47 pm

Just based on the title alone, you should have already known the hookup wasn't going to happen quickly, if at all (depending on the direction of adaptation).
I enjoyed it quite a bit for about the first 10 episodes, now it just kind of drags on. 24 episodes long, it's almost done.
Props to Production I.G., favorite production company. (Now to watch those Eden of the East movies...)
[DR]
[DR]
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-01-23

https://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10051425

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:48 pm

I didn't think anyone would care if I made a thread on this but I've been watching this since it came out, if I had known a girl actually posted here once in awhile I might have made the thread, but I digress...
I thought the show really took off from episode 1 pretty strong and the episodes that mainly had Sawako getting more familiar with Kazehaya including the rumor episodes were really well done, I still enjoy the show and I don't have any negative feelings towards watching it anymore but it's no longer a "I can't wait for next week" show. One thing that I enjoy no matter what is Noto Mamiko voicing Sawako, it was one of the main reasons I picked up the show cause she's my favorite seiyuu. At this point I'd like to see Sawako and Kazehaya just get together more than anything instead of focusing more on Chii's and Ayane's relationships.
And yeah Production I.G. is a really good group.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie14 Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:24 am

Oh definitely, the group behind the scenes are amazing with the productions of KnT! ^^

I don't really have negative feelings about the whole show itself, but like you said it's not one of those: "Can't wait" airings for me. I've seen other anime's/manga's do the same thing that KnT is doing now, but KnT brings it to a different level. I think its refreshing but at the same time there's just that feeling of suspense where you want it to go one way but the genre won't let it. xD

The title does give us a clue to what it'll become... *sigh* I'm just afraid they might rush the ending for a Sawako/Kazehaya relationship. In the manga it trangressed into a... mild... thing but there were still so many misunderstandings. (Trying not to spoil... it's very hard not too...) So far the anime has faithfully followed what had happened in black and white, but since the ending is near I'm wondering if they're just going to cliff-hang it.
Jamie14
Jamie14
Loli

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Well after episode 21 we've had another episode totally dealing with Chii and Tohru, that episode was kinda boring. You're right though I think there's only 3 episodes left and at this rate the Sawako-Kazehaya relationship is going to be rushed. It's not the type of series that can get a season 2 in my opinion, there's not much left to cover and if there was a Season 2 it'd just be redundant to all holy hell.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:27 am

I really liked episode 22, seriously the show is a lot better when it focuses on Sawako and less on the other girls. Of course the whole present exchange between Sawako and Kazehaya went more like this in my head at first:
Kazehaya gives present to Sawako; I think it's a bracelet
Sawako pulls out her phone "Well I already got a cooler present than that!"
The Bracelet appears on the phone; oh I see now it's actually a phone strap, now what he said when he gives it to her made sense
The Power of Science!..... is confusing to her
But did he send her his contact info via bluetooth? or did he just send her a text or test phone call or something? I'm going with bluetooth 'cause she never asked her dad what her phone number was.
It's really refreshing to see two genuinely nice people in a romantic show though, I just got done re-watching school days, regardless of how dumb all the characters all are in that show I still love it A LOT.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  [DR] Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:00 am

I'm laying it out here but 24 is definitely the best episode since the starting few episodes of this show.
Just being able to know more about these characters and the relation between character, minus all the drama that occurred in other episodes, is so much more satisfying to watch.
Final episode next week (or so we think - ova's perhaps?), what magic can be pulled to wrap this up.
[DR]
[DR]
Zashiki Warashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:11 am

Ok so there IS thread for this, anyways episode 5 in second season, SO GOOD. As much as I've loved this show I can't remember the last time I've looked forward to next week this much.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:56 am

So have they hugged yet?
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:So have they hugged yet?

Dude, they exchanged NUMBERS
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:34 pm

Chumara wrote:Dude, they exchanged NUMBERS

That's progress?

If this were a VN, with this amount of time invested, we would already be at a bad end where the protagonist laments about how he didn't get any goddamn chocolate.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741

Back to top Go down

Post  [DR] Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:19 am

Funny thing about this show is I find the relationships of the supporting cast more interesting than the main 2 characters.
[DR]
[DR]
Zashiki Warashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:20 pm

[DR] wrote:Funny thing about this show is I find the relationships of the supporting cast more interesting than the main 2 characters.

That's how I feel about Index, and that alone makes it one of my favorites. This show though I actually do like the focus on Kazehaya and Sadako the most.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  [DR] Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:22 pm

Oh btw. Live action movie released.
[DR]
[DR]
Zashiki Warashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:25 pm

Yeah I saw it back when it came out, I was actually surprised to see a Live Action that was actually good, which I haven't seen since the Death Note live actions. I think the casting for this show was pretty much right on par, with a few comments which are:
1. Sawako wasn't tall enough
2. Yoshida was actually the hottest girl in the cast

Other than that I think that they really followed the original story well and then made a nice ending, nothing to complain about.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum