Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Campanella: Use might to Villian do Justice to them all. EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Campanella: Use might to Villian do Justice to them all. EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Campanella: Use might to Villian do Justice to them all. EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Campanella: Use might to Villian do Justice to them all. EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Campanella: Use might to Villian do Justice to them all. EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Campanella: Use might to Villian do Justice to them all. EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Campanella: Use might to Villian do Justice to them all. EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Campanella: Use might to Villian do Justice to them all. EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Campanella: Use might to Villian do Justice to them all. EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Campanella: Use might to Villian do Justice to them all.

3 posters

Go down

Campanella: Use might to Villian do Justice to them all. Empty Campanella: Use might to Villian do Justice to them all.

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:05 am

OP:

Game OP:

Synopsis:
The story takes place in a trading city Ert'Aria. Leicester Maycraft is an item engineer belonging to an adventurer guild "Oasis". One night, he is at a party with his friends to see a meteor stream on the rooftop of a chapel. One meteor grazes them and hits the steeple of the chapel. There he finds a secret room and a sleeping girl. The girl wakes up and says "You must be my father!". The encounter with the mysterious girl brings an unexpected adventure to Leicester.

-MAL

Thoughts:
Lets not dance around it, this show is sickeningly cute. It's also pretty lighthearted too; no ones had to hack off any arms yet or anything. Oh, and some of the characters are named after food.

Plot wise... we don't have one yet. That said, I feel the show is pacing along fairly well with character introductions, which got about half the cast total done with. The show also does pretty well with humor, especially the Tortillas. Now to wait for the Golem. I hear (I didn't actually get anywhere in the game) the plot was dragging slow at the beginning though (as in there's nothing related to it for five quests) so hopefully that'll be fixed in the show.

As for the character themselves, well they seem to be a fairly well adjusted and fun bunch. None of them suffering from clinical depression or anything. The main draw of the game was the characters anyways.

I'll touch on the mains:

First we have Lester, the main guy, who enchants every nearby lady around him without even doing anything. Probably has something to do with the genes he got from his hot mom. He's also not dense and generally accepting of the fact that he has a harem (hopefully they'll preserve this in the show). I think he also puts bombs and lasers into pocket watches or something.

Second, we have Minette. Robot loli with probably the most shrieking voice of the cast. Calls Lester Papa. As a special doll she carries something called the Animapearl.

Third, we have Carina Verritti. Lester's childhood friend and owner of the house he lives in. Has a contract with a book that allows her to use magic and is completely deredere towards Lester.

Fourth, we have Chelsea Arcot. My favorite girl. A knight who gets lost easily and is weak against alcohol. Since Imagine is voicing her, she's got a nice soft voice. There's also other stuff, but that's pretty spoileriffic.

And finally we have Agnes Boulange. A puppeteer who's fine despite having her three meals a day consisting purely of sugar.

In closing, a nice, fun and pretty show with delicious bishoujos. We'll see how it goes at the end, but until then this is something I'll stick to.

Last edited by Tekkaman Calamity on Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Campanella: Use might to Villian do Justice to them all. Empty Re: Campanella: Use might to Villian do Justice to them all.

Post  Chumara Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:43 pm

This is not on my list, and my decision is supported by your review. You're alone on this one brah.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Campanella: Use might to Villian do Justice to them all. Empty Re: Campanella: Use might to Villian do Justice to them all.

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:00 pm

Chumara wrote:This is not on my list, and my decision is supported by your review. You're alone on this one brah.

Seems to have gathered some attention so I'm not completely alone.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:37 am

EP 2:

Four more characters introduced, and the golem. I find it kind of refreshing that the adventurers' parents aren't dead in a story. The show continues to be amusing charm and maintains its sugar rush, but I guess that's part of the charm. I think Lester is a bit too laid back though, could've used more of a panic during the beach, but that's a minor gripe since he could be much worse.

End thoughts: Where'd Lester get that gun? He had a crappy sword going into the dragon fight from what I remember in the game. Also, game was a bit more exciting, like Lester and Chelsea double blocking fireballs and stuff, but that's really a minor complaint.

edit: added show OP.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  TI83 Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:56 am

i want everyone in this show to die a painfull and tragic death its just waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy to freaking happy and im afended by it.
TI83
TI83
Tsundere

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:08 pm

And unless Thahn is still watching it, you're the only one who is.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:22 pm

Chumara wrote:And unless Thahn is still watching it, you're the only one who is.

I was just in it for the Chelsea episode, and since that passed I don't have much reason to continue. Well, I suppose I could go back for loli robot Yuko Goko, but I'm saving up my willpower for Fortune Arterial.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  TI83 Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:37 pm

i gave it up a couple weeks ago out of sheer rage at how happy everything was
TI83
TI83
Tsundere

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum