Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!: Koko. Ga. SHOUBU! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!: Koko. Ga. SHOUBU! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!: Koko. Ga. SHOUBU! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!: Koko. Ga. SHOUBU! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!: Koko. Ga. SHOUBU! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!: Koko. Ga. SHOUBU! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!: Koko. Ga. SHOUBU! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!: Koko. Ga. SHOUBU! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!: Koko. Ga. SHOUBU! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!: Koko. Ga. SHOUBU!

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!: Koko. Ga. SHOUBU! - Page 2 Empty Re: Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!: Koko. Ga. SHOUBU!

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:57 pm

Someone better get punched into space next episode.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!: Koko. Ga. SHOUBU! - Page 2 Empty Re: Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!: Koko. Ga. SHOUBU!

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:26 pm

Well I guess it's kinda better. Wrap up post tomorrow... maybe... if I'm in the mood.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:50 pm

Ahem, would you believe that they didn't pull the ending declaration by Yamoto from out of nowhere and it's an actual ending from the game?

Anyways, I'm not going to tip toe around it, this show is pretty bad, and even worse when compared to its source material. I think the problem with this show was that it didn't have enough men. Well maybe not men, but rather I think the major underlying problem is that there was such poor character utilization when you have a frak huge cast (there were 32 characters in the base game, 77 from the fan disc). I mean, would it have killed the writers to work in Koyuki's picture stories or Margit removing her eyepatch and going into berserk mode? Hell, the main characters weren't even used to a good extent with cap, moro, gakuto being relegated to support charas that hardly ever show up (gen was always a support chara, but he was awesome and the show needed more of him).

Characterization was another problem. Sliding scale of powers aside (Yuki got the worst of it), Yamoto was always described as more of a thinker than a doer, and the show just never hits that nail. To be fair I didn't think they'd work him playing Touhou a lot into the plot, so I'll give them points for that. Wanko also had like a non-existent reason for liking Yamoto.

Also the plot rather missed the entire theme of Majikoi which was the close knit bonds of friendship, well okay they KINDA talked about it at the end, but it was eschewed for cheap harem fanservice (which wasn't even that good, well except for Mayuchi's stuff, but as past posts have indicated I'm not exactly impartial) and political stuff that had no right being in this show. I mean the occasional jab with like Miyako's comment about pro-censorship groups is okay and instances like that were very well done, but as it progressed it just got pretty bad. They should've just went straight comedy and cut out the harem stuff, just make it episodic about solving problems for meal tickets with a big fight with the bad guys at the end or something or whatever. When the episode 1 and the penis episode were the best reflections of the source, that's not a good place to be in.

I guess the only good things that came out of this was that the start boosted game sales after they ported it and I'm suddenly much more intrigued about the other routes for S.

TL;DR: Go play game or read the manga (it's a much better adaptation that does a very good job at combining events from multiple routes). Also show needs more Koyuki:

edit: I forgot about the art and music. Art's okay, everyone looks like they're supposed to and I don't remember having any problems. Music, arg given that they used the H scene music, they could've gone with using some of the better bgms from the game:

And you know, Yamato's theme:
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:26 pm

Finally got around to watching the end since I'm going through my backlog right now.
Yeah this show sucked in the grand scheme of things, I was totally hyped for this show after the first episode because I thought it was going to focus on the school life and how their class fights against other classes similar to Baka Test. I'm not really sure what the over arcing plot of the game was, but you're right Thahn, the whole political plot was retarded. I think at the very least the show would have been better if it had tried to act more like Sengoku Basara (which I hope to get around to watching the movie tonight).
I hope that if the second game gets an anime that it will be done much better, and yeah you're right about boosting the popularity of the game, quite a few people on Facebook started talking about playing the game once the anime started airing.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:12 pm

Chumara wrote:I'm not really sure what the over arcing plot of the game was, but you're right Thahn, the whole political plot was retarded.

I haven't played the true route yet, only some of the character routes, but I can tell you it VERY likely ISN'T about politics.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum