Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Newcomer here with a couple of questions EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Newcomer here with a couple of questions EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Newcomer here with a couple of questions EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Newcomer here with a couple of questions EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Newcomer here with a couple of questions EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Newcomer here with a couple of questions EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Newcomer here with a couple of questions EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Newcomer here with a couple of questions EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Newcomer here with a couple of questions EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Newcomer here with a couple of questions

3 posters

Go down

Newcomer here with a couple of questions Empty Newcomer here with a couple of questions

Post  BizB Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:45 am

Hey all. I was looking for some ASU clubs to join and ended up finding this forum. I was thinking about stopping by for your meeting next week. I have a couple questions.

First of all, how many members are in the club? I just want to know what to expect at the meeting.

Second, is there any "prep work" that I need to do, as far as catching up on shows that you're currently watching? I have some free time this week, so I can probably catch up pretty easily.

Thanks for your help.

BizB
Loli

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-12-29

Back to top Go down

Newcomer here with a couple of questions Empty Re: Newcomer here with a couple of questions

Post  Ryuuka Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:07 am

I don't know if there's a meeting on the first week. You'd have to ask Chumara, as he is the only one here who actually attends meetings (lol).

As for catching up on shows, I'm pretty sure they just watch stuff from the recent season so if you aren't living under a rock you'll probably be fine.

Also, welcome to the forum. It's pretty much us 3 talking about anime here. Feel free to join in.
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Newcomer here with a couple of questions Empty Re: Newcomer here with a couple of questions

Post  Chumara Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:35 pm

Oh wow, we actually do have a meeting this Thursday the 3rd, that's weird. I don't even think school is back in session by then.....
yeah..... classes start on the 7th (Monday) so I doubt anyone will be at club on the 3rd, but feel free to stop by any other time.
The club is very relaxed and more of a social environment, people just come to hang out enjoy some anime, play games that don't involve the TV and often times do homework. Don't feel like you have to work for the club.

We keep a regularly updated list of what we've watched in club here
http://www.japanesemediasociety.com/anime/
If you want to catch up on something feel free, or suggest something else.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  BizB Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:00 pm

I'm in grad school, so I'm kind of out of touch with the regular class schedule. I just assumed that school must be starting this week haha. My mistake.

I'll definitely stop by at some point. Thanks for the info.

BizB
Loli

Back to top Go down

Post  BizB Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:11 pm

I get out of class pretty late tomorrow. What time do the meetings usually run to? I probably can't make it until 5-ish.

BizB
Loli

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:20 pm

3-6PM, do you have Facebook?
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  BizB Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:45 pm

I was able to make it for like the last half hour of the meeting. I was the redhead in the blue shirt. I only got to talk with a couple of people, but I had a pretty good time. Everyone was nice. Tons of people playing League of Legends, which I'm a big fan of. I'll be sure to bring my laptop next time.

My last class on Thursday gets out at 4:15, and I frequently have meetings when that class is over. Hopefully I'll be able to make it earlier next time. If you guys go out and get dinner next week I'll be sure to join. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Also yes, I do have a Facebook. Do you guys have a group or something?

BizB
Loli

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:55 pm

Oh I didn't know who you were, there were a few new people so I wouldn't have figured.
I was the guy running the computer on the tv.
I'll link you Facebook stuff when I get to a computer.

My Profile: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10040583
JMS Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Japanese-Media-Society/162793153803676
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  BizB Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:05 pm

Haha, I figured that was you since you were in charge of the big screen. Had a good laugh at a couple of the Space Jam vids. I'll be sure to say hi next week.

BizB
Loli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum