Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Shingeki no Kyojin - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Shingeki no Kyojin - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Shingeki no Kyojin - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Shingeki no Kyojin - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Shingeki no Kyojin - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Shingeki no Kyojin - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Shingeki no Kyojin - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Shingeki no Kyojin - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Shingeki no Kyojin - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Shingeki no Kyojin

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Shingeki no Kyojin - Page 3 Empty Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post  Chumara Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:16 am

Solid ending as expected. I usually only really have a lot of thoughts on shows where I have issues with it, but I really just liked this show every step of the way, can't complain about anything. Show of the year 10/10
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:57 am

The first half was marked by lack of animation and glacial pacing. The second half is where things got weird. On the one hand there was a stark increase in budget, but on the other hand episodes started to be stretched out with either long fights (good) or fillers. The fillers themselves varied, though I'm not an opponent. The corpse filler was done very well and helped press in the overall theme of the story. Marlowe's filler was less appealing, since it leads to a completely different message (though Shingeki is a story of despair, sacrifice and perseverance, not corruption, so it's not important). The ending was mixed, on the one hand longer and expanded fight scenes was a plus. Characterizations however suffered (though probably because there wasn't any to begin with so the writers just made up random stuff). Erin's super mode is also a contentious point for me, if only because I don't know how it's going to work as we get further along the story. The curtain closing itself also could've been handled much much better, but I guess they're trying to leave a conclusive yet open ending in case plans for a sequel falls through.

Otherwise a solid and enjoyable watch, I give it a A-. Probably would've bumped to an A were it not for the source.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:10 pm

The only "glacial pacing" I felt throughout the entire show was the boulder arc, which only spanned about 3 episodes if I remember correctly. I never noticed a lack of budget, as far as quality of animation was concerned, but since there was decidedly more action in the second half, I could agree that there was more budget spent in terms of movement and thus more scenes having to be drawn, but I generally wouldn't bitch about anime quality unless we got a Beach Ball Cabbage or Toei faces.
I'm guessing you read the manga, so you'd be able to pick out what was filler and whatnot, but I'm glad you're not saying they were bad.
I was also told that the show ended a little differently than the manga, would you be able to fill me in on what happened differently?
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:27 pm

Chumara wrote:The only "glacial pacing" I felt throughout the entire show was the boulder arc, which only spanned about 3 episodes if I remember correctly. I never noticed a lack of budget, as far as quality of animation was concerned, but since there was decidedly more action in the second half, I could agree that there was more budget spent in terms of movement and thus more scenes having to be drawn, but I generally wouldn't bitch about anime quality unless we got a Beach Ball Cabbage or Toei faces.
Are you forgetting our old friend shaky frames and speed lines? Granted, that only jarred me because of how pretty everything else was. Also the purple brick road, whatever happened there.

I'm guessing you read the manga, so you'd be able to pick out what was filler and whatnot, but I'm glad you're not saying they were bad.
Yeah, I'm not vehemently 1:1 or it sucks. As long as the filler can contribute to the story, I don't really have a problem with it.

I was also told that the show ended a little differently than the manga, would you be able to fill me in on what happened differently?
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/101152/shingeki-no-kyojin_ch33_by_tdx/27

Start there and read till the end of the chapter (note they added basically half of the next chapter into the final ep, but left out the major stuff).

Basically, Eren doesn't go into super mode.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:39 am

Spoilers started happening quickly, but I get what you mean. It really doesn't change anything though.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: