Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
What would you do with the Death Note? EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
What would you do with the Death Note? EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
What would you do with the Death Note? EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
What would you do with the Death Note? EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
What would you do with the Death Note? EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
What would you do with the Death Note? EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
What would you do with the Death Note? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
What would you do with the Death Note? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
What would you do with the Death Note? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

What would you do with the Death Note?

+11
Kohaku
Tarayaki
Ryuuka
Chingon-kun
inuchan01
Tekkaman Calamity
CattieBrie
Kaelessin
roleplayfever
Dan Faye
WildKard
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What would you do with the Death Note? Empty What would you do with the Death Note?

Post  WildKard Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:34 am

Basic question but might require a bit of thought for some. Basically, if you found the Death Note and discovered how it worked, what would you use it for? Would you try to change/rule the world like Light, use it for personal gain, or kill off all the people who dare cross you? Would you even use it at all? Would you give it back to the Shinigami and tell it to go away? Would you burn it? Would you tell anyone that you had it?
WildKard
WildKard

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

What would you do with the Death Note? Empty Re: What would you do with the Death Note?

Post  Dan Faye Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:41 pm

Become the BEST assassin in the world!
Dan Faye
Dan Faye

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

What would you do with the Death Note? Empty Re: What would you do with the Death Note?

Post  roleplayfever Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:17 pm

First I would rip out all of the pages, then I would go to stores that sell address books (stores in different states/countries of course). Next I would replace some of the pages from various address books with the death note pages. Then watch the catastrophe unfold on the news.
roleplayfever
roleplayfever
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-01-23

https://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=782804077

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaelessin Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:15 pm

roleplayfever wrote:First I would rip out all of the pages, then I would go to stores that sell address books (stores in different states/countries of course). Next I would replace some of the pages from various address books with the death note pages. Then watch the catastrophe unfold on the news.

hmmmm . . .deliciously insidious!! i love it!!! First things first . . . we gotta get rid of some elected officials and all that then of course there's the mercenary/hit man career though the long range bit is rather a disappointment no?
Kaelessin
Kaelessin
Loli

Number of posts : 16
Location : Right behind you wating to scare the living daylights out of you

http://www.public.asu.edu/~nhursh

Back to top Go down

Post  CattieBrie Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:11 pm

Jeez Kaelessin, You are just like Light.

I personally would not use the Death Note for immediate gratification and revenge. I might use it to threaten but never to actually kill (I know, I know, what a killjoy...right?).

You all are much too devious for me. Tee Hee Laughing . I am kinda glad I am on Kaelessin's side (I hope).
CattieBrie
CattieBrie
Loli

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-01-24

https://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10058024

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:40 pm

I'd probably return the thing, though not before enjoying a conversation with the shinigami (even if I won't remember any of it). I mean the thing would confirm the existence of heaven and hell, and using it bars you from both. This is not a bad thing if you knew for certain you were going to hell (and thus are more inclined to use the note), but I'd like to chance at my end destination.

Then again, there is the temptation of getting rid of GONZO.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741

Back to top Go down

Post  inuchan01 Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:34 am

Kaelessin wrote:
roleplayfever wrote:First I would rip out all of the pages, then I would go to stores that sell address books (stores in different states/countries of course). Next I would replace some of the pages from various address books with the death note pages. Then watch the catastrophe unfold on the news.

hmmmm . . .deliciously insidious!! i love it!!! First things first . . . we gotta get rid of some elected officials and all that then of course there's the mercenary/hit man career though the long range bit is rather a disappointment no?
One would think that you'd get yourself killed over such a career, given as you'd have no ACTUAL assassin skills with which to protect yourself... Razz

I think I'd start writing random initials in it, just to see what would happen. >.>

inuchan01
Loli

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Chingon-kun Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:45 am

Hmm, I'd probably use it to kill with conditions, I think Light's biggest mistake was first going on a rampage by killing a bunch of criminals by causing them heart attacks. Oh yeah, who wouldn't notice that?! I'm certainly not smarter than Light, but I'm glad he's a precedent. So then, I would try to follow in Light's footsteps, just only with more broadness and detail in the way killings are done so that no one may suspect a thing that someone is killing criminals by causing them heart attacks. Also I wouldn't dare to kill someone who taunts me on TV. Heheheh.
Chingon-kun
Chingon-kun
Loli

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuuka Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:55 am

Well you know the entire reason why he killed off criminals with only heart attacks in the first place was so that people would notice him... so your point is kinda off. Sheesh and I'm not even a Death Note fan anymore -_-.

That aside, I'd probably keep it just to converse with the death god that comes with it.
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  CattieBrie Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:47 am

inuchan01 wrote:
One would think that you'd get yourself killed over such a career, given as you'd have no ACTUAL assassin skills with which to protect yourself... Razz

I think I'd start writing random initials in it, just to see what would happen. >.>

I don't really know since I have only seen one full Death Note episode and large chunks of the movie, doesn't the possessor of the Death Note have to have a clear mental picture of their victim and a malicious intent to harm them, so therefore writing random initials would do nothing? Question
CattieBrie
CattieBrie
Loli

Number of posts : 28

https://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10058024

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:09 am

CattieBrie wrote:
inuchan01 wrote:

I don't really know since I have only seen one full Death Note episode and large chunks of the movie, doesn't the possessor of the Death Note have to have a clear mental picture of their victim and a malicious intent to harm them, so therefore writing random initials would do nothing? Question

You don't need an intent to harm, but you need a mental image and, I'm pretty sure, the full name.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaelessin Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:34 pm

Chingon-san wrote:Hmm, I'd probably use it to kill with conditions, I think Light's biggest mistake was first going on a rampage by killing a bunch of criminals by causing them heart attacks. Oh yeah, who wouldn't notice that?! I'm certainly not smarter than Light, but I'm glad he's a precedent. So then, I would try to follow in Light's footsteps, just only with more broadness and detail in the way killings are done so that no one may suspect a thing that someone is killing criminals by causing them heart attacks. Also I wouldn't dare to kill someone who taunts me on TV. Heheheh.

yeash we all saw that light made his mistake there but he had something of an ego problem which made being noticed more important than being smart . . .typical eh? "pride comes before the fall"
Kaelessin
Kaelessin
Loli

Number of posts : 16
Location : Right behind you wating to scare the living daylights out of you

http://www.public.asu.edu/~nhursh

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarayaki Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:03 pm

I'd do exactly what Light did... only better. I'd win in the end.
Tarayaki
Tarayaki
Loli

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-01-27

http://wingheart.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kohaku Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:13 pm

I'd kill off world leaders, company CEO's and wealthy people in order to throw the world into chaos. Then I'd rise out of the chaos to become ruler of the world! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Either that or kill Uwe Boll.
Kohaku
Kohaku
Loli

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  HentaiTentacleDemon Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:11 am

One word.

WeeGee
HentaiTentacleDemon
HentaiTentacleDemon
Tsundere

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post  Kohaku Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:18 am

Isn't he already dead?
Kohaku
Kohaku
Loli

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  The Lionheart Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:31 am

I'd have someone rich to send me a DS and all of their bank account numbers to a random P.O. Box before having them die in either their sleep, or in an embarassing fashion. Like with a prostitute in a hotel with a rubber duck in his mouth wearing power ranger underwear or something
The Lionheart
The Lionheart
Yandere

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

What would you do with the Death Note? Empty Depends

Post  GameSage Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:46 am

If I gathered enough guts to use it...then I'd probably think about what I'd define a "good" person as and then follow what Light did without trying to challenge a super genious who would back me into a corner.
I'd probably also make that Shinigami deal cause honestly I think that halfing your life thing is bull cause (Spoiler...then again who HASN'T finished Death Note?) Misa lived throught the whole damn series.
I think I might use it selfishly at times too...like if I got pulled over by a cop and forgot my lisence...nooo...mabey...ergh, i hate it when my concious comes into play...i'd kill that first with the death note!
GameSage
GameSage
Yandere

Number of posts : 115

http://www.gamesage.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aoi_eternity09 Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:14 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't know what to do with it. I guess I'd either burn it or write down names like Paris Hilton or someone similar. Most likely, I'd burn it though.

Aoi_eternity09
Loli

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:15 pm

Honestly....I'd use it once, cry a bunch, and then burn it.

Back to top Go down

Post  GameSage Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:43 pm

Manusi Tyto wrote:Honestly....I'd use it once, cry a bunch, and then burn it.
Would you really just burn it though? I mean wouldn't it depend on who you used it on? (Not critiziing just asking)
GameSage
GameSage
Yandere

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:00 pm

Naw, I'm a softie. Even if I used it on Paris Hilton, I'd feel awful about having the power to end a life, as useless or evil as the life in question is.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:28 am

Manusi Tyto wrote:Honestly....I'd use it once, cry a bunch, and then burn it.

You know, you'd already be not going anywhere after using the thing. So you might as well use it as much as possible after the first kill.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  GameSage Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:20 am

Manusi Tyto wrote:Naw, I'm a softie. Even if I used it on Paris Hilton, I'd feel awful about having the power to end a life, as useless or evil as the life in question is.
Well then taking that into account, wouldn't it be easier for you to just give it to someone else? Or for more noble intentions make sure no one else can use it?
If I decided not to use it, I might keep it just to have the Shinigami shadow me. It'd be awesome if it was Ryuk! Although I really wish you could trade part of your life for wings...that'd be awesome.
GameSage
GameSage
Yandere

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:20 pm

I think it's a terrible power to have, so I would definitely not give it to anyone else. I'm a little hateful though. I was never a fan of Light's little crusade from the beginning, but it was pretty intense to read about anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next