Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Winter 2020 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Winter 2020 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Winter 2020 EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Winter 2020 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Winter 2020 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Winter 2020 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Winter 2020 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Winter 2020 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Winter 2020 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Winter 2020

2 posters

Go down

Winter 2020 Empty Winter 2020

Post  take-mikazuchi Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:32 pm

I know I skipped posting last season, but meh. Happens. This upcoming season is going to be quite light and easy for me despite there being over 35 shows on the chart.

Continuing/Ongoing Seasons

Boku no Hero Academia - Still going strong, still really good, still better than Nanatsu no Taizai.

FGO Babylonia - It's very obvious that the studio quality is lacking compared to ufotable, but since I already played this story in the game, it's good background while I matchmake in games or grind mobile game stuff.

Haikyuu To the Top - Been a while since I saw the last season. Couldn't tell you what happened, but it's more or less obligation at this point. Kuroko's basketball still better.

The New Shows

pet - Sounds fairly interesting. There's a lot they could do here, and a lot they could confuse everyone with.

Plunderer - I saw the PV for this a while back and it looked alright. Cool concept although it reminds me of the really crap movie "In Time."

Darwin's Game - Dangerous social app that puts your life on the line? Sounds like that incredibly shitty movie "Nerve." But meh, this is anime sooooo worth a shot.

Nekopara - Never played the game, but much like a certain beeitch, I must know.

Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumeishitemita - Or RikeKoi for short. Again, saw the PV a while back and it kinda stuck.

The Maybes

Somali to Mori no Kamisama - The setting actually looks really cool. I just hope it isn't like the Ancient Magus' Bride. That show did nothing for me.

ID: Invaded - From what I gather, it sounds similar to Subete ga F ni naru which was an incredible show. It also has Ei Aoki (FMA:B) directing it so should be worth a look.

Runway de Waratte - I know nothing about the modeling and fashion world but the synopsis seems solid enough. The PV gave off some... odd vibes.

So yeah, 11 if I watch everything. Easy. With some top tier games coming this year, I'm really trying to keep it under 15 shows per season.

take-mikazuchi
Tsundere

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Winter 2020 Empty Re: Winter 2020

Post  Chumara Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:59 am

I thought we had done a list last season, but I guess not. Ok how do I keep this list low.......
WHAT THE FUCK THERE'S SO MUCH FURRY SHIT....... keeping this short actually might not be that hard.

Continuations
Ahiru no Sora: It's getting better.
Boku no Hero Academia 4: Still awesome, I guess character development needs to happen some time, but I wonder why Red Riot got two eps pretty close to each other.
Chihayafuru 3: Also still awesome.
Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia: My enjoyment of this show is proportional to the amount of Rin-ishtar there is.
Kabukicho Sherlock: This show is also getting better, but it could rebound back to the first 6 eps' quality really easily if it doesn't keep on keeping on.
Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin: I'm waiting for this to finish so I can marathon it, so it doesn't really count.
Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode Oracle: Animation quality aside, the story adaptation has been spot-on, so I'm really enjoying it.

Sequels
Bang Dream Season 3: I liked season 2 quite a bit more than season 1, so let's see if it can uphold the trend.
Haikyuu!! TO THE TOP: Boy I hope they do a recap episode or something.
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T: More Index-adjacent material is what I'm always looking for.

New Stuff
22/7: I could very easily drop this after an ep.
Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na!: It's been awhile since I've seen a Genshiken-esque show, so maybe this'll be good, but the animation from the key visual seems wacky.
Hatena Illusion: Seems interesting.
ID: INVADED: This seems wild
Infinite Dendrogram: SO IS IT ISEKAI OR NOT?!?!
Itai no wa Iya nanode Bogyo-Ryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu: I'm not going to explain myself.
Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun: This doesn't actually sound interesting but I'll give it a shot for Lerche.
Koisuru Asteroid: I already watched episode 1, they abandoned 3/4ths the plot in the first 5 minutes but it's just a cute slice of life show so it doesn't matter.
Kyokou Suiri: This synopsis doesn't make any sense, but the genre tags are all what I want..... but Brains Base though ewwww.
Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden: I'm putting this here because it's not a sequel.
pet: Why are these names so stupid Japan?
Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumeishitemita.: This sounds perfect.

Shorts
Heya Camp: Why did Yuru Camp's sequel become a short?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This actually didn't end up being so bad, some notes about some shows I didn't list:

Darwin's Game - I'll have to hear from someone if this ends up being good, but Ousama Game left a real bad taste in my mouth.

Housekisho Richard-shi no Nazo Kantei - This just oozes the kind of show that could end up being well-written, but I'll only probably check it out if I drop a bunch of stuff.

Kuutei Dragons - I'm also curious about this, but it seems really bland from the synopsis, I'll have to hear about this from anyone watching.

number24 - I watched a Rugby anime a few seasons ago, forget the name of it, but it was so bad after a few episodes, but I'm willing to chalk that up to the studio if I hear this one ends up good, and I'll check it out.

Runway de Waratte - Matt tell me if this is worth it when we're halfway into the season.

WHY IS THERE SO MUCH FURRY SHIT HOLY FUCK
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  take-mikazuchi Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:38 am

First impressions on what I've seen so far.

Darwin's Game - Sooo, this is actually closer to being like btooom than it is ousama game. But it's BR among a normal setting instead of a dedicated island. They did a trope at the end of ep 1 that I fucking hate, but other than that I actually kinda enjoyed it.

ID Invaded - It's an info dump like I expected. Buncha terminology right off the bat that they don't explain, but I get what they're doing. Seems cool.

pet - Now this shit was confusing and hard to follow. If this ends up running more than 12 I'm out.

Plunderer - Another trope I don't like. Since I doubt you'll watch this one ruben, I'll give you the rundown of ep 1. Main girl's mom gets sucked into the abyss because her "count" dropped to 0. That's apparently what happens if you hit 0. She hands main girl a big marble with the number 10k and says to find the legendary Ace. Five years pass and she arrives in a town looking for him. Gets a weirdo in a mask rubbing her legs and doing all sorts of lewd shit asking for money. Gets stepped on by (supposed) employer who runs a mobile tavern. Main girl explains to them what she's doing, they tell her the Ace doesn't exist. Pompous military dude overhears this and pretends to be the Ace and draws main girl into the fort (because she's hella dumb). Quick note: a person with a lower "count" cannot disobey an order from someone with a higher one. Military guy has 320 and main girl has 441. He forces her into a duel in which you wager your "count" and the loser drops to 1 while the other gets the difference. So military douche gets 440 added to his 320 and is about to engage in rapey time when suddenly the masked weirdo breaks in and pulls out a sword with 57k and challenges military douche to a duel. Ep ends. Somehow this was still more enjoyable than that shitty movie In Time. So what determines a "count" is different with each person. The big boobed tavern owner's count goes up when someone says "delicious" and goes down if they say "gross." Main girl's count is distance walked. 100 km = 1 count. How it goes down, they haven't said yet.

Somali and the Forest Spirit - So this show is actually good. I don't know why you wouldn't pick this one up. In terms of artistic fantasy, it definitely gives off ghibli kind of vibes.

Nekopara - Exactly what you'd expect. Furry girls that act like cats. I'm not actually going to watch this thru. I just wanted to confirm exactly what it was going to be. Since you hate furry shit more than I do and I don't wanna watch this dumb garbage, I don't blame you for the hard pass.

take-mikazuchi
Tsundere

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:27 pm

Man, a real conversation here.

I actually liked ID Invaded, although it was kinda hard to follow, and I'm still not sure exactly how they're able to find these murderer brain dimensions.

I didn't like pet, at all, I'm dropping it, not at all what I was hoping for.

I think I would watch Darwin's Game if I had more time, but it's a good season to try and slim down a little extra because I'm back to commuting 2 hours a day and I actually have to be at the job for the full 8 hours so I'm not getting as much free time.

plunderer, I'd probably watch too, but not going to for the same reason's as Darwin.

I actually spoke with Mark about Somali and he already convinced me to pick it up so I'll get on it once I get through my current backlog.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  take-mikazuchi Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:34 pm

BNHA 15/25 - And now for that lull period where not a lot happens because character development

Ace of the D 42/52 - I'd like to think the summer tournament will take up the next 10 eps, but I'm sure there will be an Act II part 2. Dammit.

FGO 15/21 - Like, I already played this arc in the game so not a lot of new stuff here. I really wish this animation was by ufotable

Haikyuu 3/13 - Good to see them already progressing the main character's power level

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ID Invaded 5/13 - This show is still weird. I get what's going on, but I really wish I'd get some exposition on what an id well is and how they came about with this kind of technology. This feels like another one of those shows where they're like, "here's things going on, you are just the spectator"

Plunderer 3/24 - Actually it's probably good if you've got too much other stuff on the list. This show is so ungodly dumb. Apparently it's one of Samantha's favorite series of all time, almost higher than yu yu Hakusho. This show feels a lot like Gintama, which I don't like.

Runway de Waratte 3/- - You would actually like this one I'm pretty sure. It's decent.

Babylon 12/12 - I'm not sure if you finished this yet, but god, my praise for this show was suddenly for naught after the last 4 episodes. That ending was so ass.

Darwin's Game 4/11 - This is already leagues better than Ousama Game. But we'll see.

RikeKoi 4/12 - This show is the definition of well timed humor. I even got Brandi to watch this with me and she found it hilarious. Easily my favorite new show of the season.

Somali and the Forest Spirit 2/12 - The wholesome slice of life show in a fantasy setting. Not sure where I rank this one yet, but out of 10 shows it's in the upper half for sure.

take-mikazuchi
Tsundere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down