Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Introductions '09 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Introductions '09 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Introductions '09 EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Introductions '09 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Introductions '09 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Introductions '09 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Introductions '09 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Introductions '09 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Introductions '09 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Introductions '09

+9
gemini09
[DR]
NaraGW
SheikAVC
ertyu
Chumara
Tekkaman Calamity
Ryuuka
Wontonbear
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Introductions '09 Empty Introductions '09

Post  Wontonbear Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:28 pm

Hello! My name's Thomas and I was looking for something to do between my classes this spring. I like playing all types of games, but mostly pc games. I'm not great at fighting games like guilty gear but I still enjoy playing them as long as there someone to play against Razz I've watched and read a fair amount of anime and manga. I'm somewhat blunt so bare with me. My personality type, as I've recently found out from a personality test, is INTP. I'll stop by and check it out.

If you're bored you can take the test at: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

From my experience it's rather accurate and it's something to do Razz The descriptions of the types are pretty entertaining.

Last edited by Wontonbear on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added an s on introduction ._.)

Wontonbear
Loli

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Introductions '09 Empty Re: Introductions '09

Post  Ryuuka Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:57 am

If you don't know me, you probably will soon. That test says I'm an ISTJ. I play a handful of fighting games and bullet hell shooters, but I also have a high affinity for strategy and sRPGs. As of 5 minutes ago, I've only spent a modest 51.8 days of my life watching anime (currently working on it, but this new season is so bad).

I also have a hard time sleeping during normal hours. I'm also a legal member of the JMS now that I'm actually going to ASU again.

http://en.akinator.com/ if you want to waste time. I tried about 20 characters and he got about 15 of them right.
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:29 pm

You pretty much have to know me at some point, seeing as how right now I am boss

I play a couple of fighters, but I mostly stick around TBS or RTS games, although I do enjoy SRPGs and the occasional RPG. According to that test, I am a ISTJ.

Last edited by Tekkaman Calamity on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:39 pm

I'm Ruben I'll be getting to club late this semester cause I have a class till 4:15 on Thursdays but you might see me, either way I have no patience for that quiz. Until next time.....
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  ertyu Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:16 am

Hi everyone! My name is Anthony, and I'll be stopping by next Thursday if it's okay with everyone. I'm a third year and I just found out about the club so I'm pretty excited to stop by! My interests are probably the same as everyone, though I'd whoop anyone in a round of Street Fighter 2! Very Happy
Anyways, hope to see you guys around.

ertyu
Loli

Registration date : 2009-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:56 pm

OMG So many new people, uhhhhh
Don't meetings not start till 5th?
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:27 am

Chumara wrote:OMG So many new people, uhhhhh
Don't meetings not start till 5th?

yeah
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  SheikAVC Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:50 am

Intros '09 o.o;; sure..
I"m Andrea, been going to the club...more for a year now, though I'm pretty quiet and I slip in after 4pm due to classes finishing at 4:15. Other then that, I'm found in the MU arcade Tuesday/Thursday after noon to 2:45pmish, so drop by and say hi, chat, show off, spazz, or rant about anime/video games, I don't mind at all. Hmm, what else to say....I like action/adventure anime genres (well, as a favorite, my range of anime genre collection varies so much) and almost the same with video games, I like my fighting and rpgs games. Though you would never see me talk about Halo cause I miss out on Xbox, but I grew up with Nintendo and still hook....hmm, I guess I'll end this saying, Comicon was fun ^__^
SheikAVC
SheikAVC
Loli

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-01-23

http://sheikavc.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ertyu Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:33 pm

Oh were you at comic con San Diego this year? I was as well! Were you there when Kojima was signing autographs? I was so happy to snag one :3
Since there was no meeting this week I guess I'll see you all next week!

ertyu
Loli

Registration date : 2009-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post  NaraGW Fri May 01, 2009 10:46 pm

Awww . . . there's no glomp smiley. No Aw, well. My name is Nathina, but Natt is fine. I'm going to be a freshmen next year starting in August of 2009; I'll be studying chemical engineering on the tempe campus. It's weird, I'm a weird person, but I'm really looking forward to checking out the JMS if I have time. I really like anime; unfortunately, growing up in a small town has left me with no friends intrested in anime. Crying or Very sad I hope this isn't rude, but I really wanted to get to know some of the members of JMS and I hope to join JMS if I'm welcomed. Very Happy

I'm currently into th anime Ouran High School Host Club, but I also like Deathnote, Karin, Sukisho, Gravitation, Naruta, Inu Yasha, Honey and Clover, and many more! My first anime was Yu Yu Hakusho (X3). I also read a lot of manga, too. I'm currently working on a Ouran Host Club simulation (RP) service website called The Third Music Room. I also do a lot of drawing and creating AMV's. I've never cosplayed, but I would like to!

Well, that's all, lol! , I hope to see you at JMS soon!

Bai Bai!
Natt, live from Tama World!

Last edited by NaraGW on Mon May 04, 2009 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
NaraGW
NaraGW
Loli

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-05-01

http://thethirdmusicroom.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat May 02, 2009 2:40 am

Welcome, I'm Ruben and you should run for President of the club 'cause I don't know if we have one or not.
I'm going to try and attend some meetings in the fall so I may or may not see you.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  NaraGW Sat May 02, 2009 2:13 pm

Hiya Ruben, I hope I do get a chance to meet you later this fall. I'm sorry to hear about the current situation with the club president. I hope you find one soon, I used to organize and run events for the Future Business Leaders of America at my school, boy was that hard work. So if you need any help I'll be glad to help. I love coordinating club events and such. It makes me feel like Kyouya, Wink , lol. My role in the clubs at my school were mostly organizing things and doing technical designs like DVD's, movies, presentations, and logo desings. I hope I can offer some of my skills to JMS if you need it. Let me know.

Bai Bai!
bounce
NaraGW
NaraGW
Loli

Back to top Go down

Post  [DR] Mon May 04, 2009 5:41 pm

Chumara wrote:Welcome, I'm Ruben and you should run for President of the club 'cause I don't know if we have one or not.
I'm going to try and attend some meetings in the fall so I may or may not see you.

Perhaps if you had actually attended the meeting you would know.
In any case, it was decided at the last meeting that I would become President for at least the next semester, hopefully year.
Since most people don't know my name, the name is Tony. Surely people will pick up on this whenever they decide to browse these boards.
As far as I know, Sophie is still going to be club VP and right now we're trying to work things out to try and get a club sponsor.
[DR]
[DR]
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 201

https://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10051425

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Mon May 04, 2009 8:15 pm

Interesting, in retrospect I do remember hearing something about this, I'd definitely have attended had my schedule had not sucked. I'm going to try to make my schedule more agreeable to being able to attend meetings for next semester.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon May 04, 2009 8:50 pm

Hello, I'm Thanh. You probably won't be seeing me around due to scheduling. Anyways, if you like coordinating events, you may want to talk to the replacement boss about filling in for... events coordinator. We never did replace Gabe when he got out. That reminds me, did someone ever get the money from Riley or am I going to have to mug him later?
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  NaraGW Tue May 05, 2009 4:33 pm

I'm glad you resolved the whole president crisis and I'm glad to meet you Tony. I hope to see you and VP Sophie next year. It's also a pleasure to meet you Thanh; sorry to hear about your scheduling conflict, but maybeI'll meet you one day, lol.

As for the whole event coordinater, I don't mind helping out as an event coordinater if nobody else wants the role. I don't mind just helping out the event coordinater either. It's really up to president Tony and the other members; after all I'm the newbie here, lol, but I'm game if you need me. Smile

Bai Bai; once again,
NaraGW
NaraGW
Loli

Back to top Go down

Post  [DR] Tue May 05, 2009 8:33 pm

Thanh, will we be needing the previous Advisor's signature?
[DR]
[DR]
Zashiki Warashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed May 06, 2009 8:59 am

D.R. wrote:Thanh, will we be needing the previous Advisor's signature?

Apparently we will, let me know when you've found a new adviser and I'll try and sort out the details of the old one's signature.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed May 13, 2009 9:01 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
D.R. wrote:Thanh, will we be needing the previous Advisor's signature?

Apparently we will, let me know when you've found a new adviser and I'll try and sort out the details of the old one's signature.

Neverwind, the old signature is not required.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Introductions '09 Empty hey all.

Post  gemini09 Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:35 am

sooooo im up late as usual bored as anything and i happened upon the facebook group for this club...which initially got me excited until i realized it was dead lol. but then i found this forum and was happy again...and its marginally better since people havent stopped posting COMPLETELY but...still.

my name is baghera(ba-geh-ra). ill be a freshman this fall at ASU and would very much like to be involved with all the other anime/manga loving students out there. problem is im a professional flight major on Poly campus and it seems that i have class till 4pm on Thursdays...so yea. Sad
anyways im into Bleach, Death Note, Code Geass, FMA, Haruhi, Soul Eater, Naruto and a bunch of others.
i like video games, hit me up on xbox live(bjet 1) if your interested in getting wooped in halo 3 Cool .
and im a band geek(trumpet) tongue
that pretty much sums it up.
hope to get to know you guys and have some fun!
gemini09
gemini09
Loli

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:21 am

Welcome, hopefully it's people like you who are interested that will keep this club from perishing.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuuka Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:22 am

Hey, nice to see a new face every once in a while. This board has basically been reduced to a chatroom for me, Ruben, and Thanh. You're more than welcome to join in on any conversations, though. I'm sure when club starts up again next semester, some more people might start posting.
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Locke Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:46 am

Hey, my name's Jason. I'm not new to ASU, but I'm new to clubs. I have a pretty busy schedule, but I'm going to attempt to work this into it somehow. I shot an email to your club email and the reply told me about the forum so I figured I'd join it.

Locke
Loli

Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:11 am

Wow, we didn't even do the tabling yet and we already got two new members. It's a freakin' RUSH! Welcome BTW Locke.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  [DR] Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:53 pm

Curious on who was the one that checked the email, like who has login permissions to it.
It definitely wasn't me that responded.
[DR]
[DR]
Zashiki Warashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down