Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou: Biri Biri!!! EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou: Biri Biri!!! EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou: Biri Biri!!! EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou: Biri Biri!!! EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou: Biri Biri!!! EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou: Biri Biri!!! EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou: Biri Biri!!! EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou: Biri Biri!!! EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou: Biri Biri!!! EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou: Biri Biri!!!

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou: Biri Biri!!! Empty To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou: Biri Biri!!!

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:16 pm

Summary: Spinoff of To Aru Majutsu no Index about the level 5 Electromaster known as Misaka Mikoto aka Railgun aka Biri Biri.

Well subs by Ayako are out and with a lousy quality, but beggers can't be choosers. Anyways enough with complaining, the show pretty much is the single most highly anticipated show this season.

For me, it pretty much met expectations. Looks good (can't wait for mkvs) and had a good mix of action, comedy, and no needless speeches yet. It looks like JC Staff might be doing things a little differently from the manga, characters are being introduced faster and the crepes part played out differently, but nothing too drastic.

In summary:
Good: Biri Biri
Bad: Could use more Biri Biri
Highlights: Shower scene, CG coin

Last edited by Tekkaman Calamity on Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou: Biri Biri!!! Empty Re: To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou: Biri Biri!!!

Post  Ryuuka Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:24 pm

Thanh already beat me to the thread-making...

Oh well, this is the only show I'm planning on watching this season, so I hope it picks up (rather I'm pretty sure it'll pick up as long as they stick with the source material).
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou: Biri Biri!!! Empty Re: To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou: Biri Biri!!!

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:30 pm

Ryuuka wrote:Thanh already beat me to the thread-making...

Oh well, this is the only show I'm planning on watching this season, so I hope it picks up (rather I'm pretty sure it'll pick up as long as they stick with the source material).

Well I am crazy for ze Railgun. I'm just kind of annoyed that there wasn't enough title space for me to put, "Conserve electricity and be power smart!"
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuuka Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:44 pm

Well at least they got all of the exposition done with this episode. Hopefully that just leaves the rest of the series being great.

Oh and btw:
To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou: Biri Biri!!! Snapshot20091003031756
Those two look familiar.
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:42 am

WTB Shana OVA
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:52 pm

The frak, of all the shows, Railgun wasn't available for club?
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:01 am

Did the club even ever finish Index?
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  [DR] Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:33 pm

No, only though 7 last year and haven't 'continued' it as it requires a start from ep 1 again.
Is there really a point to go through Railgun when Index wasn't finished?
[DR]
[DR]
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-01-23

https://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10051425

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:58 pm

Well I'm not too sure at the moment but so far I'm thinking that the show can be viewed without previously seeing Index just cause it's a spinoff so you can take as Railgun being the main character in a way if you don't know anything about Index the main show. I think you guys should show it sometime, I'm also trying to figure out when's the next time I can skip my late thursday class so I can go to club.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:00 pm

Well since Railgun takes place before the Accelerator arc, it's not like anyone who hasn't watched Index will be spoiled or anything.

edit: also, it barely even connects to the main story.

Last edited by Tekkaman Calamity on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:34 pm

Ep 2 is out.

Wait, isn't that the frakking manga epilogue, what's it doing as episode 2? That's not to say that I didn't enjoy it, but I wonder what's the finish for the show is going to be?

That said, loli biri biri is win.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:51 am

Can't you ever just not read the manga so that you can enjoy the anime without being spoiled?
Anyways, great episode funny stuff, lesbianism is always a good source of humor.
The girl on the swim team with the water ability must be the biggest cheater ever.
Also I've come to realize that I can't remember ever not liking an intro/outro for a JC Staff show, they're just so damn good at picking them, and sometimes making them. I love the OP for this show and ED is growing on me fast. Started speeding up once I found out it was ELISA singing, she's too good.
It took me a moment to figure out that Kuroko hadn't tried to take off Misaka's clothes and failed, she had just teleported her undergarments away, clever clever girl.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:45 am

It can't be helped, I read the manga like a year ago and didn't think they'd animate it.

I wonder if J.C. Staff will be using more of Elisa in the future.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuuka Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Ruben, can't you ever read manga so that you'll be on the same page as us when we get hyped for something a year in advance?

Anyways, I hope they get to actually animating some substance soon. I think the worst thing they can do at this point is to screw up the pacing by making it too slow.

However, I would like to see this animated:
https://2img.net/h/i151.photobucket.com/albums/s151/Carrotine/01-1.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i151.photobucket.com/albums/s151/Carrotine/02.jpg
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:45 am

Well ep 3 is out, I'm late yes I know.

I don't remember eyebrows girl in the manga. What on earth is the approach for this show? Did they like slate this thing for 24 eps and now they need filler?

The preview for the next ep doesn't leave me hopeful that we'll get to the main plot, despite all the foreshadows.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:27 pm

Well if the main plot of railgun is just the main plot of Index from a different perspective then I'd personally rather see them write up a new story. This ep was pretty good but it didn't really go anywhere, then again it's exactly the kind of stuff I expected from this series in the first place.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:50 pm

With the exception of like one or two parts, the plot doesn't overlap at all with Index.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuuka Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:16 am

Well the thing is the level upper arc would probably only cover about 8-9 episodes at most without getting into endless-eight style tedium.

Fillers are definitely required sooner or later even if they make the series 13 episodes.
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:57 am

If anyone besides me has checked out the "leaked" rip of the full version of the Railgun OP, can you tell me whether or not you think it's totally just the tv size intro edited to sound like a full version song? Cause IMO there was some bad breaking parts and I doubt that with such an awesome TV size I don't think the writers/composers would create such a crappy full version. I'll find out the truth on Nov. 4th.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:57 pm

So the blurb on the torrent on TokyoTosho for this ep said "This is episode 1" (Take note I didn't dl from that sub group but I saw it) so does that mean that it's following the manga now?
Anyways Touma's a cool guy, slaps away lightning and doesn't afraid of anything.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:21 pm

Kinda, events are mostly altered and original. IIRC the scientist isn't introduced until the hospital after a bad guy set them up the bombs. But the fight is from the manga, not the events up to it though (basically biri biri beats up a atm).

I dunno, Touma was pretty afraid of the chainsaw sword whip.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:22 am

he was simply trying to make Misaka lower her guard.
He doesn't afraid of ANYTHING
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:09 pm

Hahah I was right, that full version of the OP was just a lieeeee.
There's a mp4 version of the pre-release out on TT now.
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=96066
The cd will come out soon for the best quality rips.
This song is great, I don't even wanna start this weeks ep cause then I'll have to turn off the song..
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:51 am

Looks like next episode is once more a shuffle from the early chapters, there's no order to this show.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:35 pm

Okay, so what's pretty much going to be the intro to the level upper arc (exploding toys) begins next week. Hopefully that part will be followed up with non-filler adaptions (then again they're pretty much out of filler pages anyways IIRC).
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next