Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Winter 2024
New year, new season, new watchlist EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
New year, new season, new watchlist EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
New year, new season, new watchlist EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
New year, new season, new watchlist EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
New year, new season, new watchlist EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
New year, new season, new watchlist EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
New year, new season, new watchlist EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
New year, new season, new watchlist EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2022
New year, new season, new watchlist EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 9:21 pm by Chumara

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

New year, new season, new watchlist

3 posters

Go down

New year, new season, new watchlist Empty New year, new season, new watchlist

Post  take-mikazuchi Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:57 pm

I already know what I'm watching next season more or less, so that's why this is going up now. Also because there's only like, 31 shows total coming out not including shorts/movies/OVAs.

Sequels and Continuations

Iron Blooded Orphans - As always Gundam shows are almost always 24-25 episodes.

Konosuba s2 - Man, this show was great. I'm glad we're finally getting more.

Tales of Zestiria the X2 - Was the break necessary? I suppose ufotable has to milk all they can off the first part to get the budget to make the second part.

New Shows

Akiba's Trip the Animation - Oh man, I bet nobody thought this was coming. Inb4 a certain pleb-ass weeb fuck calls it anime of the season 2 eps in. If he bothers reading this, he knows I'm talking about him.

Chaos;Child - So I've noticed all of the paranormal science adventure shows have all been done by different studios up to this point. I dropped Occultic;Nine (A-1) because it sucked, Chaos;Head (Madhouse) sucked, Robotics;Notes (Pro I.G.) was just alright, and Steins;Gate (White Fox) is legendary. I sort of feel like every studio is going to take a swing at this and I guess it's Silver Link time.

Fuuka - Legit interested.

Hand Shakers - PV seemed alright. We'll try it. I also haven't seen anything by GoHands in a while.

Little Witch Academia - Probably going to be the popular show of the season, no doubt.

Masamune-kun no Revenge - I read the manga for this. I can't wait.

Seiren - Sooooo same formula as Yosuga no Sora?

Youjo Senki - A little blonde loli bitch leading an army and wiping the floor with dudes? Sounds funny.

Movie of Interest

Gyakusatsu Kikan (Genocidal Organ) - So this is a part of Project Itoh which is actually Satoshi Ito, a sci-fi writer. He did Empire of Corpses, Harmony, and the novelization of Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots. This movie was actually supposed to come out last year, but Manglobe was the one doing it and, well, we saw what happened to them. But this got picked up again and I'm super hype. https://anilist.co/anime/20919/GyakusatsuKikan

The Maybes

Schoolgirl Strikers Animation Channel - Like, could this be what I wanted Busou Shinki to be?

The "I know I should watch but I'm not going to" Category

Ao no Exorcist - You know, I never was a huge fan of this show to begin with. Like, season 1 was ok, but that movie bored the shit out of me. And that's not to say that I think it will have any bearing on how good this season will be, but I kinda just don't care about the series much.

Rewrite Moon/Terra hen - That first season just really didn't hit home for me. At times it felt like a chore watching it. So I'm gonna pass on this.

Total - 11
12 if you include maybes
13 if you include the one movie I care about

Super light season for me. Actually, I don't remember the last time I watched more than 15 shows. I don't know if it's that I don't like a wide variety of genres, or if I'm just getting to the point where I won't settle for mediocrity to fill time. I feel it's probably the latter. If I can't give a show a 6 or higher on MAL, it probably isn't worth my time in the first place.

take-mikazuchi
Tsundere

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

New year, new season, new watchlist Empty Re: New year, new season, new watchlist

Post  Chumara Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:12 pm

Continuations

3-gatsu no Lion: This show is so much better than it started out as, I'm truly invested now.
All Out: Still burly, still ok.
Classicaloid: I don't really like this show all that much, but it's too late to get out now.
Sousei no Onmyouji: I REALLY don't like this show all that much, but one season and I'm done.

Sequels

Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen: I liked the first season way back quite a bit, looking forward to more finally. I hope they maybe retcon the ending though.....
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2: KO NO SU BA Wooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
Rewrite / 2nd Season Moon-Hen/Terra-Hen: This adaptation was so BAD, but let's see if the true route makes it any better.
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen: I really liked the first season, quite the dark horse, but I'm wondering if a sequel that focuses on the present rather than the past can live up to the same standard.
Tales of Zestiria the X 2: It's very rare that I say this, but this anime is actually better than the game in some regards, VERY excited to watch more.

New Stuff

AKIBA' S TRIP: THE ANIMATION: Oh hey, it's Gonzo! This game looked like it'd be a better anime than a game.
BanG Dream!: This might be a mistake, but band chicks are kewl.
Chaos;Child: MAGES, we're too deep now.
Demi-chan wa Kataritai: The premise seems kinda ok, but A-1 pictures pushes it over for me to give a try.
Fuuka: This sounds like a really good romance, but I can't remember the last show like this Diomedea has done, so it might be foreign ground for them
Gabriel DropOut: This sounds funny, and there's a bit of hype surrounding it.
Hand Shakers: This sounds bad, and it's GoHands who I only remember for K, so we'll see if the action warrants further viewing.
Idol Jihen: More MAGES? Idols? Let's do it
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maidragon: Kyoto
Kuzu no Honkai: It's Lerche, I hope there's random blood and violence.
Little Witch Academia: How long have we been waiting for this?
Masamune-kun no Revenge: I hear from Matt and a couple others that this is funny, so let's do it.
Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-Bu: Didn't we just have this show?
SCHOOLGIRL STRIKERS Animation Channel: I always bitch about this premise and then I keep watching it.
Seiren: More Amagami style romance shows? It's been awhile, yes please.
Urara Meirochou: Man JC Staff is busy this season, looks cutesy and it's the proper studio, I'll check it out.
Youjo Senki: Yo is that a killer loli?

OVAS and Shorts

Fate GO: I can't tell if this was supposed to be this season, but I have the first episode, movie, whatever. Maybe that's all we're getting for now?
One Room: What is this? There are cute girls so let's check out the short.
Piace: Watashi no Italian: It's like Working!! But a short? And Italian?

In conclusion, 26 Shows to start, with 3 shorts and/or ova. Not too bad, I can see that getting slimmed down too. Maybe I can finally work on the backlog this season.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

New year, new season, new watchlist Empty Re: New year, new season, new watchlist

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:40 pm

Another pass on another gonzo show.

Next.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:06 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:Another pass on another gonzo show.

Next.

I had a hard time believing that it was Gonzo at first, but then I realized the truth as I watched further.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:58 pm

It's another war show but with magic. I think the timing of the show could've been better...
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:37 pm

Gabriel dropout does just enough right to keep me on.

Hand shakers meanwhile has designs that mess with my head.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:09 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:Gabriel dropout does just enough right to keep me on.

Hand shakers meanwhile has designs that mess with my head.

I actually laughed out at Gabriel........ that doesn't happen..... often....... I'm 100% on board.
Will watch Hand Shakers later tonight.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:00 pm

Konosuba2

Generally second seasons of things that sell well usually look better than the original not worse!

Dragon maid

Cautious optimism, I enjoyed it though.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:33 pm

I don't think the synopsis of Hand Shakers did the show Justice........ or maybe it did it too much Justice......
It was the dumbest plot, I'm not continuing with it.

KONOSUBA and Maid Dragon are shows that the house is definitely watching, so I probably won't get to it until Tuesday.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:15 pm

Chaos child

It didn't work the first time, so let's try it again, what can go wrong!?
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:15 pm

I've only seen the first half of Chaos Child, aka Chaos Head..... but I've dropped quite a few shows this season, partly because of time, also because this is going to be a big year of gaming for me, so I gotta keep the anime down a bit more.

Dropped:
Idol Jihen
Minami Kamakura
Schoolgirl Strikes
Classicaloid
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:15 pm

Zestiria 14

Why is Velvet still in the OP?
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:39 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:Zestiria 14

Why is Velvet still in the OP?

Maybe more Berseria eps?!?!?!?!!?
I hope so.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:39 pm

I sure could use dem berseria episodes now.

Speaking of which, how's the pc port?
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:I sure could use dem berseria episodes now.

Speaking of which, how's the pc port?

I'm actually pretty hooked on the Zestiria part of the anime now since they're going in a different direction with it.

The PC port is pretty good for the most part, the PC I'm choosing to play it on for portability sake make it a little less great. The only big gripe, with many people and somewhat myself, is the internet-required DRM.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:55 pm

Man Kuzu no Honkai is so good, currently battling Fuuka for my #1 AotS, edge going to Kuzu atm. Although, if Gabriel Dropout keeps up its Golden comedy, it might make it into #2 instead of the others.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:04 pm

I dropped Seiren. Yet another sequel that can't get out of that shadow.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:16 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:I dropped Seiren. Yet another sequel that can't get out of that shadow.

What was the other one? Photokano?
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:00 pm

Chumara wrote:
Tekkaman Calamity wrote:I dropped Seiren. Yet another sequel that can't get out of that shadow.

yeah.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
Chumara wrote:

yeah.

While Seiren is still a long shot from Amagami, it's definitely still better than Photokano imo...... so far.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  take-mikazuchi Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:53 pm

Fuuka 9

While I'm glad to see romance anime with a clear winner, it still annoys me when worst girl wins.

That being said, I think Kuzu no Honkai has slipped into the #1 spot at this point. It's close though.

IBO is meh Thanh. Wasn't sure if you were still watching it, but I don't think I can even put this into my top 15 Gundams

take-mikazuchi
Tsundere

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down