Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Winter 2024
Hot Summer Garbage no jikan desu EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Hot Summer Garbage no jikan desu EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Hot Summer Garbage no jikan desu EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Hot Summer Garbage no jikan desu EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Hot Summer Garbage no jikan desu EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Hot Summer Garbage no jikan desu EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Hot Summer Garbage no jikan desu EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Hot Summer Garbage no jikan desu EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2022
Hot Summer Garbage no jikan desu EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 9:21 pm by Chumara

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Hot Summer Garbage no jikan desu

3 posters

Go down

Hot Summer Garbage no jikan desu Empty Hot Summer Garbage no jikan desu

Post  take-mikazuchi Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:08 pm

I think now is a good time to do this. We're 2 weeks out. Since I beat P5 and Nier, the only game to potentially take up my time is Valkyria Azure Revolution, and of course FE Echoes.

Sequels and Continuations

Boku no Hero Academia - Continues to be entertaining. One of the best shounens in a while.

Sakurada Reset - This show is actually incredible. If not for AoT s2 and Hero Academia s2, it'd be the best show of the current season (spring).

Re:Creators - [nZk] continues to run the title of best anime music composer, and this is actually my favorite show right now.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ - I can't believe this got a 4th season, but I'm down to hear Nana Mizuki, Hikasa Yoko and Yuuki Aoi in the same show again.

New Game!! - More delicious brownies

Owarimonogatari Ge - I'm going to be confused as all hell since it's been so long in between seasons I can't keep up

The New Shit

Fate/Apocrypha - It's Fate, it's a side story kind of. 16 servants? Sure. A-1 doing it tho...

Knights and Magic - Mecha otaku dies and comes into another world, gaining memories of a past life and becomes an actual mech pilot. But with magic. I'm down.

Hajimete no Gal - On George's recommendation since he was reading the manga. It actually sounds pretty funny.

Kakegurui - So it's like Baka to Test but with gambling. Sounds awesome.

Princess Principal - Loli spies in 19th century London? Sounds really reaaaaaallly dumb, but imma watch it anyway.

The Maybes - If I'm bored or drop other things, these are the candidates for picking up

Katsugeki Touken Ranbu - Looks like what I thought the first one was going to be initially, instead of what I got which was a buncha gay yaoi shit. ufotable is what might push this

Vatican Kiseki Chousakan - Remember the last time JC Staff tried a serious show? Taboo Tatoo? Yeah it sucked. But maybe I'll give them another chance.

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e - This actually doesn't sound terrible, but we'll see what my final list looks like after the first couple weeks.

Shorts - Yes I'm actually watching shorts this time around

Netsuzou Trap NTR - Girls NTR their BFs to go lesbian with each other? GDLK

Skirt no Naka wa Kedamono Deshita - A crossdressing dude seduces the new girl in college having a hard time adapting to city life. And this poor girl is none the wiser. GDLK

Kidou Senshi Gundam Twilight Axis - This is actually under OVAs, but apparently they are like 5 min episodes (whhyyyyyyy).

Movies of Interest - OF course these likely won't come out until well into fall season, but as always I refer back here to pick up ones from before.

No Game No Life -zero- Hurray

Kimi no Koe wo Todoketai - A girl who is unsure of her future calling and is impatient about it wanders into a disused FM radio station and on impulse decides to become a DJ. Nnnnyalright.

Full shows: 11
Shorts/OVAs: 3
Maybes: 3
Total: 17

Heavy for my average, but then again shorts really shouldn't count if they're only a few minutes long. If I exclude those it's 14 if I watch all the maybes. Always trying to maintain a 15 or less basis.

take-mikazuchi
Tsundere

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Hot Summer Garbage no jikan desu Empty Re: Hot Summer Garbage no jikan desu

Post  Chumara Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:31 pm

I'm having a hard time keeping up (to my dismay) lately, the perils of living with family...... I'll TRY to keep this short.

Sequels and Continuations

Owarimonogatari (ge): I dunno if this is supposed to be Zokuowarimonogatari, but I'll never get sick of it.

New Game!!: My only regret is that I won't be watching this show with the guys at the house, that was half the fun.

Jigoku Shoujo Yoi no Togi: Boy it's been a long time coming, my waifu I'm still here!

New Stuff

Katsugeki Touken Ranbu: I'm literally going to check out an episode for ufotable, but I probably won't continue.

Fate/Apocrypha: More Fate stuff

Gamers!: I hope this is more like New Game and less like Saenai Heroine. Also, who's PINE JAM?

Battle Girl High School: Did you read the title?

Hajimete no Gal: Sounds fantastic.

Ballroom e Youkoso: I want to see how they can make this interesting, whether or not I follow it is up to that.

Koi to Uso: It's got very Kuzu no Honkai-looking art, but it seems like more of a typical romance, which I'm always down for.

Isekai Shokudou: This synopsis is as vague as it can get, but I'll give it an ep for Silver Link

Kakegurui: Gambling at school? It's like my dream come true!

Vatican Kiseki Chousakan: Religious themed mystery anime by JC Staff? I'm all over that.

Tenshi no 3P!: So he makes a harem through Vocaloid? Let's see what this is about.....

Action Heroine Cheer Fruits: This sounds silly, but I wanna see an ep.

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e: So this show really hits the nail on the head for me, not only is it Lerche, who literally hasn't done a show I haven't liked yet, but it's got that Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku vibe that is something I really want to see a proper story of, which the aforementioned did ok on, but can really be done better. I'm expecting good things here.

Princess Principal: Undercover lolis! Yeah!

Leftovers

Boku no Hero Academia 2: My favorite show from last season, I'm always excited for Saturday to see more of this.

Sagrada Reset: My second favorite show from last season, I'm glad GOOD shows are carrying over this time, I feel like it's too rare.

Re:Creators: I'm not sure where to rate this show, but I do like it nonetheless. My previous statement stands.

Sakura Quest: The quality continues, PA Works really stepping up to reach their Shirobako game again, let's see if it can get there. (Probably not, but there's always hope)

Shorts

Netsuzou Trap: I've been told this isn't actually about a crossdressing boy, so I'll check it out.

Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart: This sounds like it could be funny.... or stupid.

Tsurezure Children: If she isn't literally putting her blood into the chocolate, I'm dropping this.

Aho-Girl: Whatever.

Teekyu 9: Another Teekyu to marathon at the end of the season.

Musashino: Why is the sequel to Urawa no Usagi-chan named this?

Not including shorts, I'm down 21 to, with a few that are probably getting dropped, I should be able to handle that.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:59 am

Of the new stuff, Kakegurui, Shokudou, and Altair are pretty good. Apocrypha I've heard mixed things, apparently the second half is complete garbage or something.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:14 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:Of the new stuff, Kakegurui, Shokudou, and Altair are pretty good. Apocrypha I've heard mixed things, apparently the second half is complete garbage or something.

Kakegurui was great and Shokudou ended up being a little more interesting than I expected, I didn't care to check out Altair.

Apocrypha was just a lot of setup, I'm sure it'll go more places soon.

Tsurezure Children was a surprise dark horse though
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:06 pm

Chumara wrote:Apocrypha was just a lot of setup, I'm sure it'll go more places soon.

I meant second half of the series.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:58 pm

Tekkaman Calamity wrote:
Chumara wrote:Apocrypha was just a lot of setup, I'm sure it'll go more places soon.

I meant second half of the series.

Oh, well I know close to nothing of the source material, so, it'll be a surprise for me.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down