Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront

+3
Ryuuka
Chumara
Tekkaman Calamity
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 2 Empty Re: Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront

Post  Chumara Sun May 02, 2010 6:07 pm

I have to agree with AoMM on this show, the first 5 episodes have had more to do with music than the entire first season of K-ON! and what we have of K-ON!! for that matter as well.
And yeah Tenshi was always a midget.
The plot thickens.
Yui is Awesome.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 2 Empty Re: Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun May 02, 2010 7:41 pm

Maybe if the Tea club spent more time focusing on music then they wouldn't be hurting for members.

Also, Tenshi is more awesome.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741

Back to top Go down

Post  The Lionheart Sun May 02, 2010 10:51 pm

I'm not the only one who felt a little sorry for Angel/Tenshi after the latest episode, right?

Also, we need more rocket chairs inside of classrooms and testing centers. That would surely take the edge off from taking tests, don't you think...unless if your seat is the one with the rocket that is.
The Lionheart
The Lionheart
Yandere

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  roleplayfever Mon May 03, 2010 7:56 am

Well I felt sorry for Tenshi, I mean she was a worthy opponent.

On another note, it seems there has been some Testosterone poisoning going around (warning ruin life etc.)
roleplayfever
roleplayfever
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-01-23

https://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=782804077

Back to top Go down

Post  The Lionheart Mon May 03, 2010 3:23 pm

Ever since the existance ofpowerthirst, there's been a surge in manlyness. What's considered manly had to be upgraded because of this! (There's a flavor called MANana for crying out loud!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs&feature=fvsr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-3qncy5Qfk&feature=fvsr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32btIzAXkLU

Speaking of which, does that make Otanashi and Angel manly since their favorite food is that super spicy curry thing at the end of that last episode? I mean that thing looks capable of giving third degree burns!
The Lionheart
The Lionheart
Yandere

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Mon May 03, 2010 6:08 pm

I've never seen powerthirst 3 before, entertaining but still not as awesome as the original two.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  The Lionheart Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm

Chumara wrote:I've never seen powerthirst 3 before, entertaining but still not as awesome as the original two.

That's cause it's new. It was just released since you can legitimately buy cases of powerthirst now. It's basically a quick commercial announcing that their product is available for purchase.
The Lionheart
The Lionheart
Yandere

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri May 07, 2010 9:26 pm

That got ugly fast, and I don't mean the beginning where it looks like they cut the budget.

Ah Yuri, you arm your troops missile launchers and worry about the NPCs. Standing there getting shot isn't going to help anyone. What are the NPCs going to do, not come back from the dead? Well, that's her moral stance despite its obvious faults, plus she did say that the SSS were comprised of idiots.

At least Naoi showed some thought into being productive and it kind of makes more sense regarding Tenshi resigning.

Still, this does make me wonder how their world works. Getting wish fulfilled = disappear, but apparently living normally also = disappear. Could it mean that since apparently everyone who ends up there came from a broken life, that all it really takes for them to be satisfied is to live a normal life or is their deity going, "Screw it, their case isn't going to happen"?

Ending thoughts: A sleeping Tenshi is fine too.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat May 08, 2010 5:12 am

Well I think that if the students live a normal life, they attain happiness, which they can also attain through reaching their goal in their real life.
But beyond the massive bromance at the end, the shit really hits the fan in this episode. Mainly, we now have the issue of the fact that Otonashi got to know Tenshi better and realizes that he doesn't want to fight against her, but what else are the SSS members going to do in this world? Just keep screwing around for all eternity? Also, we get confirmation that Tenchi does in fact recognize the SSS members as oddities in the world yet, she only cared when they did something out of line? If she really has some type of reasoning, which became apparent in this episode, wouldn't she be a little more assertive in keeping them in line? Also, the only way that Naoi could have maintained his balance in the world as to not disappear is to come to the same realization that Yurippe did and not conform to the norm, how are people realizing this? Otonashi had everything explained to him, and he still doubted it, god forbid Yurippe wasn't sitting there with a gun when he awoke or he'd probably be a barnacle by now. Either way, this show with the vague plot and storyline is not having any problems ending episodes with cliffhangers and excitement for the next week.

I didn't see any animation budget problems in this episode, maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention. My biggest complaint is, I don't care how much planning Naoi had, there's no way he found a way to hypnotize people by staring at them with their eyes, that was a little ridiculous.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat May 08, 2010 9:06 am

Chumara wrote:Well I think that if the students live a normal life, they attain happiness, which they can also attain through reaching their goal in their real life.

That was my first conclusion.

But beyond the massive bromance at the end, the shit really hits the fan in this episode. Mainly, we now have the issue of the fact that Otonashi got to know Tenshi better and realizes that he doesn't want to fight against her, but what else are the SSS members going to do in this world? Just keep screwing around for all eternity? Also, we get confirmation that Tenchi does in fact recognize the SSS members as oddities in the world yet, she only cared when they did something out of line? If she really has some type of reasoning, which became apparent in this episode, wouldn't she be a little more assertive in keeping them in line? Also, the only way that Naoi could have maintained his balance in the world as to not disappear is to come to the same realization that Yurippe did and not conform to the norm, how are people realizing this? Otonashi had everything explained to him, and he still doubted it, god forbid Yurippe wasn't sitting there with a gun when he awoke or he'd probably be a barnacle by now. Either way, this show with the vague plot and storyline is not having any problems ending episodes with cliffhangers and excitement for the next week.

Well, we don't exactly know what happens to them after they disappear. The fear of the unknown is a pretty good reason to keep to the status quo (though I guess it feels really good to disappear). In Otonashi's case, it also helped he got stabbed at twice, so the explanation was easier to digest.

My biggest complaint is, I don't care how much planning Naoi had, there's no way he found a way to hypnotize people by staring at them with their eyes, that was a little ridiculous.

I once got a cross walk light to change by yelling at it, do not doubt the power of suggestion.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuuka Sun May 09, 2010 7:20 pm

What is this I don't even
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun May 09, 2010 9:15 pm

Ryuuka wrote:What is this I don't even

Can you be more specific?
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat May 15, 2010 8:14 pm

"Crazy for you!"

Okay, otherwise it looks like Tenshi used that harmonic attack or whatever that was revealed from the raid of her dorm. It also seems like she hasn't worked out all the bugs yet, or maybe it was intentional, well we'll see.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Mon May 17, 2010 7:35 pm

http://www.atalude.net/2010/05/18/the-starcraft-champion-that-never-was/

I LOL'ed
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon May 17, 2010 7:47 pm

Chumara wrote:http://www.atalude.net/2010/05/18/the-starcraft-champion-that-never-was/

I LOL'ed

It's plausible.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Wed May 19, 2010 3:20 am

So after re-watching all the concert scenes in this show since K-ON!!'s songs suck I realized that my favorite insert song, Alchemy, wasn't played to completion in the show. Sadface.
If the show follows what we've gotten from the released CD we'll be hearing Rain Song next, that's a good one too.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri May 21, 2010 7:22 pm

Dis episode, dis episode, dis episode. Hahaha, ah it was good.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri May 21, 2010 9:29 pm

Man I'm glad your posts aren't usually as detail-istic as mine are because I always end up reading this forum before I watch these things.
More to come later.....probably....
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri May 21, 2010 9:59 pm

Chumara wrote:Man I'm glad your posts aren't usually as detail-istic as mine are because I always end up reading this forum before I watch these things.
More to come later.....probably....

I usually refrain from details until a day or two, when I'm positive everyone that matters has watched it.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri May 21, 2010 11:12 pm

So that was interesting, actually pretty funny too. TK got a relatively large amount of screen time too. I loved how Angel programs her programs on a computer in her room on a development environment called Angel Player, seriously awesome, and Yurippe knew exactly how to program it right away as well and LOL at the ENGLISH instruction manual. My only gripe with the plot progression is that even if she programmed subsequent Harmonics clones to get absorbed after 10 seconds, the previously made clones shouldn't be affected by the new software, thus they could still infinitely clone themselves, but alas, shit happens. Either way the choreographing in this show is still superb as always and the comedy is still well done. Other two problems that I had with the episode that didn't directly relate to plot holes is 1. The new guy has too much of a presence in the group when in reality he's just annoying, and has the only recurring joke segment that isn't funny, 2. They got me HYPED for Yui's next concert in this episode TWICE and then let me down, I was looking forward to Rain Song. Oh well at least this tells me that they're thinking about it at least, Yurippe attested that she may need the "diversion" later so maybe next episode since the Harmonics problem has been resolved this episode then next episode they may do operation Tornado again.
Ending Note: Yui is still AWESOME, she had the BEST death out of everyone.
Ending Note #2: Angel clone with frustrated emotion @ getting stabbed was interesting.
Ending Note #3: Between this and Durarara, Friday's are awesome.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat May 22, 2010 12:20 am

Chumara wrote:My only gripe with the plot progression is that even if she programmed subsequent Harmonics clones to get absorbed after 10 seconds, the previously made clones shouldn't be affected by the new software, thus they could still infinitely clone themselves, but alas, shit happens.

Unless you can read blurry binary, for all we know the condition for absorb could've been:
Tenshi eye is color red (yes/no):
Yes-> Absorb

It's kind of late now, so maybe I'll post my thoughts tomorrow.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat May 22, 2010 2:19 am

LOL, maybe, just gotta check that eye color variable and it's all good.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat May 22, 2010 5:21 pm

Right well I did say I'd probably write something.

Let's get the main gripe out of the way, the last batch of kamikazes didn't even do anything more than walk up to the Tenshi clones and get stabbed and that was the end of it. They didn't even try to grab her or anything.

Outside of that, I wondered about how the clones seemed to display more emotion than the original (the smile at the end). If the clones are just Tenshi + cranked up aggression, then how is it they're able to achieve such emotional display?

Also, for those in need of another Girls DeMo concert then consider checking out the Little Braver PV by LiSa.

Finally, considering that the AB project was a multi-media push (novels, manga, anime), when is KEY making the VN. I mean, I can totally see Yuri being the yandere route. And Tenshi? Well, I imagine Tenshi would be the harem route. The possibilities for Guard Skill: Harmonics are endless and delishuz!
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun May 23, 2010 3:55 pm

ITS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Angel%20Beats!%20OP%20ED%20Single%20-%20My%20Soul%2C%20Your%20Beats!%20%5BLia%20%26%20Tada%20Aoi%5D.zip.torrent
http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Angel%20Beats!%20OP%20ED%20Single%20-%20My%20Soul%2C%20Your%20Beats!%20%5BLia%20%26%20Tada%20Aoi%5D.zip.torrent
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun May 23, 2010 8:31 pm

Chumara wrote:ITS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when you're done looping.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum