Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront

+3
Ryuuka
Chumara
Tekkaman Calamity
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 3 Empty Re: Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon May 24, 2010 1:47 pm

Might as well put it up while I'm at it:

Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 3 Empty Re: Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront

Post  Chumara Mon May 24, 2010 3:26 pm

Looped it from when I posted that till about 8, then I got home around 1 am and looped it till 4:30-5ish, FYI. Of course the loop included Brave Song as well so split the time between those two songs.

EDIT: Man I feel bad for the seiyuu of Yui, Eri Kitamura, cause every time Yui sings a song in the show she hands over the singing to LiSA. It's kinda odd since Eri has sung songs in the past and usually the seiyuus sing the songs that their characters do in the show, but Eri just hands it over to the pro or something I guess.
Also, Little Braver wasn't a very good song.... at all.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri May 28, 2010 8:33 pm

Heh heh, the characters express my reaction when I saw Shiina in the OP talking.

Also, TK bad at english? What is this, I don't even.

Finally, how'd everyone go on when their supplies of bentos and water ran dry, did they resort to cannibalizing the dead guy?

With the way things are going, I wonder if we're going to learn how TK died?
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat May 29, 2010 2:22 am

*Checks episode count listing again*
Ok so Angel Beats is still a 13 episode series, I can't see it. There's just no way he can help them ALL fulfill their dreams per se in only 4 episodes, especially when Yurippe is going to take a whole ep or more by herself at least. We got 24 eps of Kanon and 24+ eps of Clannad, why can't I have it for this too? There's still more Girls Dead Monster to be heard! GAhagrhgatgahhta
On the 3rd day they still had some food and water left, on Day 7 he died and most of them were borderline dying, this isn't unbelievable cause people can go without eating for over a week if I remember correctly, and without water for a few days. Assuming that they stopped drinking on Day 4 and went till Day 7 then they were definitely at the brink of death, and Otonashi kicked the bucket first, I mean if you look at them all they could barely move.
Yeah when I first heard "Someone to help them translate the English" I was like TK YEAHYEAH, but alas. Good American TKish stretches him and Masushita 5th Dan were doing though.
I've been so busy with PCC that this and 4 other shows were stockpiled for me to watch tonight, and as I suspected, I'm glad I saved Angel Beats for last 'cause I just don't want to watch anything after it, it's just better than everything else and keeps me hooked for more every time, I really want to see it go on yet I don't want to see it end yet I want to see how the hell they plan on pacing these last episodes. P.A. Works isn't one for sequels, but I hope to Oharuhi-sama that they do the rest of this as well as they have been and just leave it to another season. God I haven't been as on edge like this for a show in a LONG time.
Lastly, although it is strange for Shiina to talk at a meeting, I didn't really catch it as being odd because she's done her fair share of talking in other situations aka. Gym Room scene in episode 4 and some scenes pertaining to cute dog toys, so I didn't really see it as being strange at first, but I can see where the characters are coming from.
I might rant more later but two panels down and two to go tomorrow, I am tired as hell and I wanna dream about Angel Beats so I'm going to bed now while it's still fresh in my mind.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuuka Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:32 am

Farewell, Yui-nyan...

Angel Beats: We the Barnacle Battlefront - Page 3 248cb0bdc9157dad853c96aec949325e240
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:19 pm

YUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This show is gonna suck now.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  HentaiTentacleDemon Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:02 pm

Pikachu used Thunderwave!

Wild Yui is paralyzed! It may not be able to attack!
HentaiTentacleDemon
HentaiTentacleDemon
Tsundere

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:56 am

Yui > Pikachu, what nonsense have you been looking at?
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  camelgar19 Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:47 am

Hey I learned about you guys at the comic con panel! Glad there's a group of anime lovers at my school =D

So Angel Beats is amazing, I just watched it straight yesterday lol

camelgar19
Loli

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:47 pm

Hey welcome to JMS. I'm glad you're liking Angel Beats, it's the freaking best....... well until they got rid of Yui that is, now it's just the best minus Yui.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  roleplayfever Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:45 pm

Good night sweet princess.

Anyway, maybe the shadow thing will serve as some form of final boss or something.
roleplayfever
roleplayfever
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-01-23

https://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=782804077

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:38 pm

11:

The first 2:30 minutes was pretty gay.

More later.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:00 am

I don't have a lot to say since Yui wasn't here, but a couple of things stand out.
First off why is purgatory all ran by computers?
If Kanade can program herself cool things why can't everyone else do the same? Naoi worked on hypnotism too, everyone else just hasn't caught on that the world is in fact The Matrix.
YUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:12 am

This stuff is golden.
Episode 12 discuss: This episode was AWESOME.
This is what happens when I doubt Key adaptations.
Only question, when Araragi was done talking to the band members near the beginning and then they all disappeared, I mean... did they ALL just feel fulfilled at that exact moment? I mean god knows even Araragi didn't have enough time to work his magic in the amount of time they DIDN'T have. I suppose it's one of those things where it's like "I wanna say good-bye to Otonashi............. Ok I feel happy now adios" -MASS EXODUS-.
Whatever, even though you can tell there are pacing issues of some sort happening, at least it's still done well somehow unlike Ichiban Ushiro.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:47 am

The secret ingredient is... love? You stupid machine.

Well I suppose that's one way of getting rid of the battlefront when you're short eleven episodes.

Only question, when Araragi was done talking to the band members near the beginning and then they all disappeared, I mean... did they ALL just feel fulfilled at that exact moment? I mean god knows even Araragi didn't have enough time to work his magic in the amount of time they DIDN'T have. I suppose it's one of those things where it's like "I wanna say good-bye to Otonashi............. Ok I feel happy now adios" -MASS EXODUS-.

I think during their whole soul searching break the mob more or less found a resolution. So it was more like, "Before I go, I want to say thanks to Otonashi."

So this seems to be the little busters adaption where they're stuck in a machine.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:56 pm

The tofu song was amazing. Probably the best song in the show.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuuka Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:56 am

Okay so..........

Otonashi dies. Kanade gets his organ donation later and dies. However, Kanade is in Soul Society before Otonashi? Wuuuuuut.
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:21 am

Just going to say now, even though I think only Brian and Thanh read this: *SPOILERS* just cause this episode is worth not getting spoiled.

Wow, so Durarara! and Angel Beats ended for me tonight, just fantastic endings for both of them, I can't remember the last time I gave more than one show (if not one at all) a 10 out of 10, but these two shows deserved it.
Strangely enough Angel Beats ended much more confusing than Durarara even though it was supposed to have a much simpler plot. Is this because Drrr got 24 eps and Angel Beats got shafted with 13? Although I say Angel Beats was more confusing I mean it relatively to Drrr though. Drrr tied up everything and left nothing to wonder about, Angel Beats left me wondering about a few things.
First off, this last episode of Beats cleared up something to me that I suppose was supposed to be inferred at some point in the show but was never specifically pointed out, in fact the opposite was noted at the beginning of the show. You're lead to think that only people that have died and have regrets come here, but in fact other people that may be in some type of coma or other unconscious state also wander into the afterlife world. This clears up the confusion about some people seeming to not actually die in their storylines such as Yui and possibly Otonashi, as well as the fact that we never saw Hinata, Naoi and Yuri actually die in their stories, we only saw their regrets. Although most of this gets a few thing cleared up, it also brings about new conflicts and questions about previous events such as HinataXYui real world encounter. Before we wondered if that was just some "what-if" sequence, but maybe now it was showing us how it really will happen after Hinata leaves the afterlife. Also when the big awesome connection that brought the whole thing to a wrap that Otonashi's heart that was given to Kanade for a transplant after he died, and this is why Kanade couldn't pass on before, she never had the chance to say "Thank You" to the person who had given her a chance to live again. Of course as awesome of a plot twist as that was and all, it creates a conflict right after which also conflicts with the HinataXYui scene again. At the end it shows Otonashi finding Kanade in the real world which couldn't happen since he HAD to actually die since his heart was taken, thus that sequence was either those two finding each other again in another life, or just a dream like "what-if" sequence like the HinataXYui scene originally had thought to have been. I like to assume that when they create two very similar sequences that they are meant to be portrayed in the same fashion such as both supposed to be in another life or both being after they get back to the real world again after leaving the afterlife, but what the hell are the chances that in Yui's second life that she's paralyzed AGAIN? It's hard to believe that the YuiXHinata sequence was in a different life, so I'd like to believe that KanadeXOtonashi was in the same lifetime as well, but it just can't happen. FML

Everything revolving around Yuri was just a little off as well. I suppose I can't really say that everyone should leave right as soon as they feel content with their lives cause everyone in the battalion just left when they wanted to, of course Iwasawa just kinda booked it after playing her song and Yui left without a trace once she found out that someone would marry her (Lucky Hinata). So I can't say that Yuri should've disppeared right after destroying all those eMachines, but still... she SHOULD have. I thought that the only reason she was still staying was because she fell in love with Otonashi or something, O-Haruhi-sama knows that didn't happen, which leads me to wonder why she was getting all flustered after waking up, I didn't quite catch why (funny though). Anyways when Yuri DID decide to leave, it felt really sudden. I honestly always thought of her as one of the top 3 main characters of the show next to Kanade and Otonashi, but damn son, she left BEFORE Hinata. Not only did she leave out of the order I had assumed but I don't feel like her goodbye was good enough, my prediction was that she was going to not be able to pass on because she hadn't confessed to Otonashi yet, so she'd be alone with him at the end and have this long sweet goodbye. Short lived was that hope once the whole plot twist was found out and I was reminded that Maeda likes his loli endings. I can't complain at all with that ending though because Kanade was awesome, I just wish there was something that made me understand why Yuri was so flustered when she woke up and everyone told her that her worries had been solved.

I'm going to go read up some blogs on this episode now that I've put my thoughts out there and see if anybody has a more informative insight on the real happenings.
My regrets before I can pass on from this anime: Needed more episodes to show more stories, play more of the songs from the cd's, and clear up some of the mysteries.
Random comment I lolled at from the MAL forums:
Q:"How did Takeyama pass on?"
A:"Somebody finally called him Christ"

Thanh I'm sure you have more to say than just one line.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:26 am

Oh Brian posted while I was posting.
It seems that she never woke up form the procedure because once she attained the heart, she didn't want to leave the afterlife until she had the chance to say "Thank You" to the person who saved her, that's why she noticed it when she stabbed him and didn't leave until the end. This also follows from the reasoning that people didn't actually have to die in order to get to the afterlife, it was more of a place to free yourself from regrets in life more than a place for regrets of death. If you think about it, she's probably been in the afterlife for a LONG time waiting for a donor probably on life support systems in a comatose-like state.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:30 am

Hinata died from getting hit by a truck so he can't wake up as himself, so the HinataXYui montage is more likely the what-if scenario he was describing. I'm still figuring out how Yui could've died seeing as how she couldn't do ANYTHING but watch TV.

Anyways as for the last scene, it can easily be explained with parallel worlds. You see Ruben, after Otonashi (Oto1) recovered from his depression of failing his plan to isolate himself and Tenshi (Ten1) so that he can give her another one of his organs (credit to Kabitzin for the organ joke), he quickly (or slowly, doesn't matter) realized that his three options of disappearing, becoming an NPC, or sticking around to help people would yield a low probability of being reunited with Ten1. Thus, he ventured back into the Guild to rebuild the Angel Player. It stands to reason that if one deranged and lovestruck hermit could build something obscure that people shouldn't have the knowledge to build, then another deranged and lovestruck hermit can do the same. Using the unexplained powers of the Angel Player, he locates a world (W2) where there was a Tenshi (Ten2) who wasn't dying or at least got her heart from someone else and an Otonashi (Oto2) who wasn't dead. Oto1 then proceeds to hack Oto2's brain and implant memories or an attraction or whatever for Ten2. Oto1 was then able to move on and do whatever, confident that he'd at least get one Good End by setting up an Oto2XTen2 pairing in W2.

Moving on, my experience of Angel Beats can be summarized as too many things to explain and not enough time to explain them. It also didn't help that the show kept chucking things in as though it had 24 episodes to get into the gritty details. I would've preferred to explore backgrounds the second tier Battlefront members (TK, Shiina, Noda, basically the ones with names) to further muddle the whole "I didn't kill myself to get here" thing Yuri was saying back in ep. 2. Ultimately of course, it was shown correct that they weren't in some suicide purgatory with the revelation that Otonashi died naturally... sorta (and that Tenshi wasn't dead). Maybe their backgrounds were explained in the novels, but since they're in Moon Runes I can only work with what I know.

It also felt a little weird sometimes with the show's mood swings. Not really a complaint as I did enjoy them at various times, but still it had scene breaks of going from drama to comedy, then back to drama, then broken by comedy again, etc. It felt like I was going through another sitting of Brass Restoration.

In closing, do I regret watching this show? Hell no. Was it enjoyable? Sure. Would I recommended it? Probably, but only to anyone who doesn't hate KEY. It does at least entertain and their comedy moments were actually something that was worth a few chuckles. Sure there are plot holes, but they did bring in a VN writer and budgeted the thing for 13 episodes, so I suppose I can excuse it this time.

End thoughts: Stupid forum ate my first post.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:56 pm

Dude I control-A and control-C all the time when writing in this forum.

Anyways that's a creative plot you thought up. It's true though and it goes with what the majority of people are saying, the show simply needed more time. I also read that organ line in the seaslug blog last night, it was pretty funny, along with Tenka Seiha's description of the show. But really I loved this show, and holy crap there are another like 10 blog entries for Angel Beats that weren't here last night. But yeah Maeda knew there wasn't enough time to do everything he wanted that's why there's all the other media out there such as the light novels that's based on the timeline before Otonashi arrived, as well as some 4-koma manga thing and a special manga about the GirlsDeMo band apparently.... I found a translator file dump but it seems only the first novel was translated, which is odd because there was a blog that mentioned more of them being translated. I'm going to have to search more.

EDIT: Keep the Beats! Just came out in an early shitty 160 kbps rip form, but it came out nonetheless, HOT!
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:58 pm

Chumara wrote:Anyways that's a creative plot you thought up.

It's the end result of being exposed to four parallel world plots in a row (more or less). I don't want to read through another parallel world plot for awhile. *Remembers DiveX comes out in September* Frak!
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  roleplayfever Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:35 pm

My head hurts now thanks to these posts.

That said I did enjoy angel beats overall, the past memory/regret sections were hard to watch, but that is a given since this is purgatory for people of generally unhappy lives and as said before the other members could have had some more development.
roleplayfever
roleplayfever
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-01-23

https://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=782804077

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:30 am

The alt epilogue was nice but...........
OMG AWESOME OVA, they took the time to give all the characters some quality screen time which was much needed since there wasn't much to focus on otherwise. The plot was really entertaining though, and I think I found a new animated avatar idea if I can remember how to do it.

Some comments on MAL and Anime Suki think that maybe the epilogue was leading into a second season type deal, which would be fantastic. Starting from the idea that "what if" Otonashi decided to stay behind instead of leave after confessing to Tenshi, it's possible that if they do make it that it would help clear up a lot of confusion and maybe bring a less metaphorical resolution to the table.
But yeah, seriously, I lolololololololololed so much in this episode.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:38 am

I felt the OVA could've used a tad less yelling.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum