Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas Empty Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:08 pm

The story of Steins;Gate takes place in Akihabara and is about a group of friends who have customized their microwave into a device that can send text messages to the past. As they perform different experiments, an organization named SERN who has been doing their own research on time travel tracks them down and now the characters have to find a way to avoid being captured by them.

The first of the three VN adaptations this season, and probably the one people are most looking forward to.

I actually found the start enjoyable and find the character designs pretty appealing, specifically Makise's.

I heard most of the game was talking, and there's a lot of jargon, so lets see how that plays out.

Since there's no anime OP yet, let's use a suitable replacement:

Oh, fyi the game isn't an eroge.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas Empty Re: Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas

Post  Chumara Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:26 pm

I'm excited to watch all the new shows tomorrow when I get back in town.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas Empty Re: Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:05 pm

Nitroplus should tell the studios doing their animations to use the game OPs, 'cause of the "noun;noun" series the game ops have been superior.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:08 pm

So I finally watched it, it was excellent. I really can't anything to complain about so I'll just say........ the banana is soft and moist.
I dunno how it was for Chaos;Head but the OP to this show was some kind of spinoff of the Steins;Gate game OP, not as good, but not THAT bad.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:20 pm

Chumara wrote:I dunno how it was for Chaos;Head but the OP to this show was some kind of spinoff of the Steins;Gate game OP, not as good, but not THAT bad.

Well let's compare:

Show:

Game:
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuuka Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:49 am

I had heard that this was pretty much all talking. In the end it actually turned out to be all talking, though I didn't mind it as much as I thought I would. I want 10000 yen...
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:18 pm

Ok so yeah I remembered that Chaos;Head opening immediately after it started, I did listen to it pretty much every time an ep aired, but yeah I like the game version better for this one as well.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:12 am

So, uh... the bananas travel back in time.

Also, I'm taking a real shining to Makise.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:41 pm

The banana jokes don't get old.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:14 pm

Losing on purpose doesn't really need a plan name.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:04 pm

It was still funny
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Thu May 05, 2011 1:19 am

Episode 5 was AMAZING, I think the biggest part I like about this show is that SERN (which is actually CERN) plays such a huge role in the show, I toured the facility when I was in Switzerland and just having it come back to me full circle in the form of an anime conspiracy is just awesome. Makise Kurisu also just gets better and better and I keep seeing a lil' bit of Tsubaki in her every new episode, also really enjoyed the cameo by Dr. Pepper again.
Fact: I was drinking Dr. Pepper while watching episode 5.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Thu May 05, 2011 2:08 pm

I had a hunch Hooin would try to feed Kurisu a microwave bananna.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue May 10, 2011 11:50 pm

Felt more like they were working on the technical and humor side for ep six, plot didn't actually feel it moved anywhere other than Shining Finger being formally added to the harem lab team.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue May 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Wow, an actual realistic goal for time travel. Well, they didn't achieve the objective but Hooin got his Dr. Pepper so I guess the experiment was a great success.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Tue May 17, 2011 9:53 pm

Yeah I lol'd when the Dr. Pepper was there.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed May 25, 2011 12:18 pm

Well that was a meaningful experiment.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Wed May 25, 2011 3:32 pm

So many time divergences his mind is going to turn to green jelly at this rate.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed May 25, 2011 3:38 pm

Mostly unrelated, but there's been details of what the new addition to the series is going to be:

The next series in production will be called Robotic;Notes
- New entry of "Science ADV Game" series by 5pb and Nitroplus.
- The main theme is robots.
- The setting is Tanegashima.
- The protagonist is a person whose only goal in life is to play fighting games.
- The main heroine is a genius programmer and a game developer. The plot kicks in with her introduction.
- The console is not specified yet, but "The series' fans won't be disappointed".
- The developers promise great amounts of 3D graphics.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Wed May 25, 2011 4:46 pm

And two years later we'll get an anime, hopefully.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:18 am

Show's getting serious now, really great episode.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Yeah this show hasn't let me down yet, Ore-tachi is becoming more bearable because it's making a lil' more sense every time, Denpa-onna turned out how I had hoped but it's still not a good show, and Ano Hana also turned out how I wanted but it's actually a good show.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:30 pm

Chumara wrote:Yeah this show hasn't let me down yet, Ore-tachi is becoming more bearable because it's making a lil' more sense every time, Denpa-onna turned out how I had hoped but it's still not a good show, and Ano Hana also turned out how I wanted but it's actually a good show.

I thought you were also watching Hoshizora and Aria, or do you just have no opinion?
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:02 pm

Well Hoshizora is just what it is, a harem, and Hidan no Aria is just awesome, nothing of interest to point out.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuuka Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:50 am

This show is so great... Tutturuu~~~~~
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next