Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas - Page 3 Empty Re: Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas

Post  Chumara Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:53 pm

Yeah I liked the intensity they brought back in this ep, new problems arising in already present ones, I really like the more intricate plots such as this.
But yeah, not only did it sound like rape but they were both breathing pretty heavily as well, hmmmmmm.....................
I find it funny how the old lady just didn't notice that something might be wrong with a table thrown out the door and all the screaming.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas - Page 3 Empty Re: Steins;Gate: Time Travel Powered by Dr. Pepper and Bananas

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Serious episode, but I kind of laughed when he had to memory leap on account of Daru being at Comima.

Anyways, the coin drops this episode that returning to the original timeline will cost Okarin just as dearly. Can't wait to see how that unfolds.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Number of posts : 1741

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:48 am

God I was remembering the original line the whole time and I knew this was coming, still sucks though. Maybe there will be a happy ending that Okabe finds anyways.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:00 pm

Ahem, here's a run down of how the game goes:

"After confirming with Daru that the locker Moeka mentioned was in use, Okarin returns the phone to Moeka and invites her along to for a chance to find out who FB really is. She hesitates and doesn’t follow.

The next day, Okarin goes alone to the locker and he spends the whole day keeping watch but no one arrives to open the locker. Okarin decides to try and break the locker open. The police is alerted and he time leaps back. The next day, Moeka joins him bringing some food with her and the next day someone finally appears. He didn’t seem to be FB. They follow him onto the train but lose track of the man he passes the case to. After another time leap they finally manage to get back on track. Surprisingly, Braun from the old TV shop was arrives to give them a lift. Okarin time leaps again and goes to rent a car ready to trail Braun and the Rounders. Moeka was a “paper driver” which meant she hasn’t driven for a very long time but she manages to somehow… They end up arriving at Suzuha’s home where the IBN5100 is moved inside.

They watch the house waiting for any more movement. There was none. Night soon descended and the men who attacked the lab arrives. They take the IBN5100 and learn they were heading to France with it where SERN’s HQ was. Okarin calls Kurisu to tell her to keep watch from outside. She was to call for help if neither he or Moeka comes back out. They enter the house and Braun greets them. He collects the Divergence Meter yet again but sits down. The displayed value had increased which confirms undoing the D-Mails was working.

Moeka stays silent until Okarin reveals they knew he was working for SERN. Braun takes out a gun, his smile faded. He admits to be “FB” and was only using Moeka to find the IBN5100. She was no use any more. Okarin was angry. Angry that the very person that Suzuha had gone back in time and ended up looking after was the person to steal the IBN5100 she retrieved. As if in answer, Braun smiled and pointed the gun to himself. He’s sorry for Suzuha and pulls the trigger. After picking up “FB” Braun’s phone, Okarin tried looking for Nae but was glad she wasn’t there to witness the whole event.

Together they leave the scene quickly back to Moeka’s apartment, ready to send the D-Mail they need. However, just as Kurisu mentions she saw a little girl running out the back of the house after the gunshot, Braun’s little daughter Nae appears in the room and greets them hello. She suddenly takes out a gun and shoots Moeka, laughing eerily. She tells Okarin to wait in fear because he will be next in the future and runs out the apartment. Both Kurisu and Okarin were shocked. That did not sound like a little girl talking.

With the D-Mail on standby, Moeka apologises for what she’s done and passes out. Kurisu remains calm, urging Okarin to send the D-Mail but he doesn’t. He wanted to know the truth and who Nae really was. He time leaps back to before they arrive at Suzuha’s house and waits outside together with Kurisu while Moeka goes in alone this time. He instructs Kurisu to go in and pick up FB’s phone after hearing a gunshot while he goes after Nae.

Unprepared, little Nae brandishes a knife and lunges at Okarin’s shoulder. She reveals she was Brauns daughter who had time leaped over 2700 times to return 15 years from the future for revenge. But she couldn’t kill Okarin yet because otherwise she would never be able to travel back in time to kill Moeka like she just did. Either way, she joins Rounders and is the one that ends up capturing Okarin in the future, torturing him about his resistance group and letting him die a slow death. With that she runs off just as Kurisu catches up. Okarin takes the phone from Kurisu and sends the D-Mail.

After the timeline shift, Okarin finds himself standing in the streets and immediately heads to Moeka’s apartment to see if the D-Mail worked. She confirms she was no longer looking for the IBN5100. As he made his way back to the lab, he grimaced remembering what happened in the other timeline – Nae bent on revenge and Braun committing suicide to stop Moeka working for the Rounders.

Finally the IBN5100 was back in the Mirai Gadgets Lab. Okarin cries out happily, ready to have Daru erase traces of their D-Mail from SERN’s surveillance logs and shift the timeline for good so that Mayuri is finally saved. Unfortunately, Daru was away at the ComiMa so Okarin time leaps to the moment Daru is still around.

Daru sets up all the commands ready and gives Okarin the privilege to hit the enter key. However, just as he was about to execute the commands, he realizes he had forgotten something important… If he stops himself sending that D-Mail about Kurisu’ death, they will end up in a timeline where she will be murdered."
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:52 am

Interesting, maybe they didn't have enough episodes left to incorporate that part of the storyline. Sounds like that it comes back again in the story and they just didn't have time for it.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:12 pm

WTFrickkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo3BhSUGPuQ
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:30 am

Chumara wrote:WTFrickkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo3BhSUGPuQ

Wait wait, that game can take english commands? Holy frak!
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:20 pm

This episode reminded me of that Minami-ke bit where the car kept hitting that couple.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:01 pm

Wow Thahn I can't believe you remember that, that was a pretty funny aspect of Minami-ke. I miss that show sorta.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:13 pm

Let me take this opportunity to remind everyone that SG isn't an eroge.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuuka Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:32 pm

The theory of relativity is so romantic.
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:37 pm

Wow, everything from the series comes back to hit like a hammer.

I was amusing myself with a rather accurate guess of the outcome with the operation to save Chris Kurisu, although the how was a bit loss so it didn't stop me from being hooked into how the scene played.

Well the only down note is that next episode is the last... Well at least we have a nitro+ staffer anime next season.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuuka Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:15 pm

The show kinda feels like it already ended last episode. For one thing, Suzu calling Okabe was kinda important, and yet it came after the credits rolled last episode which some people might have missed. If anything, this arc feels kinda like an optional "true end" route, kinda like the sort of thing people will miss on a first playthrough or something.

Sad to see this show end, though. It's so enjoyable.
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:48 pm

Ryuuka wrote:The show kinda feels like it already ended last episode. For one thing, Suzu calling Okabe was kinda important, and yet it came after the credits rolled last episode which some people might have missed. If anything, this arc feels kinda like an optional "true end" route, kinda like the sort of thing people will miss on a first playthrough or something.

Sad to see this show end, though. It's so enjoyable.

Since Kurisu route was pretty much shaped to be the true heroine, I think it's more like the epilogue story that people don't realize is there so they prematurely end the game.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:00 am

23 episodes later and I find out that Okabe is 18 years old, wow..... I wasn't that grizzly and tall when I was 18.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:39 pm

Gah, why didn't I notice it earlier. The insert song they used for the end of 23 was the game's OP!
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:47 pm

Yeah I noticed it right away, I love the game OP a lot more.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumara Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:08 pm

Probably the best ending I could have asked for, I really loved this show as a whole.
.............Except that the special announcement kinda killed the mood, I hope it's just a condensed re-telling.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:33 pm

Chumara wrote:Probably the best ending I could have asked for, I really loved this show as a whole.
.............Except that the special announcement kinda killed the mood, I hope it's just a condensed re-telling.

Pffff, they're obviously going to animate the FD.

Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:11 pm

Final thoughts:

Absolute masterpiece, but then that must have been the will of Steins Gate. Anyways, this show never failed to keep me tuned in and was one of the brighter spots this season as well as being the most successful of the three VNs adapted for last season. Nitro+ must be excited about the strong reaction from their and their staff recent works, maybe they might switch to full time VNs and cut out the ero... Nah, then they probably wouldn't be able to sell Sonico as well.

The art was different from the original source, what with more solid colors and some differences in character designs, though keeping a good sense of the original designs. I would compare to Fractale from what I've heard, but I didn't watch it to make an appropriate comparison.

The characters were all great. Splendid personalities kept the cast appealing and a vetted voice cast just did amazingly. I still remember the impact I felt from Kiryuu in her arc and Okarin at the end of the Kurisu arc. No like, they should give Mamoru an award for this show.

But the best part is the story. For a show that was going to be dialogue heavy, the execution and pacing was well done and the show never truly felt like it was trying to fill time. For what should be obvious reasons, I heard they cut back some explanations from the game, but I felt the amount of detail they provided for the show was reasonable in making sense of things and provided for a quite reasonable course of events.

Okay so shows like Steins;Gate gives me confidence that VNs can be adapted. I don't know what the problem is, is it the one cour format that's screwing over the story telling?

To close, I'll leave this here:
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:55 pm

Also:
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuuka Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:42 pm

Worst part of the ending was that it ended.
Ryuuka
Ryuuka
Zashiki Warashi

Back to top Go down

Post  [DR] Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:18 am

Been powering through this today, despite it being showed for club, and now through 19 episodes... I really don't like Kiryuu at all. It's such a disgrace to be named Shining Finger on such a horrible character.

Edit- Finished, it is the best show I've seen of those that started in the spring season (though Azazel was hilarious, just rather short). Personally thought the first half had a much slower pacing than the second half as the first half was a lot of character relationship development with little bits of plot to advance in what's going on overall. Then when things got serious when it became all about saving Shiina and the endless 8 like event, though not anywhere near as bad mind you.
Would wish for a little bit more of a conclusion dealing with the end but how it ended is fine too. I don't know how any of you got through watching this on a weekly basis, would seem very difficult, much like something like Index.
[DR]
[DR]
Zashiki Warashi

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-01-23

https://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10051425

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkaman Calamity Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:31 pm

[DR] wrote:Personally thought the first half had a much slower pacing than the second half as the first half was a lot of character relationship development with little bits of plot to advance in what's going on overall.

Common routes are like that.

I don't know how any of you got through watching this on a weekly basis, would seem very difficult, much like something like Index.

I just start... reading until Monday when the anxiety reaches a boiling point that I have trouble concentrating.
Tekkaman Calamity
Tekkaman Calamity
1% Waifu Material

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3