Japanese Media Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Spring 2024
Spring 2019 List EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2024
Spring 2019 List EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 11:15 pm by Chumara

» Fall 2023
Spring 2019 List EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 8:37 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2023
Spring 2019 List EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 7:54 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2023
Spring 2019 List EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 8:51 pm by Chumara

» Winter 2023
Spring 2019 List EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 2:40 am by Chumara

» Fall 2022
Spring 2019 List EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:33 pm by Chumara

» Summer 2022
Spring 2019 List EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:11 pm by Chumara

» Spring 2022
Spring 2019 List EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 pm by Chumara

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Spring 2019 List

2 posters

Go down

Spring 2019 List Empty Spring 2019 List

Post  take-mikazuchi Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:14 pm

Holy hell this has to be a record low count. Anime is bad.

Sequels and Continuations

One Punch Man s2 - It's not by Madhouse so I expect some quality loss but still. ONE PUUUUUUUUUUNCH!!!

Shingeki no Kyojin s3 part 2 - "10 eps airing on 4/29" wut.

Bunghole Gay Dogs s3 Bungou Stray Dogs s3 - I'm way too invested at this point, but my god this show has been fujoshi trash bait central.

Ace of Diamond Act 2 - Finally some good sports anime making a comeback. Too bad the plebs will be watching Hachigatsu no Cinderella 9.

Shield Bro - Among the over saturated isekai shows is one done better.

Jojo's part 5 - Favorite part out of the manga series and so far has not disappointed.

New Shows

Fairy Gone - I've lost a lot of faith in PA Works but let's see if they can pull off something more in my genre.

Carole and Tuesday - Sounds wholesome having been a musician myself for many years.

Konoyo no Hate de Koi o Utau Shoujo YU-NO - Sounds like a poor man's Steins;Gate, but it has the same director as Drifters, Erased, Afro Samurai and Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress and...psst ef: a tale of memories.

Miru Tights - Let's just... not talk about that.

Total - 10 with only 4 of which being new shows. What happened? I must be too stuck in the past to be expecting 2009-2013 levels of hype seasons. Either that or I'm just getting old.

take-mikazuchi
Tsundere

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Spring 2019 List Empty Re: Spring 2019 List

Post  Chumara Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:54 pm

So I counted and there's only 32 new full shows this season, including sequels, boy the industry must be hurting or something, 32 is only about ~10 more than my average number of pickups a season meaning..... I'm probably going to be scratching the absolutely bottom of the barrel on this one.
But it looks like the big boys are still out to play with their one big project at least. This is fine though, I still have a lot to catch up on that I've been saving for years now, I'll never have a true shortage of things to watch.

Continuations/Sequels

Bungou Stray Dogs S3: I really liked season 2 in a way that I never did for season 1, so hopefully this continues off of that high.

Diamond no Ace Act 2: I already watched the first episode and I'm glad they did a bit recap, but how the hell am I supposed to remember what happened exactly 3 years ago. Luckily the recap made me remember our podcast where I said "Oh it's the sports anime where they actually lose!"

Hangyaku-sei Million Arthur 2: The first season was really bad, but I really really like the fighting game and my character is OG from this show, so...... yeah

One Punch Man 2: I've JC Staff do some beautiful work before, so I'm not on zero expectations that they can pick up the work that Madhouse was doing, but at the same time the animation in Index 3 has been somewhat lackluster sooo~~~~~~

Shingeki no Kyojin 3 Part 2: Is this a season 2 of a season 3? Whatever, the last part was fantastic, I still love the shit out of this show.

New Stuff

Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai: 5 girls..... bad grades..... poverty tutor who achieves high grades........ wait did they accidentally copy the synopsis from Gotoubun?

Carole & Tuesday: Bones & Music, can't be horrible.

Fairy Gone: This is the same plot as Spec Ops Asuka but without the magical girls........ but magical girls make everything better....... but this is PA Works so I'll watch it.

Gunjou no Magmel: I read the synopsis and watched the trailer and I still don't know what it's about but there was some action.

Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine: Oh, another baseball show, if this is one of those "from the viewer's perspective" shows, I'll drop it ep 1.

Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu: Oh thank god there's a cute girls doing cute things show, the season is complete now.

Kenja no Mago: I was reading the synopsis but then my eyes drifted over and saw "SILVER LINK" so I stopped reading and added it.

Kimetsu no Yaiba: This show seems really similar to Dororo, and not that interesting, but 1 it's UFOTable and 2 I'll basically watch anything this season, I'll check it out

Kono Oto Tomare!: This sounds like a Kyoto show, but it's not.

Konoyo no Hate de Koi o Utau Shoujo YU-NO: The synopsis does sound a little Steins;Gaet-y, but the title makes it sound like a musical romance so what on earth is going to happen here.

Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin: This sounds really boring but I'll give it a try.

Mix: Oh.... another........baseball......... anime.........

RoboHachi: I just added this because it didn't sound abysmal.

Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san: I don't like the furry aspect of this, but I need all the slice of life I can get from this season, plus I really like Doga Kobo.

Shoumetsu Toshi: Oh I see Madhouse is too busy to do One Punch Man but not this.

Maybes

Lol there aren't enough shows for maybes

Leftovers
Dororo
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So 23 in total, with a lot of drop potential on the horizon...... yup, going to catch up with stuff this season for sure.
Chumara
Chumara
O-Haruhi-Sama

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  take-mikazuchi Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:54 am

3 weeks in and 3 shows dropped. Holy hell what is happening to the anime industry. I'm down to 6 shows and only 1 of them is a new show.

take-mikazuchi
Tsundere

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down